+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cruises

Big Dog exit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really nice exit84's Avatar

Cruises

My wife and I are in the beginning stages of planning a eastern or south caribbean cruise. If you have been to this area please let me know where and where not to go. She mentioned St Thomas, Puerto Rico, Bahamas, St Maarten etc.. What ya'll think?

Puppy latch10 has turned a few heads around herelatch10 has turned a few heads around here

Re: Cruises

Your wife has some good places in mind. Of the cruises I have been on my favorite is the the eastern part. My wife and I love to go to St. Thomas ans St. Martin. When we went to St. Martin last year we went on a catamarian. That was the most fun we had. Step off the cruise ship at 7:30 central time and had a beer in my hand from the people on the catamarian at 7:35 our time. the two place are both great. Alot of shops for the wife to spend your money. if I could go every year i would go. Do you know what cruise line you are going on? Enjoy it

Big Dog exit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really nice exit84's Avatar

latch10
    The last cruise was on Carnival, who do you recommend?

Puppy latch10 has turned a few heads around herelatch10 has turned a few heads around here

it is just what you prefer. we like be spoiled so we like royal caribbean or celebrity. we did not like carnival becasue it was so packed. on the other two it does not seem as crowded.

What about the cost on Royal ?

Champ Jen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really nice Jen_Leigh's Avatar

We leave this sunday to from San Juan to St. Thomas, Anigua, Dominica, St. Lucia and Barbados on Carnival. I'll let you know when I get back about it!

Varsity Bulldog bigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nice bigwagee's Avatar

Royal is very good. If you get a room with a balconey, get a room at the back of the ship. These rooms have the biggest balconies try for one on the corner.

Big Dog Dawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to behold Dawgbert's Avatar

I do Royal Caribbean every Thanksgiving week. Would not sail on another ship. If you go to St. Maarten stay off the French side. They are as snobby their as in France. You have to go to the top of St. Thomas and have one of their banana daquiris.

I have been to St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Puerto Rico, Nassau. Where else? My mind is blank. This year it is Haiti, Grand Cayman, Jamaica and Cozumel.

Cruises are very nice and they spoil you. Someone warned me about Carnival. They are a lot cheaper (not money-wise). RCCL is just a class act. By all means get a balcony. We sit out on our while docked and look down and play a game we call find the fake boobies.

Nassau sucks. We usually go to Freeport Memorial Day and just kick back for the weekend. Heading out Friday and eat some conch at Billy Joe's on the Beach and drink some Kalik Gold. That stuff will knock you on your ass.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

What are the usuall departing port for these? I'd like to look into one for end of winter/spring next year

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    What are the usuall departing port for these? I'd like to look into one for end of winter/spring next year
    New Orleans and Galveston.

Miami if you ball hard.

EDIT: Oh, and Vancouver or Seattle if you want to do the bad ass Alaskan variety. This is my next one.

Champ Jen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really nice Jen_Leigh's Avatar

I know Carnival goes out of N.O., Tampa, Miami, San Juan, New York and i dunno where else that was just what I was looking at.

Book a year and a 1/2 in advance to get an awseom price and book on the bottom of the boat and as the time gets closer (once you have paid in full) you will get bumped up!

Puppy techbluedog is just really nicetechbluedog is just really nicetechbluedog is just really nicetechbluedog is just really nicetechbluedog is just really nicetechbluedog is just really nicetechbluedog is just really nicetechbluedog is just really nicetechbluedog is just really nicetechbluedog is just really nicetechbluedog is just really nice

Adventures of the Seas - Royal Caribbean

is a great cruise and fantastic ship. Check out the pictures of the ship on Royal Caribbean's website. Only drawback is leaving out of San Juan - it was a zoo! I will never go thru San Juan again. cruisecompete.com is a great web site once you have your dates and choice of ships to compare. Actual cruise agents compete for your business giving you onboard credits, free insurance, etc. The agents then look for discounts that may come up until your cruise date. We received a $200 discount per person before the final cruise date. We booked a great room and in the end had a cheaper price than the next lower class balcony. Royal Caribbean has the nicest ships and services, but the atmosphere and fun on Carnival I don't think can be surpassed. IMO the best rooms are aft balconies. I really like the corner afts on Carnival - depending on the ship - the corner afts
    have larger balconies and you can see the side of the ship plus the back.

wait whats wrong with san juan we are flying there saturday to get on the boat sunday . . . please forwarn me!!

Puppy techbluedog is just really nicetechbluedog is just really nicetechbluedog is just really nicetechbluedog is just really nicetechbluedog is just really nicetechbluedog is just really nicetechbluedog is just really nicetechbluedog is just really nicetechbluedog is just really nicetechbluedog is just really nicetechbluedog is just really nice

Re: Cruises out of San Juan

San Juan is ok to visit but the airport is where the problem lies. Our problems actually started in Monroe at the Delta counter, they played with our reservations and got them missed up and never corrected them properly. On our return back to Monroe, since the airlines had gotten our reservations missed up, we could not do dockside luggage express back to the airport. Royal Caribbean offers airport checkin directly from the ship. Once you depart ship and pickup your luggage you simply walk about 20 feet and drop all your bags at the express airport checkin located right at the cruise terminal, you do not have to take care of it any further - just pick your bags up at your final distination. But, not us since Delta did not do the appropriate paperwork, we had to take our own luggage to the airport and stand in line for approx. 4 hours with two large bags each in tow. Everyone is tired and ready to be home and the airline personnel are very hard to understand. We departed the ship and where in a taxi by 9 am but we were not thru airline checkin until after 2 pm. On Sunday there are 3 or 4 ships that unload passengers at the same time. The airport is not large enough to accommodate the number of passengers that arrive at the same time. Super long lines. Be sure to pack any liquor you want to return home with inside your luggage, otherwise they take it. The airport does have someone who will wrap your boxed liquor in plastic wrap and ship it, but its better off wrapped in your dirty clothes. Lots of people did not know this and they just opened their bags while standing in line and packed their liquor in the bags. My suggestion would be as soon as you depart the ship, go straight to airport asap - don't think about playing tourist unless you have a very late departure planned. Also, most flights were overbooked and were asking people to layover and fly home on Monday. If you were not there early, you got bumped. We were very lucky to get our flights straighten out and be able to catch our flight home. Delta desk at Monroe almost spoiled our return home. You will understand when you see the 1000's of people in one small airport. Have I great time, wish I was going - just not out of San Juan. Akumal, Cozumel, and Playa Del Carmen for me this year to scuba dive!

Re: Cruises out of San Juan

Quote Originally Posted by techbluedog View Post
    San Juan is ok to visit but the airport is where the problem lies. Our problems actually started in Monroe at the Delta counter, they played with our reservations and got them missed up and never corrected them properly. On our return back to Monroe, since the airlines had gotten our reservations missed up, we could not do dockside luggage express back to the airport. Royal Caribbean offers airport checkin directly from the ship. Once you depart ship and pickup your luggage you simply walk about 20 feet and drop all your bags at the express airport checkin located right at the cruise terminal, you do not have to take care of it any further - just pick your bags up at your final distination. But, not us since Delta did not do the appropriate paperwork, we had to take our own luggage to the airport and stand in line for approx. 4 hours with two large bags each in tow. Everyone is tired and ready to be home and the airline personnel are very hard to understand. We departed the ship and where in a taxi by 9 am but we were not thru airline checkin until after 2 pm. On Sunday there are 3 or 4 ships that unload passengers at the same time. The airport is not large enough to accommodate the number of passengers that arrive at the same time. Super long lines. Be sure to pack any liquor you want to return home with inside your luggage, otherwise they take it. The airport does have someone who will wrap your boxed liquor in plastic wrap and ship it, but its better off wrapped in your dirty clothes. Lots of people did not know this and they just opened their bags while standing in line and packed their liquor in the bags. My suggestion would be as soon as you depart the ship, go straight to airport asap - don't think about playing tourist unless you have a very late departure planned. Also, most flights were overbooked and were asking people to layover and fly home on Monday. If you were not there early, you got bumped. We were very lucky to get our flights straighten out and be able to catch our flight home. Delta desk at Monroe almost spoiled our return home. You will understand when you see the 1000's of people in one small airport. Have I great time, wish I was going - just not out of San Juan. Akumal, Cozumel, and Playa Del Carmen for me this year to scuba dive!
    Went to Cozumel and Playa you will love it!!!! Thanks for the info on San Juan I printed your post for my father to see it.

+ Reply to Thread