+ Reply to Thread
Page 166 of 170 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 2538

Thread: Comments That Don't Warrant A Thread

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Comments That Don't Warrant A Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    Yep, it’s right after I pass Sam’s that I often see them.
    Not sure what they are looking for, but I don't think it is speeders unless they are going well over 80. I've noticed some strange looking (black and unmarked white) police cars east of Bossier as well. I've always assumed they are looking for drug runners. The number of cars I see now without license plates is incredible. I rarely see regular LSP units on I-49, but I often see the unmarked units.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I know there is a (probably largely true) theory that users are always change averse. But sometimes updates are bad. Just indefensibly bad. I get it when it's bad because it's just bad for users but good for the bottom line, but often that doesn't even seem to be a goal.

My current "get off my lawn" issue is with Spotify, an app I like and use A LOT. I've avoided the mobile update by turning them off, and I really don't mind most of the desktop changes (they got so much negative feedback on both during testing but just rolled them out anyway). But some of this stuff is just so stupid. Why would they think people would want things arranged like this?

I think UX/UI must be a really challenging field. How do you ever know if users hate your changes for legitimate reasons versus just the normal human dislike for change?
    This probably belongs in the peeve thread, but I knew I had already commented on it here.

As I said above, I get the idea of change aversion. I don't think every UX or UI change is probably necessary bad (or as bad as it always seems). I can theoretically understand changes that are better for the company than for users. Or better for a majority or plurality of users than for me personally. Or that is really better and eventually I'll get it or get used to it. Conceded.

Having said that - I often wonder if the Spotify developers ever use the product. It almost feels like trolling when almost every "update" makes things a worse experience rather than a better one. I think the root is financially motivated but at some point if you drive away all your subscribers, that's gotta backfire, right?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

It is very disturbing and sad that groups will openly bash crisis pregnancy centers by calling them fake clinics. Accuse them of delaying the “healthcare” a woman really needs. Vandalizing and protesting their locations. How angry do you have to be at your own parents for not aborting you to demand the abortion if so many others?

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    It is very disturbing and sad that groups will openly bash crisis pregnancy centers by calling them fake clinics. Accuse them of delaying the “healthcare” a woman really needs. Vandalizing and protesting their locations. How angry do you have to be at your own parents for not aborting you to demand the abortion if so many others?
    i think there are a lot of people who have themselves had an abortion or encouraged/pressured someone else to get one, and they are desperately trying to cope with their own guilt. they have to convince themselves that they are the good guys, which leads to nonsense like this.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

this week i learned that phil collins is an avid alamo enthusiast. yes, that phil collins. yes, the alamo of the texas revolution.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    this week i learned that phil collins is an avid alamo enthusiast. yes, that phil collins. yes, the alamo of the texas revolution.
    Really, in what capacity? As a historian with an interest in the history? Perhaps as a preservationist?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

The CUSA media days should all be done by Zoom call. It’s embarrassing to see pictures of our coach talking to 4 people on the field of an MLB baseball stadium.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

The CUSA media days should all be done by Zoom call. It’s embarrassing to see pictures of our coach talking to 4 people on the field of an MLB baseball stadium.
    They must not know we are the only D1 conference with a female commissioner. Is female okay to say now?

It’s not woke to be a Texan. They stole all the land from Mexico and Indian savages

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

The mallpark has conference rooms available, maybe they should just use those.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

They're not excited for Division II football?

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Really, in what capacity? As a historian with an interest in the history? Perhaps as a preservationist?
    they built a museum behind the alamo to house and display his collection of alamo and texas revolution related artifacts along with some of the artifacts that were formerly displayed inside the alamo chapel. they have a big alamo diorama in there with a recording telling about the battle narrated by phil collins himself.

the collection includes two of davie crocket's guns, santa ana's sword, and the knife that is supposedly the one that james bowie used in the knife fight that made him famous (along with a lot of other cool stuff that my daughter and i nerded out on).

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

they built a museum behind the alamo to house and display his collection of alamo and texas revolution related artifacts along with some of the artifacts that were formerly displayed inside the alamo chapel. they have a big alamo diorama in there with a recording telling about the battle narrated by phil collins himself.

the collection includes two of davie crocket's guns, santa ana's sword, and the knife that is supposedly the one that james bowie used in the knife fight that made him famous (along with a lot of other cool stuff that my daughter and i nerded out on).
    Kool! haven't visited the Alamo in years...like 15 years or so. Gives me another reason to go back.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

It's interesting that (I think I'm 100% correct) those who favor abortions . . . were not aborted themselvers.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread