+ Reply to Thread
Page 127 of 170 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2541

Thread: Comments That Don't Warrant A Thread

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Re: Comments That Don't Warrant A Thread

It is hard to put in words the feelings you experience knowing you were one of the last few voices of a loved one a person hears before they die. The hardest to get over is the feeling you didn't do enough to make sure they knew how much you loved them.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Almost 24 hours w/out a dip of snuff. Hope I don't end up in jail.
    Three years and three months. Now I need an accountability team to get rid of the weight I've gained. I figured if I could make it through the last two weeks of December and New Years day I'd have a head start. Trying to limit calories to 2000ish per day and 30 minutes of exercise. Anybody else in?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    Absolutely habit now. The physiological aspects of the addiction to nicotine typically withdraw within just a few weeks. What remains is the psychological (and emotional) conditioning that has associated so many cues in your environment with your nicotine fix.

Congrats on quitting and staying quit for so long!
    Congrats!

My grandfather was a smoker until the 60s or 70s. He worked shifts, and he got home after a 3-11 one night, out of cigarettes. There were no 24-hour convenience stores at that time and place, and his craving kept him up all night. True to his character, instead of buying cigs when the shops opened, he got pissed! He was NOT going to let something have that much control over him!

Unfortunately, he switched to chewing tobacco, which eventually led to the throat cancer that killed him at a fairly young (considering his otherwise good health and activity level) age of 77.
    Brian I still think about these two posts three years later. Thanks!

Now gimme some mental stuff to get rid of several lbs..

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Trying to limit calories to 2000ish per day and 30 minutes of exercise. Anybody else in?
    Screw that.

Something's gonna kill ya .... I'd just as soon eat well till then.
    Last edited by Champ967; 12-18-2013 at 05:05 PM.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Brian I still think about these two posts three years later. Thanks!

Now gimme some mental stuff to get rid of several lbs..

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Liberals are so accepting, flexible, and open minded.......until you disagree with them.

Great stuff. Just happen to be watching it and Andy Griffith and the same time.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Great stuff. Just happen to be watching it and Andy Griffith and the same time.
    On a more comprehensive note, I've found myfitnesspal.com to be a great tool for setting and keeping on track with all sorts of fitness goals. I lost about 15 lbs with it.

But, yeah, running wouldn't hurt, either. :icon_wink:

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

i really knew i was in a fancy joint when they brought out the ketchup...

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

So for Christmas we got my not quite 2 year old son a copy of a book that he had really liked when we randomly checked it out of the library earlier this year. Easily his favorite book to have read to him. It's called BOY + BOT. He was really happy to see it on Christmas morning (we read it at least twice as soon as we opened it - and this is with a pile of brand new toys nearby). He is a big fan of "bo-bots" right now.

So after the break I decided I'd email or tweet the author just to let her know that we like her book. I really wasn't trying to get anything out of her or expecting a response other than maybe a "thanks, I like to hear that."

But when I sent her a tweet, she responded by telling me that if I sent her an address by private message she'd send us some goodies. And yesterday we got a package in the mail with swag for both of my kids from both of this lady's books. Stickers, bracelets, mini-frisbees, bookmarks, etc. Also, a nice personal letter to them saying that she heard they liked her book and how that made her feel.

Let's just say Mom and Dad are impressed. If we weren't already fans, we certainly would be now.

Anyway, the author is Ame Dyckman and the books are BOY + BOT (which we love) and Tea Party Rules (which we actually haven't read yet, but have ordered from our library). If you have young children, it's worth checking them out.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Today would have been Johnny Cash's 82nd birthday.

In related news, my not-quite-two-year-old insists on listening to Johnny Cash whenever he rides in Daddy's car.

And nobody insists on things the way that not-quite-two-year-olds do. It's a very insistent age.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Sitting at Posada's in Bossier. They can't handle the crowd for Mardi Gras and we want this town to host a conference tourney or continue to host a bowl game. Probably not.......

The food was good as always, but the servers and kitchen can't keep up with a 80% full restaurant.

Fun stuff on this thread:

http://imgur.com/gallery/iRSmRCg

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

word of the day: mcgyvery (n): unconventional innovation applied to a pressing problem, often involving the use of duct tape and/or bobby pins (bobby pins only applicable when removed from the hair of a hot and bewildered female).

as in, "with a lot of redneck engineering and mcgyvery, i was able to piece together a working lawn mower."

+ Reply to Thread