+ Reply to Thread
Page 158 of 170 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 2538

Thread: Comments That Don't Warrant A Thread

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Comments That Don't Warrant A Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Cue the accusations of snowflake / communist / etc.

3, 2, 1 ...
    I just get sucked into it. I do care about others opinions, but the bickering gets at least after a while. Sometimes I just wish all we had was sports. Oh well, I can step away. Better for me anyway.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I just get sucked into it. I do care about others opinions, but the bickering gets at least after a while. Sometimes I just wish all we had was sports. Oh well, I can step away. Better for me anyway.
    I often double click the forums from the forums list. Just like first thing before clicking settings to see action on threads I'm already involved in. It does help.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

We should have a way of blocking the entire politics forum. I get to where I leave the board for months just because I hate seeing all those threads at the top.
    You can unsubscribe to individual threads.

Settings > Subscriptions under My Subscriptions > click box next to thread you don't want > click Selected Threads at bottom of page > Delete Subscriptions> Press Go

And then double click the quote bubble for each section of board you don't want to read.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

a song about being served fish when you were promised steak:
    "that girl is poisson" by belle beuf du voeu...

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

My 2022 New Years Resolution is not to argue about topics which I have no understanding. I may post a video or article to ask someone their opinion of its accuracy or similar. I just realized that I don’t like people who will argue tooth and nail with me about things I have done for part of all my life when all they did was read an article in some rag and think they are an expert. I don’t want to be that guy and I probably have been in some instances. It’s not worth it.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

My 2022 New Years Resolution is not to argue about topics which I have no understanding. I may post a video or article to ask someone their opinion of its accuracy or similar. I just realized that I don’t like people who will argue tooth and nail with me about things I have done for part of all my life when all they did was read an article in some rag and think they are an expert. I don’t want to be that guy and I probably have been in some instances. It’s not worth it.
    I dont understand .... Once I've done a couple of web searches, and maybe watched a few videos, that doesnt make me an expert on a thing?

I mean ... once I've searched Bing for a few hours, and once I've read enough material that matches my pre-existing worldview (which Bing already knew based on my roughly quarter-century of internet searches, and so it feeds me search results that will hold my attention longer because their whole business is based on selling ads) ... then I'm an expert. And anybody -- regardless of any formal training or years of experience in the field -- who doesnt agree with the conclusions of my "research" is plainly a party to a worldwide conspiracy to suppress the truth. Right?

Anyway, your resolution does not make sense. I know because I'm an expert on resolutions. I did my research.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I dont understand .... Once I've done a couple of web searches, and maybe watched a few videos, that doesnt make me an expert on a thing?

I mean ... once I've searched Bing for a few hours, and once I've read enough material that matches my pre-existing worldview (which Bing already knew based on my roughly quarter-century of internet searches, and so it feeds me search results that will hold my attention longer because their whole business is based on selling ads) ... then I'm an expert. And anybody -- regardless of any formal training or years of experience in the field -- who doesnt agree with the conclusions of my "research" is plainly a party to a worldwide conspiracy to suppress the truth. Right?

Anyway, your resolution does not make sense. I know because I'm an expert on resolutions. I did my research.

The (somewhat archaic) vocab word of the day is sciolism.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    The (somewhat archaic) vocab word of the day is sciolism.
    Words arent real. I did my research.

Wake up sheeple!

Are you making fun of me? I’m not sure because I haven’t adequately researched it.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Words arent real. I did my research.

Wake up sheeple!
    neither are birds / but I don't know how we are conversating without words

Are you making fun of me? I’m not sure because I haven’t adequately researched it.
    No. I'm making fun of the kind of people that inspired your resolution.

Thankfully, there are none of those types on this board.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Damn! How many times have I heard "We are not laughing with you, we are laughing at you!"
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    Damn! How many times have I heard "We are not laughing with you, we are laughing at you!"
    Wait, is that a Kamala Harris quote?

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

if you don't leave a voicemail, don't expect me to call you back.

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    if you don't leave a voicemail, don't expect me to call you back.
    Oh my gosh! We get so many crap calls at the office that we don’t pick up unless we recognize the name or number on caller ID. We have a voicemail. People refuse to use it.

+ Reply to Thread