+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 170 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Comments That Don't Warrant A Thread

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Re: Comments That Don't Warrant A Thread

I just watched the Space Shuttle go up. If anyone ever has the chance, do it. However, I did see something there that totally, totally took me off guard. In my humble opinion, putting man into space is the greatest technological achievement of all time. Why then, did I see Amish people in attendance to see the lift off?

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Maybe their from one of those liberal covenants in Missouri...

Big Dog exit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really nice exit84's Avatar

"those who hammer their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not" Thomas Jefferson.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

The cafeteria at work is open for lunch from 12:00 to 12:30 and they only take cash.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    The cafeteria at work is open for lunch from 12:00 to 12:30 and they only take cash.
    They must be run by aramark.

Quote Originally Posted by AG_jr View Post
    They must be run by aramark.
    Lackman, and there is more to the story. They have been totally horrible and the constantly complain about things like candy bars being sold in one of our plants (which is not prohibited by their contract). So, their contract is not being renewed. After negotiations failed on their end and we found someone else to run our cafeteria, they stopped trying. Technically, they still have to operate, but now they only operate for 30 minutes.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

I have worked 60+ hour weeks..mostly on my feet..for the past 12 years. I need another beer!
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    They have been totally horrible and the constantly complain about things like candy bars being sold in one of our plants
    Again...sounds like Aramark.

So I signed up for this effort titled "Rebuilding Together." It's very similar to a Habitat for Humanity type deal except we don't actually build the homes. All that we do is fix up the homes with new furniture, appliances, lawn care and fixing, paint, and that type of stuff. Typically, the families who are selected are of special interest (like foster homes, etc). Last weekend a decently large group met to fix up the house of a grandmother taking care of her three grandchildren who's parents are both spending time in prison. Since moving to this house, all three children have slept directly on the tile floor.

First of all, the "Rebuilding Together" guy who is in charge of logistics should have to go sit in the corner for a 15 minute timeout. A microwave that hangs directly on the wall between cabinets that are 30 inches apart should not be exactly 30 inches wide. Furthermore, if the plug is under the microwave, it is not a good idea to acquire a microwave that has the plug coming out of the top (especially when said microwave is to be supported by screwing into an overhanging cabinet). Finally, you should schedule more than 15 minutes to assemble and install said microwave, especially when the microwave is the exact size of its location and will require a special mounting to be designed and constructed because the plug comes out the wrong end.

Now, I don't want anyone to get the wrong impression. I'm not trying to get a pat on the back, but if all of these things were happening to me I would darn sure tell everyone thank you. I would not be going around barking orders and criticizing the job of the people that are volunteering to help me out. And, I couldn't help but notice...
    ...the kids don't have beds, but she has a pretty sweet computer...
    ...there are no toys to be found, but there is a HUGE freaking (at least 60") flat panel tv.

At least the kids were appreciative and you have to walk away feeling good that they'll benefit from this, but if this lady pawns off those beds I hope someone breaks in and steals her tv.

On a separate note, it seems to me that people in the lower income bracket often concentrate their money into one item rather than use their money to improve the overall quality of their life.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

I normally hate Tony Kornheiser, but he may have had the line of the year about two plays before McNair chucked an INT with the Ravens down to the Steelers 28-0. He and Jaworski were talking about adjustments...."What changes would you have them make other than leaving the stadium?"

Champ playdablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of light playdablues's Avatar

Post Re: Comments That Don't Warrant A Thread

Why do you COOK bacon but BAKE cookies?

Quote Originally Posted by playdablues View Post
    Because I'm not married and don't have a wife to do it for me.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

My mother-in-law bakes bacon...and it's awesome.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?

Puppy TruDawg07 seems to have something between the earsTruDawg07 seems to have something between the earsTruDawg07 seems to have something between the earsTruDawg07 seems to have something between the earsTruDawg07 seems to have something between the earsTruDawg07 seems to have something between the ears

Drink apple juice...OJ kills

+ Reply to Thread