+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 170 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Comments That Don't Warrant A Thread

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Re: Comments That Don't Warrant A Thread

Anybody ever sell their sperm?

I was thinking the other day that after I finish my PhD that I might be able to fetch a pretty good rate for my essence. My wife didn't like the idea, though. I guess she figures I've done enough damage to the nation's gene pool by introducing our children to the world. She'd hate to have any more little Brians running around out there.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    Anybody ever sell their sperm?

I was thinking the other day that after I finish my PhD that I might be able to fetch a pretty good rate for my essence. My wife didn't like the idea, though. I guess she figures I've done enough damage to the nation's gene pool by introducing our children to the world. She'd hate to have any more little Brians running around out there.
    In a manner of speaking. My X got several hundred dollars from me every month for a long time for it.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

From now on anything of my roommate's that ends up in my way will be immediately donated to the magical large plastic container outside.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

After watching Emmitt Smith on ESPN pre-game shows, I've come to determine that there is no way that he actually passed his English classes to be able to earn his degree. Man, I sure wish ESPN would get guys who know how to speak using correct grammar.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

There is a BIG difference between the Architecture world, and the Home building industry.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Getting back into the more programmatic, technical side of the software world has been a lot of fun. I forgot how much I enjoyed this stuff.

I've always said it's like being a movie director. The creativity and problem-solving involved with software development keeps my mind going 90-to-nothing, and I need that.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

You enjoy programming!!????

Man, you need to move out of your mom's basement and kiss a girl.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

I know. Crazy, huh?

I think I like it because of the carte blanche nature of my position. It's basically "Lum, we want this. Here's a bunch of money. Make it happen."

Now, if someone was looking over my shoulder, telling me what to do and how to do it, then yeah, that'd suck hard.

This is the kind of thing I can only admit on the internet. You can't exactly walk up to your buds at the bar and start going off on null pointer exceptions. Well, you CAN, but you're definitely going home alone.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    I know. Crazy, huh?

I think I like it because of the carte blanche nature of my position. It's basically "Lum, we want this. Here's a bunch of money. Make it happen."

Now, if someone was looking over my shoulder, telling me what to do and how to do it, then yeah, that'd suck hard.

This is the kind of thing I can only admit on the internet. You can't exactly walk up to your buds at the bar and start going off on null pointer exceptions. Well, you CAN, but you're definitely going home alone.
    What are you saying? You try to score your buds? And it sounds like you've had some success if you don't talk about null pointer exceptions.

Well, there was this one time, when I was a pledge...

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

I've been using programing and coding with Unix the last 3 years. All I can say is THANK GOD for WINDOWS. (Never used Linux)

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    I've been using programing and coding with Unix the last 3 years. All I can say is THANK GOD for WINDOWS. (Never used Linux)
    [cringe] I don't know what God you are praying to, but please don't speak such blasphemy to Jehovah. :icon_wink:

I can't believe you are saying this without even trying Linux. Linux is an ideal OS for most MS "power users." And if you already know Unix you will be ahead of the curve in learning your way around any Linux distro.

Anyway, if you want almost infinite customizability without spending a penny on software, then Linux is for you. If you think Bill Gates knows best what your desktop should look like and you like pouring more money into his bank account to be able to do only what he decides you should be able to do, by all means, stick with Windows.

There are, of course, problems with Linux. But, as Lum once stated on these threads, it's free so you really have nothing to lose. Ubuntu is a very mature, very newbie friendly distro, with an incredible supporting community if you want to give it a shot. It is very easy to set up a dual-boot system and play around. I did in May and haven't booted into Windows since July.

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    [cringe] I don't know what God you are praying to, but please don't speak such blasphemy to Jehovah. :icon_wink:

I can't believe you are saying this without even trying Linux. Linux is an ideal OS for most MS "power users." And if you already know Unix you will be ahead of the curve in learning your way around any Linux distro.

Anyway, if you want almost infinite customizability without spending a penny on software, then Linux is for you. If you think Bill Gates knows best what your desktop should look like and you like pouring more money into his bank account to be able to do only what he decides you should be able to do, by all means, stick with Windows.

There are, of course, problems with Linux. But, as Lum once stated on these threads, it's free so you really have nothing to lose. Ubuntu is a very mature, very newbie friendly distro, with an incredible supporting community if you want to give it a shot. It is very easy to set up a dual-boot system and play around. I did in May and haven't booted into Windows since July.
    You two need to watch your language. We have some very mature readers on this board and they don't need to be reading this and getting all confused.

LSU has opened as a 17 point favorite over MSU.

Doesn't that seem a little....low? Like, REALLY low?

Alta, help me out here. Why shouldn't I jump all over this?

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Cows are awesome. They make milk, steak, and Chickafila commercials out of nothing but some hay and water. How do they find time? I don't know, but they do and they deserve a moment of recognition.

Moo, cow, moo!

+ Reply to Thread