+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 170 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Comments That Don't Warrant A Thread

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Re: Comments That Don't Warrant A Thread

I just finished the Turkey Trot race which is a series of races including a 1mile, 5k, and 10k. I ran the 5k with several thousand people. There were 16,506 total participants and most of them ran in the 5k. There were so many participants in the 5k, I feel like I really ran a 10k because of all of the dodging around I had to do to pass people. They should do a stagger start with that many people. In fact, it took me 90 seconds to get TO the starting line from when the race started.

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    I just finished the Turkey Trot race which is a series of races including a 1mile, 5k, and 10k. I ran the 5k with several thousand people. There were 16,506 total participants and most of them ran in the 5k. There were so many participants in the 5k, I feel like I really ran a 10k because of all of the dodging around I had to do to pass people. They should do a stagger start with that many people. In fact, it took me 90 seconds to get TO the starting line from when the race started.
    You must not have run the race wearing the gorilla suit. A path would have been cleared for you and they would have started you at the head of the pack.

Congratulations on finishing.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Thanks and no, but there were some interesting sights at the turkey trot. Two women ran the 10k dressed like an indian and a pilgrim. Someone did run in a turkey suit. The winner of the odd sights to see while running was the 50 year old guy who had to weigh in around 250 wearing speedos, a turkey hat, and both nipples pierced.

The 10k winner ran in 33 minutes. The 5k winner finished in 15 minutes. Maybe I'm out of touch with reality, but I think those speeds are b-l-a-z-i-n-g.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Orgeron couldn't mess things up today by inexplicably changing QBs.

So what does he do to screw it up...Ole Miss up 14-0 and in complete control with about 10 minutes left? He goes for a 4th and 1 just short of midfield...the play gets stuffed and that sparks a 17-point 4th quarter Mississippi State rally to win 17-14.

Happy trails, Ed...you are the weakest link...goodbye.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    Orgeron couldn't mess things up today by inexplicably changing QBs.

So what does he do to screw it up...Ole Miss up 14-0 and in complete control with about 10 minutes left? He goes for a 4th and 1 just short of midfield...the play gets stuffed and that sparks a 17-point 4th quarter Mississippi State rally to win 17-14.

Happy trails, Ed...you are the weakest link...goodbye.
    Was great watching that though

Just as great watching Nebraska go down to Colorado (really love their stadium)

And despite all the hype, the Delaware/Delaware St game has been a bust

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

nice documentary on NBC right now about Grambling State and Eddie Robinson

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

N.D playing Stanford on ESPN. You have GOT to be kidding me!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

ESPN just moments ago reported, "we have BREAKING news on A-Rod." Be back right after these messages. . . .
    "Breaking" news means you break into routine radio news and say what the hell you have to "break."
    these kids and their news directors and station owners . . . .
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

"In life, there are no absolutes" is itself an absolute, which means the statement cannot possibly be true. I think we should rephrase the cliche to read something like "In life, the only absolute is the fact that there are no other absolutes except for this one, which says that there aren't any other absolutes."

Continuing, this cliche wages a war against most other cliches. Is a penny saved really a penny earned? Is a bird in hand really worth two in the bush? Can a stitch in time save nine? Most of the time the answer is probably yes, but not all of the time or there would be LOTS of absolutes in life and the cliche would read "In life, there are so many absolutes that you have to have a dozen grandmothers to know them all and half a dozen mothers to translate them."

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

"In life, there are no absolutes" is itself an absolute, which means the statement cannot possibly be true. I think we should rephrase the cliche to read something like "In life, the only absolute is the fact that there are no other absolutes except for this one, which says that there aren't any other absolutes."

Continuing, this cliche wages a war against most other cliches. Is a penny saved really a penny earned? Is a bird in hand really worth two in the bush? Can a stitch in time save nine? Most of the time the answer is probably yes, but not all of the time or there would be LOTS of absolutes in life and the cliche would read "In life, there are so many absolutes that you have to have a dozen grandmothers to know them all and half a dozen mothers to translate them."
    you sound like you would have been a welcome guest in cott 102 in my day. anyone who can put that much analysis into something so inconsequential certainly would have fit in. nerd. :icon_wink:

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    you sound like you would have been a welcome guest in cott 102 in my day. anyone who can put that much analysis into something so inconsequential certainly would have fit in. nerd. :icon_wink:
    Ahh, a fellow Cott Killa. Always nice to meet those that have had the pleasure of living in the best dorm on campus!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Feel better now?:icon_wink:

I think we need to get you a spot on Dr. Phil's couch.

BTW, I'm a former "resident" of Cottingham dorm myself. Of course, this was about 150 years ago.

HD

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    And as a matter of fact, 102 was the best room in the best dorm. Bob and I spent weeks arguing whether sausage was man's greatest invention.

I ate dinner at a BBQ place today. When I arrived, three guys were leaned up outside drinking beer and watching people. The inside was filthy and my drink was a can of coke from a fridge in the seating area. There was no parking. When I ordered, the guy yelled the order mixed with cuss words and a middle finger to the others who came in with him and gone to the back. The food came in a styrofoam box and when I said it was "for here," he tore a paper towel off the roll and handed it to me.

...But geez that was some incredible BBQ ribs and sausage. The place even sold sweet potato pie.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    And as a matter of fact, 102 was the best room in the best dorm. Bob and I spent weeks arguing whether sausage was man's greatest invention.
    You and Bob keep your sausages to yourselves.

+ Reply to Thread