+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 170 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2538

Thread: Comments That Don't Warrant A Thread

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: Comments That Don't Warrant A Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    I wonder how much I'd have to pay Tech for them to let me hook up a Wii to Dawgzilla and play games during the offseason?

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Why do we want to preserve the memory of rats? Somebody has created an experimental drug that preserves memory in rodents.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    Why do we want to preserve the memory of rats? Somebody has created an experimental drug that preserves memory in rodents.

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Watching Mythbusters tackle the idiom "When S*** hits the fan" with a vertical fan. Maybe I am over-thinking this but isn't the idiom usually referring to a level of S that is rising and eventually hits a ceiling fan?

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
    Watching Mythbusters tackle the idiom "When S*** hits the fan" with a vertical fan. Maybe I am over-thinking this but isn't the idiom usually referring to a level of S that is rising and eventually hits a ceiling fan?
    That was always my thinking. Someone heaving it upwards into a ceiling fan, spreading it around the room.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LATechBanjo View Post
    That was always my thinking. Someone heaving it upwards into a ceiling fan, spreading it around the room.
    I didn't think of it that way. I always pictured it hitting a fan and spreading all over the place. The writer of Naked Gun did too:

S**T HITTING THE FAN
    Last edited by Soonerdawg; 10-21-2010 at 11:01 AM.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    I didn't think of it that way. I always pictured it hitting a fan and spreading all over the place. The writer of Naked Gun did to:

S**T HITTING THE FAN

Yeah that's it except a higher speed fan and a semi fresh cow patty.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

I decided to change my avatar. So if you will go to the football page, there is a poll to allow everyone to vote on what my new one should be.

Also, i realize that this comment in-fact has warranted its own thread, however, I felt like posting it here for all subscribers to see.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Shak Lucas is going to be a very good dlineman before he's done here.

I really like our line with him, Hitt, IK, and Broha. Get Lacraig Brown in the mix next year with a healthy Jellybean.. look out.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

i predict the word "ginormous" will be in webster's before my youngest kid is old enough to look it up.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post
    Here's a completely random thread for any completely random thought that may come to mind. These are pretty popular around the Internet.

I'll start this off with an astute observation on the fact that I am, in fact, getting old:

I just literally told a bunch of kids to get off my lawn! Unfortunately, I didn't shake the fist, but I SHOULD have.
    this thread is over 3.5 years old. The first one is still funny.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    i predict the word "ginormous" will be in webster's before my youngest kid is old enough to look it up.
    "Lifestyle" is in there, so why the heck not include "ginormous."

Although, I struggle with the word "ginormous," as it shares a phoneme with "vagina." But, that actually accentuates the poeticism of "ginormous mangina," which is a surprisingly handy phrase.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

I'm gonna try to use that in a sentence today.

And with the Tenn/USC game on, i might even get to use it before lunch.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

1. Drove to the store to get a 9v battery.

2. Put the new battery in the electronic device and found that it was also dead.

3. Decided to read the instructions to the device (carbon monoxide detector) and learned that it makes the same "chirp" sound to warn that you are in danger of dying from Co poisoning as a typical smoke detector makes to let you know your battery is weak.

4. I opened the vent on the fireplace and now I have a spare 9v battery.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
    "The expression [the s*** hits the fan] is related to, and may well derive from, an old joke. A man in a crowded bar needed to defecate but couldn't find a bathroom, so he went upstairs and used a hole in the floor. Returning, he found everyone had gone except the bartender, who was cowering behind the bar. When the man asked what had happened, the bartender replied, 'Where were you when the s*** hit the fan?' [Hugh Rawson, "Wicked Words," 1989] "
    go to http://www.etymonline.com/ and search s***.

Link to Adam & Jamie testing the idiom (footage of the Cold Feet myth also included): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElsynQQNWLY

+ Reply to Thread