+ Reply to Thread
Page 115 of 170 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2541

Thread: Comments That Don't Warrant A Thread

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Re: Comments That Don't Warrant A Thread

I'm a geek. No doubt about it. So, I've just finished watching the first half of Doctor Who's Series 6 for about the 100th time. Anyway, in the first episode The Impossible Astronaut in the middle of Utah, there is a diner that has a LSU football helmet. I just caught it for the first time and all I could wonder was how did it get there? Pretty sad when they can even make it into something like Doctor Who.

Varsity Bulldog dodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    I'm a geek. No doubt about it. So, I've just finished watching the first half of Doctor Who's Series 6 for about the 100th time. Anyway, in the first episode The Impossible Astronaut in the middle of Utah, there is a diner that has a LSU football helmet. I just caught it for the first time and all I could wonder was how did it get there? Pretty sad when they can even make it into something like Doctor Who.
    I saw that as well. Kind of sad.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Matt's pre-game speech: "We're not going to argue ball, strike, fair, foul, out or safe. Those are judgment calls. I'm going to make them and you're going to live with them."
    True but that still won't stop me from declaring your incredible ability to suck. Sorry.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Because a local radio personality has been advertising Mellow Joy coffee I decided to try it. I've opened many a can or bag of Community, Folgers, Maxwell House, etc., but this Mellow Joy coffee had a HORRIBLE odor. My wife asked me where I had gotten that stinking mess. It was tolerable to drink, but the before brew odor is more than I can take.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Because a local radio personality has been advertising Mellow Joy coffee I decided to try it. I've opened many a can or bag of Community, Folgers, Maxwell House, etc., but this Mellow Joy coffee had a HORRIBLE odor. My wife asked me where I had gotten that stinking mess. It was tolerable to drink, but the before brew odor is more than I can take.
    I love Mellow Joy. You must have gotten a bad bag.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

no spoilers. i haven't started watching season 6 yet (just finished season 5).

the weeping angels may be the coolest (and creepiest) sci-fi invention ever.

Big Dog justincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the rough

saw ex-Tech player Houston Tuminello on E60 tonight. One of his high school friend's dad (who was the coach at Canton) got shot on the job. Good story

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    no spoilers. i haven't started watching season 6 yet (just finished season 5).

the weeping angels may be the coolest (and creepiest) sci-fi invention ever.
    LSU about spoils everything...

Yes, they are cool and creepy. But the Silence is worse, imo. The Angels don't kill, but the Silence does.

You really need to hurry and watch it - it only takes 6 hours, give or take a few minutes. The second half of the series 6 starts in 18 days!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I don't know if John Wayne really said this, but I like it...

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches it's more like a jar of Jalapenos-what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow..

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

LSU about spoils everything...

Yes, they are cool and creepy. But the Silence is worse, imo. The Angels don't kill, but the Silence does.

You really need to hurry and watch it - it only takes 6 hours, give or take a few minutes. The second half of the series 6 starts in 18 days!
    the angels DO kill in season 5, but that's not what makes them creepy. and the concept is cool enough to make physics nerds endure all of the impossible self-reference loops designed to make them cringe.

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

I've been having the same Angels vs. Silence debate lately. I like the Angels a lot, but the Silence are just flat out scary.

Can't wait for the new episodes. Crossing my fingers for the return of the Super Daleks.

There is a lot of debate among all Whovians about the Angels vs. Silence thing. Both would scare the hell out of me if they were real, so I really hold them on equal footing.

The Daleks should be returning, either as the "super" (rainbow) daleks or "traditional" daleks, for the 50th anniversary next series (I'm guessing). Moffat said he wanted to give them a rest because they have had their rear kicked a number of times since the rebooted series started:

Series 1

Dalek - one self-destruct
    The Parting of Ways - all killed by Rose

Series 2

Doomsday - all sucked into the void except 1

Series 3
    Evolution of the Daleks - 3 killed, 1 escape

Series 4
    Journey's End - all killed by the human Doctor

Series 5
    Victory of the Daleks - inferior ones killed, "super" (rainbow) Daleks leave
    The Big Bang - one is restored because of the Pandorica's light, then killed by River Song

Essentially, you can cause the mass genocide of the Daleks so many times before it just gets old and boring. But, it would absolutely stupid to not include them in the 50th anniversary.

I've never seen a single episode of this show. What's the general story?

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    I've never seen a single episode of this show. What's the general story?

I've only recently gotten into it, but here's what I've gathered:

The Doctor is of an humanoid/alien race called the Timelords. He skips around all of time and creation with a companion or companions in the TARDIS, a time machine that looks like a payphone booth on the outside, but is ridiculously huge on the inside. The Doctor and companion(s) basically go all through different periods of time to save worlds, civilizations, people (sometimes themselves), defeat enemies, and just go on really awesome adventures. I've likened it to Back To The Future meets Terminator meets Star Trek. The most recent reboot is funny as hell, great dialogue, normally spectacular writing, mostly good acting, sometimes scary, sometimes sad, and always thought-provoking.

Do a google image search for Karen Gillan, or Amy Pond (her character in the show). Only reason you really need to start watching.

+ Reply to Thread