+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 170 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Comments That Don't Warrant A Thread

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Re: Comments That Don't Warrant A Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    I was at the Super 1 in Ruston tonight (almost never go there) and they had Brookshire's grocery bags. Are they the same company?
    yep

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

I was at the Super 1 in Ruston tonight (almost never go there) and they had Brookshire's grocery bags. Are they the same company?
    Indeed they are! The Parent company is actually called "Brookshire Brothers", of which I have seen several here in houston. From I've been able to tell, Super 1 is to Brookshire's as Sam's Club is to Wal-Mart. (same company, cheaper prices)

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AG_jr View Post
    Indeed they are! The Parent company is actually called "Brookshire Brothers", of which I have seen several here in houston. From I've been able to tell, Super 1 is to Brookshire's as Sam's Club is to Wal-Mart. (same company, cheaper prices)
    Nice observation there speedy.

Why don't you point out Gap and Old Navy while you're at it??

:icon_wink:

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Nice observation there speedy.

Why don't you point out Gap and Old Navy while you're at it??

:icon_wink:
    I do what i can. Did you know IHOP and International House Of Pancakes are the same restaurant? :icon_wink:

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

There's a DocMarvin and Jangles joke here I'm sure.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, that's not true. Brookshire's and Brookshire Brothers are related family member run storesbut not the same company. A big family fallout years and years ago created a divide that split the brothers. One brother ran with one area of Texas while the other, based here in Tyler, did his thing. Brookshire's HQ is here in Tyler and is the biggest and most successful of the two.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Actually, that's not true. Brookshire's and Brookshire Brothers are related family member run storesbut not the same company. A big family fallout years and years ago created a divide that split the brothers. One brother ran with one area of Texas while the other, based here in Tyler, did his thing. Brookshire's HQ is here in Tyler and is the biggest and most successful of the two.
    Family businesses. :bigcry:

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

I do what i can. Did you know IHOP and International House Of Pancakes are the same restaurant? :icon_wink:
    I saw where IHOP is buying Applebees.
    Go Tech!

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Has anyone ever seen Donald Fagen of Steely Dan and Dr. Evil in the same room at the same time?

I haven't, but I'm guessing you have...

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

It's hilarious to watch how clueless politicians and their helpers are about technology!!! It's a simple fix, and they are acting like it's the end of the world!!! hahaha

I haven't, but I'm guessing you have...

No I saw a Classic Albums episode about the making of AJ'A and I swear Donald Fagen looked just like Dr. Evil with hair.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

There is a $20 charge for having a bag weigh more than 50lbs on an airplane. Passengers are limited to two free bags. So, each passenger is allowed 100lbs free to bring on the airplane. But, since I weigh 100lbs less than several of the passengers sitting on that very same flight, do they get charged more or am I allowed to bring heavier bags? Note, I'm not talking about fat people, but I only weigh 180lbs. There are lots of people who aren't "fat" that weigh much more than me.

Also, a lady on the plane flew with her infant. Does that infant count as a carry on? I think he should. I wouldn't want her carrying another bag, plus a personal item, plus the child.

And finally, that new "sniffer" located in airport security shouldn't just check for harmful chemicals, it should also check for smelly people. The dude I had to sit next to today had no business being around people in an enclosed space.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    There is a $20 charge for having a bag weigh more than 50lbs on an airplane. Passengers are limited to two free bags. So, each passenger is allowed 100lbs free to bring on the airplane. But, since I weigh 100lbs less than several of the passengers sitting on that very same flight, do they get charged more or am I allowed to bring heavier bags? Note, I'm not talking about fat people, but I only weigh 180lbs. There are lots of people who aren't "fat" that weigh much more than me.

Also, a lady on the plane flew with her infant. Does that infant count as a carry on? I think he should. I wouldn't want her carrying another bag, plus a personal item, plus the child.

And finally, that new "sniffer" located in airport security shouldn't just check for harmful chemicals, it should also check for smelly people. The dude I had to sit next to today had no business being around people in an enclosed space.
    The last time I flew with an infant I had to pay for him. The fee, though, was similar to the fee for excess luggage.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

The last time I flew with an infant I had to pay for him. The fee, though, was similar to the fee for excess luggage.
    Well, I don't have a problem with an infant flying. I would have a problem with someone trying to attend to an infant while carrying several other bags and going through the airport nonsense. Or maybe the nonsense is different when you have an infant, I dunno?

It seems to me that the best course of action is for people with infants to not travel and for everyone in the family to come visit YOU, but I do understand that's not always possible.

+ Reply to Thread