+ Reply to Thread
Page 153 of 170 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 2541

Thread: Comments That Don't Warrant A Thread

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Re: Comments That Don't Warrant A Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LEEDAWG View Post
    Who determined that the people from (or other things related to) the Philippines would be written as Filipino, not Philipino? And why is the national language of the Philippines called Pilipino, not Philipino?
    https://www.grammarphobia.com/blog/2...with-an-f.html

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Thanks. That settles that.

Big Dog olddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her game

I've always been curious as to why the citizens of The Netherlands / Holland are called the Dutch.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddawgfan View Post
    I've always been curious as to why the citizens of The Netherlands / Holland are called the Dutch.
    https://dutchreview.com/culture/hist...ve-the-answer/

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

how do you politely and respectfully tell someone their question is answered in the email they’re replying to? “just read the previous message, you idiot!” is probably not the best response to an important customer. but it feels passive aggressive to just repeat the same thing, and it seems a little bit patronizing to explain something that seems self explanatory.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    how do you politely and respectfully tell someone their question is answered in the email they’re replying to? “just read the previous message, you idiot!” is probably not the best response to an important customer. but it feels passive aggressive to just repeat the same thing, and it seems a little bit patronizing to explain something that seems self explanatory.
    IMO texting dependence has caused this. We (me included) don't always read email replies thoroughly. I sometimes read what I expect or want to hear rather than what it actually says.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

In appraisal work, we often times have clients who only care about the bottom line, so they skip the details. Then they email us back and ask, “did you do this, see this, or require this?” We simply refer to the page in the report and sometimes copy and paste the beginning of a paragraph so they know exactly where to find it. It is difficult to hold back when you really want to say, “read the report and get back to me.”

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

You can play dumb.

"Oh, I thought I included that in my last email, but it's X, Y, and Z."

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    You can play dumb.

"Oh, I thought I included that in my last email, but it's X, Y, and Z."
    I have used that one in the past. Not sure if it would work that well in this case. It would help if i could read their mind. Did they just miss it, or do they not understand that the information there is the exact answer to their question?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    In appraisal work, we often times have clients who only care about the bottom line, so they skip the details. Then they email us back and ask, “did you do this, see this, or require this?” We simply refer to the page in the report and sometimes copy and paste the beginning of a paragraph so they know exactly where to find it. It is difficult to hold back when you really want to say, “read the report and get back to me.”
    Most industries --including the Appraisal industry-- bring much of this on themselves by including far more detailed info --to cover their azz-- than is really necessary. Remember, in most cases, the decision to buy the home has already been made by the time the Appraisal guy walks in. The reality is, most people don't want to waste valuable time reading all the impertinent details of most appraisal reports. My wife is like this. Just give her the square footage, the local comp info and the estimated value, and then get out of her way. LOL! On the other hand, I'm a little more detail oriented than most.

But, for goodness sake, telling me that I need to replace the rubber grommets on the water heater before buying this house because the "industry standard" has changed since the home was built in 2014.....well, it's ridiculous. (As a purchaser of several homes, I've run into things like this many times over.) And then somebody like you wonders why a customer didn't read that! HAHA!

Granted, many appraisal reports are written differently, but many are "CYA" documents, and have far more info about the small things than needed.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

HD, most often, the bank is the client. Even if it’s for a mortgaged property, the homeowner or home buyer is not the client. I am more referring to all the federally mandated mumbo jumbo. On VA, USDA, or FHA financing all those pesky details are what they request. Is all the wiring in the attic run in conduit? Does every light switch have a plate cover? Are all receptacles close to water supply GFIC? Then there are the disclosure about appraisers not being structural engineers, health inspectors, plumbers, or electricians. It is insane

"Per my previous email", then copy paste the text.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Facebook seems determined to facebook Instagram. Since they took over it's just one awful "upgrade" after another.

I don't always like change.
    I know there is a (probably largely true) theory that users are always change averse. But sometimes updates are bad. Just indefensibly bad. I get it when it's bad because it's just bad for users but good for the bottom line, but often that doesn't even seem to be a goal.

My current "get off my lawn" issue is with Spotify, an app I like and use A LOT. I've avoided the mobile update by turning them off, and I really don't mind most of the desktop changes (they got so much negative feedback on both during testing but just rolled them out anyway). But some of this stuff is just so stupid. Why would they think people would want things arranged like this?

I think UX/UI must be a really challenging field. How do you ever know if users hate your changes for legitimate reasons versus just the normal human dislike for change?

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    "Per my previous email", then copy paste the text.
    too passive aggressive for me when dealing with a customer. boss, maybe. customer, no.

Dr. Pepper Zero Sugar's taste is pretty close to regular Dr. Pepper. None of the other "no sugar" coke/soda/pop/soft drink come close to their counterparts.

+ Reply to Thread