+ Reply to Thread
Page 163 of 170 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 2538

Thread: Comments That Don't Warrant A Thread

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Re: Comments That Don't Warrant A Thread

Quote Originally Posted by OLDBLUE View Post
    Well, to make you feel better, aren’t you happy about your state income tax?
    Actually, no, for me, another Texas resident. Rising property values are making property taxes outrageous. A state income tax along the line of Louisiana's would cost me a lot less than the property taxes do. Of course, I know that if Texas ever went to aan income tax they'd keep the property taxes too--so I'm not really arguing for a change. Just annoyed that the "no income tax" stand created a crappy tax system.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    Actually, no, for me, another Texas resident. Rising property values are making property taxes outrageous. A state income tax along the line of Louisiana's would cost me a lot less than the property taxes do. Of course, I know that if Texas ever went to aan income tax they'd keep the property taxes too--so I'm not really arguing for a change. Just annoyed that the "no income tax" stand created a crappy tax system.
    I was less successful in my appeal than the last time.

But everyone I know does have stories of crazy amounts for as-is, inspection waived, cash in hand sales.

The market is just crazy.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I was less successful in my appeal than the last time.

But everyone I know does have stories of crazy amounts for as-is, inspection waived, cash in hand sales.

The market is just crazy.
    Yep, I didn't even try to argue with my assessment because even though it was a lot more than I paid for the house, it was still a lot less than the offers I get in the mail almost every week. Not to mention the house down the street that needed a new roof and significant inside work and was 500 sq. feet smaller than my house -- that just went for more than my assessment. For now, I'm just trying to keep a low profile.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    Yep, I didn't even try to argue with my assessment because even though it was a lot more than I paid for the house, it was still a lot less than the offers I get in the mail almost every week. Not to mention the house down the street that needed a new roof and significant inside work and was 500 sq. feet smaller than my house -- that just went for more than my assessment. For now, I'm just trying to keep a low profile.
    In Tarrant County they overshoot so much (in normal times) that you can always get a couple of percentages down just through the online instant appeal.

And a little more with the informal in person.

I may give up on the formal appeals for a while but it's always worth taking a shot on the others.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Arch Manning picks Texas.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Arch Manning picks Texas.
    He picked a school he wouldn't mind portaling away from!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

David Cutcliffe - the Manning QB whisperer is on staff

As long as he is with Sark - Arch will be there

It's all about getting him prepared for the League, not NIL or anything else
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    David Cutcliffe - the Manning QB whisperer is on staff

As long as he is with Sark - Arch will be there

It's all about getting him prepared for the League, not NIL or anything else
    I thought Cutcliffe was the football zhar for the SEC, at least that's what I heard Greg Sankey say on Sirius XM a ouple of weeks ago.

I do agree that obviously the Mannings only concern is getting Arch NFL ready. If he lives up to the hype and stays healthy he will make more in the NFL than Eli and Peyton combined.

Is there anything more fun than embarrassing your kids (via non-embarrassing stuff that they just think is embarrassing - I'm not talking about truly bringing shame upon the family name by wearing an lsu shirt or something actually awful like that).
    12 year old (daughter) is hosting a sleepover tonight. The boys abandoned me to stay with Grandparents (good to know the survival instincts are strong there). But if I don't get a half dozen good eye rolls, I'll have failed as a parent, right? Time to flex those "dad joke" muscles that I've been exercising for years now.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Why do banks ask an appraiser to use listings in their comparative analysis in addition to sales? Do they not know that the market is based on what people are willing to pay instead of what a seller is asking? Are they trying to inflate the market?

Varsity Bulldog DawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Why do banks ask an appraiser to use listings in their comparative analysis in addition to sales? Do they not know that the market is based on what people are willing to pay instead of what a seller is asking? Are they trying to inflate the market?
    Sometimes it’s possible that listing(s) may set the upper limit if similar/comparable properties are available for a lower price.

So yesterday I decided to try selling some books to Half Price Books. I know they don't offer much, but I had some solid books in a group that was pretty large (over 50 books). I had one set of about six paperbacks that each had $10 price tags. Meaning a normal book exchange used book store would give $2.50 per book--about $15--in store credit. HPB does have the advantage of paying cash. And my wife is wanting to get rid of books, so I decided to try.

They offered me $5 for the whole set. That's 10 cents a book (for any humanities majors in the crowd). I don't know why anyone sells to them. I'd put them all out on the street and say take what you want before I'd do that. Just ludicrously out of whack.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

The National Museum of the U.S. Army is a nice little museum to visit if looking for things to do around DC. It’s an excursion though since by Fort Belvoir and could take a few hours to see/read everything.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Is there anything more fun than embarrassing your kids (via non-embarrassing stuff that they just think is embarrassing - I'm not talking about truly bringing shame upon the family name by wearing an lsu shirt or something actually awful like that).
    12 year old (daughter) is hosting a sleepover tonight. The boys abandoned me to stay with Grandparents (good to know the survival instincts are strong there). But if I don't get a half dozen good eye rolls, I'll have failed as a parent, right? Time to flex those "dad joke" muscles that I've been exercising for years now.
    speaking of dad jokes, my youngest is the only member of the family who still appreciates mine. i was in the popeye's drive-thru with her today, and we had to pull around and park to wait for the fries. we joked about how "louisiana fast" must be kinda like the opposite of a "new york minute" (not really very fast). then she made a joke that made my heart swell with pride. she said you know new york is fast because they're always an hour ahead of us.

her mom will not be happy to learn that she has inherited the genes for that kind of humor...

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

We just sold our home in Frisco. After 32 years here we are moving back to Lincoln Parish on family land. We will save 800.00 + monthly in property taxes alone. Tired of traffic. Looking forward to getting season tickets for football and attending more MBB and baseball games in the future.

+ Reply to Thread