+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 170 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Comments That Don't Warrant A Thread

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: Comments That Don't Warrant A Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    I just missed a baseball game because I had to replace my hot water heater.

If the water is hot, why do you need to heat it?
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    To keep it hot, of course. Otherwise it would get cold.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    To keep it hot, of course. Otherwise it would get cold.

Good answer.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

SNL is great for late nights of insomnia...

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

When I went to bed last night the weather forcast on http://www.weather.com/ said rain and T-storms from sunup to sundown, so I abandoned my golf plans and didn't set my clock. And then this morning I was awaken by a piercing ray of sunlight burning through a microscopic gap in the window shade - not a single cloud in the sky.

Is there any other job in the world where a person can be so wrong so often and ruin so many well-laid plans and still keep their job??????????????????

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    When I went to bed last night the weather forcast on http://www.weather.com/ said rain and T-storms from sunup to sundown, so I abandoned my golf plans and didn't set my clock. And then this morning I was awaken by a piercing ray of sunlight burning through a microscopic gap in the window shade - not a single cloud in the sky.

Is there any other job in the world where a person can be so wrong so often and ruin so many well-laid plans and still keep their job??????????????????

Yes - politicians.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-La View Post
    Yes - politicians.
    Oh yea Rus - I forgot about them!

I hope you are doing well over there.

Oh yea Rus - I forgot about them!

I hope you are doing well over there.
    Everything is good. Just hot. Really hot.

Everything is good. Just hot. Really hot.
    But is it a dry heat?

I was in Phoenix last summer and I commented to someone that it was much hotter than I was used to back in Louisiana, and they said, "but it's a dry heat", like that somehow made 117 much better than 92. This guy I was talking to had crystallized salt on his forehead - really, actual visble white salt right up there on his head. I can't remember ever having to chip mineral crystals off of my head in Louisiana even at over 100 degrees.

Stay cool man

But is it a dry heat?

I was in Phoenix last summer and I commented to someone that it was much hotter than I was used to back in Louisiana, and they said, "but it's a dry heat", like that somehow made 117 much better than 92. This guy I was talking to had crystallized salt on his forehead - really, actual visble white salt right up there on his head. I can't remember ever having to chip mineral crystals off of my head in Louisiana even at over 100 degrees.

Stay cool man
    Yes, very dry heat. That, combined with the sun beating down cosntantly, is what makes it hot. Otherwise, to me, it really isn't that bad. I'm one of the most "out of shape" people here, but I'm not near effected by it all as most around me are.

Luckily, that's only happened to some uniforms or parts of. Been mostly our patrol caps.

I'm lucky to have a job that keeps me inside, for the most part. They love sending me out to get things, not to mention doing PT when the sun is directly overhead in the middle of the day.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Yes, very dry heat. That, combined with the sun beating down cosntantly, is what makes it hot. Otherwise, to me, it really isn't that bad. I'm one of the most "out of shape" people here, but I'm not near effected by it all as most around me are.

Luckily, that's only happened to some uniforms or parts of. Been mostly our patrol caps.

I'm lucky to have a job that keeps me inside, for the most part. They love sending me out to get things, not to mention doing PT when the sun is directly overhead in the middle of the day.
    Dry heat is also terrible on engines. Humid air pulls heat off the radiator much more efficiently.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Dry heat is also terrible on engines. Humid air pulls heat off the radiator much more efficiently.
    Yep, something our motor pool learned quickly and KBR has become pros about. HMWVVs totally sucks here.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

I do not believe in negotiating with terrorists or physics!

AIRWOLF!

...enough said.

+ Reply to Thread