+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rike ranked the 184th player

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Rike ranked the 184th player

in upcoming Draft for June.

184. Brian Rike...Stayed among nation's HR leaders most of season for Bulldogs

No other Dawg in Top 200 (they only ranked Top 200)

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Rike ranked the 184th player

Somewhere around 5th to 7th round -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

What's the signing bonus for a 6th rounder?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    What's the signing bonus for a 6th rounder?
    Not much. I don't think it will be enough to lure him away.

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Not much. I don't think it will be enough to lure him away.
    I was wondering about that. Marty - can you shed some light on this? 5th to 7th round doesn't seem that good to me.
    Go Tech!

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

A 3rd round pick gets a signing bonus of about $400,000 +- (minus 31% taxes). A 10th round pick gets about $10,000. I'd say 5th to 7th round money would be between $50,000 and $150,000 minus 31% taxes. Rike needs to go in the first 4 rounds to take the offer. He has enough talent to improve his draft status nex't season.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by falcon View Post
    A 3rd round pick gets a signing bonus of about $400,000 +- (minus 31% taxes). A 10th round pick gets about $10,000. I'd say 5th to 7th round money would be between $50,000 and $150,000 minus 31% taxes. Rike needs to go in the first 4 rounds to take the offer. He has enough talent to improve his draft status nex't season.
    Thanks, it all depends whether he wants to get his pro career going and whether playing next year at Tech or in the Pros advances his chances of getting to the majors.

Bulldog geek34 has turned a few heads around heregeek34 has turned a few heads around heregeek34 has turned a few heads around here geek34's Avatar

I would think with Rike being a junior he would be gone. There is no leverage with signing bonuses as a senior.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaDawg View Post
    I was wondering about that. Marty - can you shed some light on this? 5th to 7th round doesn't seem that good to me.
    This is JUST my $0.02, but if he is 4th round or higher I think he goes. 5th - 6th round he may or may not. 7th or higher he probably stays. With the way he tired or slumped in the Slugging / Run producing area, his draft status has cooled a bit. Let's just hope our team plays well this week led by Rike and a big WAC tourney for him.

+ Reply to Thread