+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: They are doing a good job

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: They are doing a good job

Can someone tell me why Jericho Jones has not been in the pitching rotation instead of Burnett? Wasn't it Jones that beat Arkansas?

Bulldog littledawg50 is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Can someone tell me why Jericho Jones has not been in the pitching rotation instead of Burnett? Wasn't it Jones that beat Arkansas?
    Yes, he pitched 5 innings and Bhud threw the final 4 innings. He was hurt earlier in the year and might not be fully recovered. Hopefully he will get to pitch this weekend but we have some work to do. I would think Mosely will start today with everyone ready for relief. I still think JJ's future is pitching.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    You, my friend, are an idiot. Who do you suggest he should have started? Burnett, a possible future 1st rounder, sounds pretty smart to me. He has been their #1. Don't you start your #1 the first game of the tourny? He didn't have it last night, obviously, but don't blame Sim for that.
    As a wise man once told me, you may want to be careful throwing that insult around. He didn't say anything bad about STARTING luke, but rather said he left him in too long, which I doubt anybody could refute. If Luke hadn't found a rhythm by the end of 3, Sim should have warmed up a bullpen, if he still didn't have it by 4, you take him out.

Puppy Smallballrules isn't thought very highly of around hereSmallballrules isn't thought very highly of around hereSmallballrules isn't thought very highly of around hereSmallballrules isn't thought very highly of around hereSmallballrules isn't thought very highly of around here

this game was lost when he started Burnett...sorry!!!but, he hasn't had it in a few games...neither has Ruppert or Mosley...he has how many pitchers on this team and he only pitches 3 and gets us in a bind and then starts putting in more!!! i was embarrased just by listening to it on the radio..amagine how they feel in Reno with Tech shirts on...i support tech baseball, but this tournament is not how i expected them to go out!!

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smallballrules View Post
    this game was lost when he started Burnett...sorry!!!but, he hasn't had it in a few games...neither has Ruppert or Mosley...he has how many pitchers on this team and he only pitches 3 and gets us in a bind and then starts putting in more!!! i was embarrased just by listening to it on the radio..amagine how they feel in Reno with Tech shirts on...i support tech baseball, but this tournament is not how i expected them to go out!!
    That's easy to say now, but it could have just as easily happened to ANY pitcher on our roster. That's why I said give 'em 3, warm up your bullpen, and if they don't have it by 4, sit 'em down. He may have a lot of pitchers, but many of them don't have: 1) the CAPACITY to pitch a full game (i.e., closers and relievers) or 2) the EXPERIENCE to pitch in a high stakes game like this.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AG_jr View Post
    As a wise man once told me, you may want to be careful throwing that insult around. He didn't say anything bad about STARTING luke, but rather said he left him in too long, which I doubt anybody could refute. If Luke hadn't found a rhythm by the end of 3, Sim should have warmed up a bullpen, if he still didn't have it by 4, you take him out.
    Well AG jr, maybe you should apply for the head job when Tech is stupid enough to let Sim get away. You seem to know all the answers. I'm sure Falcon is no idiot, but it pisses me off when people come on here and question everything Sim does. He's the best thing Tech's got going right now. If Moseley or Rupert had started and gotten shelled, everyone would be crying b/c we didn't start Luke. Exactly who do you suggest he should have brought in when Luke was in trouble? Another guy that may have to start one game? Baseball is the worst sport as far as questioning the coach goes b/c everyone has coached Little League and thinks they know all there is to know about the game. Do you honestly think Sim was trying to lose the game? I'm pretty sure he was doing what he thought was best for the team.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

So who should've started? He only pitches three b/c they are the 3 conference starters.

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    Well AG jr, maybe you should apply for the head job when Tech is stupid enough to let Sim get away. You seem to know all the answers. I'm sure Falcon is no idiot, but it pisses me off when people come on here and question everything Sim does. He's the best thing Tech's got going right now. If Moseley or Rupert had started and gotten shelled, everyone would be crying b/c we didn't start Luke. Exactly who do you suggest he should have brought in when Luke was in trouble? Another guy that may have to start one game? Baseball is the worst sport as far as questioning the coach goes b/c everyone has coached Little League and thinks they know all there is to know about the game. Do you honestly think Sim was trying to lose the game? I'm pretty sure he was doing what he thought was best for the team.
    I never in any way, shape, or form said I know all the answers (just most :icon_wink: ). I agree Sim and the Team is the best thing TECH has going for it right now, but that doesn't mean I can't have my own opinion about what should have been done. As far as who to bring in, bring in ANYBODY that wants to find the strike zone. Nobody is claiming Sim was trying to lose the game, that's just ludicrous. Of course he was doing what he thought was best, and we were merely stating what may have actually BEEN best. I think everyone here can agree Sim is a diamond in the rough for us, but there is nothing wrong with questioning what a coach does. You may want to untwist your panties, bud.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Unfortunately NONE of our pitchers have had a good past month -

NO ONE....

Luke is the most TALENTED pitcher we have -

Mosely has been the most consistent -

Rupert - Tech has only lost ONCE in his last 8 starts -

You have to dance with who got you there - he has to throw Luke right out the gate, because when he is on he is overpowering - the only fault is he left him in a little too long -

There is a reason Sim has recruited pitchers so hard this class - we are still in adequate in that department -
    Last edited by Dwayne From Minden; 05-25-2007 at 03:30 PM.
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Unfortunately NONE of our pictures have had a good past month

Luke is the most TALENTED picture we have
    No kidding, None of my yearbook pictures turned out too well :icon_wink: and I agree about Luke, he is VERY photogenic :icon_wink:

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Someof them were POURING gasoline on the fire -

But wait that's a PITCHER also -

I usually give grammar police red dots....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Someof them were POURING gasoline on the fire -

But wait that's a PITCHER also -

I usually give grammar police red dots....
    aww, c'mon Dwayne, you know I was just pickin' with ya! :icon_wink:

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

The highlighted sentences are pretty idiotic statements.

We lost the game as soon as Luke took the mound?!?!

If you or any other fans are embarrassed to wear a TECH shirt, then by all means, don't wear one fair-weather fan.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Sad end to a wonderful season. Let's do what we can to help them be ready for next season.

+ Reply to Thread