+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Evolution

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Re: Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by exit84 View Post
    Fish and fowl were created on Day 5 of creation.
    Land animals were created on Day 6 of creation.
    So the answer to your questions is no, but almost.
    as much as i respect a literalist approach to this topic, that is not the context in which i asked the question.

if you want to know my opinion on how the narrative of genesis is both completely true and yet not literal, we can talk about that perhaps on another thread (or perhaps here...i just hate to hijack). for now believe me when i say that a non-literalist view of the creation narrative takes absolutely nothing away from the infallibity, veracity, or power of God's word.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    This whole evolution thing is so simple scientifically that even a caveman could figure it out.
    right and that is why thousands of trained scientists have yet to completely iron out the wrinkles. you hurt your side of the arguement by not admitting its shortcomings.

Big Dog exit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really nice exit84's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    When were dolphins and whales created then? What about insects? What about amphibians?
    All creatures you mentioned were created on the same two days.

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    When were dolphins and whales created then? What about insects? What about amphibians?
    ...or monotremes for that matter?

how do you reconcile that belief with the present scientific evidence (i.e. 'old earth') coupled with the fact that most ancient hebrew literature is highly symbolic?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sik-m-boi View Post
    ...most ancient hebrew literature is highly symbolic?
    Personally, I believe it could certainly be symbolic...but, nothing in the original language suggests that.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Personally, I believe it could certainly be symbolic...but, nothing in the original language suggests that.
    it is not he language that would necessarily have to suggest it. the fact that it was written by jews at the time that it was written is enough to lend support to it being symbolic (and when i say symbolic that is not to mean that i believe it necessarily to be an allegorical tale...just thought i'd clarify).

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

it is not he language that would necessarily have to suggest it. the fact that it was written by jews at the time that it was written is enough to lend support to it being symbolic (and when i say symbolic that is not to mean that i believe it necessarily to be an allegorical tale...just thought i'd clarify).
    No, I understand. And, I've not taken Hebrew yet...just what I've heard about the syntax of that particular portion of scripture.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Which ones on which days?
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

No, I understand. And, I've not taken Hebrew yet...just what I've heard about the syntax of that particular portion of scripture.
    are you 'young earth?' just curious...i promise not to judge you.

are you 'young earth?' just curious...i promise not to judge you.
    I'm a fence rider(read, not educated enough on the two theories to properly accept one or the other). I could see both as totally possible and totally consistant with the nature of God.

I'm a fence rider(read, not educated enough on the two theories to properly accept one or the other). I could see both as totally possible and totally consistant with the nature of God.
    can you see young earth as consistant with your knowledge regarding science? and if so, how?

can you see young earth as consistant with your knowledge regarding science? and if so, how?
    THEarmada has the book that I need to refer to right here. He'll either chime in or I'll have to get it from him (maybe I'll buy a copy myself).

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Fish and fowl were created on Day 5 of creation.
    Land animals were created on Day 6 of creation.
    So the answer to your questions is no, but almost.
    Well at least a straight answer for a change.

You agree with this Johnny?

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    You agree with this Johnny?
    Essentially, the question is what the term "day" means. All throughout scripture we see evidence that a day doesn't always mean a 24-hour period.

Oh, and I think switching the conversation to religion is a wise idea for you...then you can fall back on your talking points about how religious people are idiots. Don't think I haven't noticed that you refuse to discuss the holes that have been pointed out. Is it because your unwilling or unable? My guess is the latter.
    Last edited by johnnylightnin; 05-29-2007 at 04:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread