+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A successful season

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

A successful season

Winning record in WAC play....2nd straight overall winning season. Another step in the right direction for the program.

Coach Sim just needs to keep on building it.

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Baseball Re: A successful season

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Winning record in WAC play....2nd straight overall winning season. Another step in the right direction for the program.

Since we are not going to regionals we really can't consider this a successful season, but it did give us a glimmer of hope to get to regionals nex't year.We are returning Goulder,Bunting,K. Winn,Grunenwald,Kersten,Jericho,Cobb,PT,Combs,Mose ley,& Burnett. That's the starting nine plus two starting pitchers. Hopefully most of these guys will play summer ball, and come back in the fall improved and "hungry" for bigger & better" things to come. In my mind, Moseley was the only starting pitcher who I felt confident that when he started a game, we had a great shot at winning this year.Let's hope big Luke will become a control pitcher and not just a "rear back and throw,let's see if you can hit this heat" pitcher.Strike outs are great, but i'll take wins over strikeouts.It would be awesome if Luke returns with perfomances that give the team the confidence that when he takes the mound,he will put us in a position to win.Luke has the raw talent and he can do it. Our two middle relief guys are gone ( Hudson & Alsup),so we have a huge gap to fill there. Lorio has shown that he can be the closer.It would be awesome to have Rike back nex't season, but I think he's about to "go live the dream" and you can't blame him for that. Most of these guys have been playing since T-ball at age 5 and have been looking forward to draft day for a long time. Good luck Brian ! Also, good luck to Dennis Winn who may also get drafted on June 7th or 8th.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Re: A successful season

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

I agree Dawg80. Even though I am disappointed in the showing in the WAC tourney, the above facts are very indicative of a program being built.

Thanks for a good season and best of luck to the Dawgs on a great seaon in 2008.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Looking forward to seeing all of these young stud pitchers coming into the program! Superior pitching and fielding will get us to the next level.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by falcon View Post
    Since we are not going to regionals we really can't consider this a successful season, but it did give us a glimmer of hope to get to regionals nex't year.We are returning Goulder,Bunting,K. Winn,Grunenwald,Kersten,Jericho,Cobb,PT,Combs,Mose ley,& Burnett. That's the starting nine plus two starting pitchers. Hopefully most of these guys will play summer ball, and come back in the fall improved and "hungry" for bigger & better" things to come. In my mind, Moseley was the only starting pitcher who I felt confident that when he started a game, we had a great shot at winning this year.Let's hope big Luke will become a control pitcher and not just a "rear back and throw,let's see if you can hit this heat" pitcher.Strike outs are great, but i'll take wins over strikeouts.It would be awesome if Luke returns with perfomances that give the team the confidence that when he takes the mound,he will put us in a position to win.Luke has the raw talent and he can do it. Our two middle relief guys are gone ( Hudson & Alsup),so we have a huge gap to fill there. Lorio has shown that he can be the closer.It would be awesome to have Rike back nex't season, but I think he's about to "go live the dream" and you can't blame him for that. Most of these guys have been playing since T-ball at age 5 and have been looking forward to draft day for a long time. Good luck Brian ! Also, good luck to Dennis Winn who may also get drafted on June 7th or 8th.
    The above in red is also how I felt. I feel that Luke has the ability to be a #1 but just didn't have it consistently this year. Maybe Lorio may step up and be a starter. Luke, Moseley, and Lorio as the starters, that is pretty stout. Moseley gave us a chance to win in almost every start he made.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post
    I agree Dawg80. Even though I am disappointed in the showing in the WAC tourney, the above facts are very indicative of a program being built.

Thanks for a good season and best of luck to the Dawgs on a great seaon in 2008.
    Martie,

I agree. The foundation is built for a program. I feel that we have that now. A regional was the goal this year. Since we didn't make it this year, maybe we will make it next year w/ also a super regional. The future is VERY BRIGHT for Tech baseball. If Rike does come back, and Jerricho has a good year, and C Jones come back, we will be a force to be reckoned with.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Puppy KDawg is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Martie,

I agree. The foundation is built for a program. I feel that we have that now. A regional was the goal this year. Since we didn't make it this year, maybe we will make it next year w/ also a super regional. The future is VERY BRIGHT for Tech baseball. If Rike does come back, and Jerricho has a good year, and C Jones come back, we will be a force to be reckoned with.
    Rike is gone, IMO, would be shocked if C Jones is able to come back, hopefully Jericho can get his stroke back. I think we will be a force even if those things don't happen. Look at our line-up, we have some very talented players coming back. Sim will have to play "small ball" but thats o.k., with our speed we're better suited for that style. As always pitching will be the key, would love to get a stud juco pitcher but this late thats unlikely. Honestly, I haven't heard much about the pitchers coming in but hopefully a few can help. We've got some good arms coming back, just hope they can turn into pitchers. I think one of the problems this year was we never settled on a line-up, we were still experimenting even in the tourney. Having the tourney at Ruston is great, winning it would be awesome.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

The season kept my attention!

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KDawg View Post
    Rike is gone, IMO, would be shocked if C Jones is able to come back, hopefully Jericho can get his stroke back. I think we will be a force even if those things don't happen. Look at our line-up, we have some very talented players coming back. Sim will have to play "small ball" but thats o.k., with our speed we're better suited for that style. As always pitching will be the key, would love to get a stud juco pitcher but this late thats unlikely. Honestly, I haven't heard much about the pitchers coming in but hopefully a few can help. We've got some good arms coming back, just hope they can turn into pitchers. I think one of the problems this year was we never settled on a line-up, we were still experimenting even in the tourney. Having the tourney at Ruston is great, winning it would be awesome.
    I totally agree with your comments, KDawg. We will be suited for mixing in some small ball nex't season. I think all 9 hitters should be able to lay down a good bunt when called on.We need some expert coaching on how to get a good lead on the bases,a secondary lead, and a good jump to the nex't base.Putting pressure on the pitcher & the defense is so important.......exhibit A....Augie Garrido and his Texas Long Horns......he is a master of manufacturing runs through small ball.He has plenty of power hitters, but will call on them to lay down a bunt when this situation presents itself. Although we ended the season with 2 losses, I am proud of the way the team played against Fresno. They played well in all aspects of the game and who knows, if that rocket that Jericho hit with 2 outs and the bases loaded wasn't right at the shortstops glove......we would probably still be playing in the tournament. Baseball is truly a game of inches. I'm proud of all the players that contributed this year.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Coach Sim said himself he would judge the season on how we came out and played in the WAC tourney so the season was a dissapointment.im frustrated because I picked Tech to win the WAC in the preseason media poll(AND i'm about as far from a homer you will find). I do think that Sim is building something special and we will see the fruits of the labor next year. IF we are not WAC Champs next year we got some serious issues.

Bulldog pickoff is an unknown

Falcon, I think you are forgetting another pitcher. give him credit when credit is due. Looked like Coach Sim went to him in key situations down the stretch this year.

Baseball Re: A successful season

Quote Originally Posted by pickoff View Post
    Falcon, I think you are forgetting another pitcher. give him credit when credit is due. Looked like Coach Sim went to him in key situations down the stretch this year.
    Sorry, who did I leave out,pickoff?

Quote Originally Posted by pickoff View Post
    Sorry, I guess I was having a senior moment......Andrew Lassere turned his fortunes around this season by bringing his pitching delivery arm angle to 3/4. I really think it helped his control and it made it harder on the batters to pick up his pitches.He will definately fit into Sim's pitching plans nex't season. I don't know if Andrew plays summer ball but I think it would really help him continue making big strides if he pitched in a good wood bat summer league.I hope the rest of the pitching staff does the same this summer ( Braud,Knotts,Casey Jones,Helms,Bradshaw) I think Lorio will pitch for an east coast summer league,and Luke & Jericho will play in the Cape Cod league.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    Coach Sim said himself he would judge the season on how we came out and played in the WAC tourney so the season was a dissapointment.im frustrated because I picked Tech to win the WAC in the preseason media poll(AND i'm about as far from a homer you will find). I do think that Sim is building something special and we will see the fruits of the labor next year. IF we are not WAC Champs next year we got some serious issues.

I really don't think our chances of winning the conference consistently will ever be good, as long as we're in the WAC. Strictly b/c of the travel situation, we are put at a huge disadvantage. It takes its toll on a team. That's not an excuse, that's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    I really don't think our chances of winning the conference consistently will ever be good, as long as we're in the WAC. Strictly b/c of the travel situation, we are put at a huge disadvantage. It takes its toll on a team. That's not an excuse, that's a fact.
    Absolutely.......the travel has a huge negative effect,especially because they have to go on 12 day road trips. They have to do it that way to save tons of money. It's a miracle these players can pass a class after missing 25 days on the road in one quarter. ( 3 games were scheduled to play during finals week,after getting back at 6:30 am on a monday,after a 12 day road trip)

+ Reply to Thread