+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A sad loss to La. Tech

Puppy vidaliadawg is on top of his/her gamevidaliadawg is on top of his/her gamevidaliadawg is on top of his/her gamevidaliadawg is on top of his/her gamevidaliadawg is on top of his/her gamevidaliadawg is on top of his/her gamevidaliadawg is on top of his/her gamevidaliadawg is on top of his/her gamevidaliadawg is on top of his/her gamevidaliadawg is on top of his/her gamevidaliadawg is on top of his/her game vidaliadawg's Avatar

A sad loss to La. Tech

Courtney Scott McGuffee

July 14, 1985 - May 23, 2007

HARRISONBURG - Services for Courtney Scott McGuffee, 21, of Harrisonburg, will be 2 p.m. today at Harrisonburg First Baptist Church with Bro. Reed Terry officiating.

Burial will follow at Heard Cemetery, in Manifest, under the direction of Young's Funeral Home, Jonesville.

Courtney was born July 14, 1985, in Natchez, the daughter of Janie Cater and husband, Howard, and Renard McGuffee and wife, Annette. She was a graduate of Harrisonburg High School and a graduate of Louisiana Tech with a degree in Early Childhood Education. She was a member of Harrisonburg First Baptist Church. Courtney was Louisiana Tech's 2006 Homecoming Queen, a member of Phi Mu, President of SLECEA "Students of Louisiana Early Childhood Education Association" and Orientation Student Leader at Louisiana Tech.

She was preceded in death by her maternal grandfather, M. T. "Huey" Womack and paternal grandfather, Ronald R. McGuffee.

Survivors include her mother, Janie Cater and husband, Howard, of Harrisonburg; father, Renard McGuffee and wife, Annette, of Tyler, Texas; brother, Clay McGuffee of Harrisonburg; maternal grandmother, Ann Womack of Jonesville; fiance' Klark Kent of Oklahoma; paternal grandmother, Irma McGuffee of Enterprize, La.; stepbrother, Lee Cater of Lafayette; stepsisters, Laurel Crouch and husband, Larry, and son Jimmy, all of Jonesville, Allison Allen and Sarah Beth Allen, both of Tyler, Texas; a host of cousins, aunts and uncles.

Pallbearers will be John Womack, Wesley Womack, Jake Womack, Webb Womack, Ron Philley, Jeff McIntyre, Nick Nicholson, Terry Bacon, Hunter Nicholson, Jesse Ainsworth, Matt Drake and Steven Blaney.

Donations may be made to Children's Miracle Network.

To leave an online condolence for the family, please visit www.youngsfh.com.

Varsity Bulldog big_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nice big_crazy_jake's Avatar

Re: A sad loss to La. Tech

I agree. It's always sad when you lose one of your peers. I didn't know her that well; we were more of acquaintances. She was a sweet girl. It certainly makes you stop and think how short this life is, and how you need to make the most of it.

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light

That is horrible. 21 is so young. Does anyone know what happened??

RD
    We're gonna miss you dawgpound!

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Car accident, car went off the road a little, she over corrected and went into the woods.

JFord

Puppy linds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the ears linds_Marie's Avatar

I heard she was supposed to be getting married in september... that is terribly sad...

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by jford View Post
    Car accident, car went off the road a little, she over corrected and went into the woods.

JFord
    Thats terrible. I have three little ones. Thinking about them getting on the road scares me to death.

RD
    We're gonna miss you dawgpound!

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

she was within a few miles of home. she was on her way home from ruston to visit her family when she flipped her car. very sad

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

I'm taking Driver's Ed now and I'm scared to death that one day I'll overcorrect and flip my vehicle. that happens A LOT.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

From what I heard she was traveling on hwy 913 which runs from Leland to Peck. This hwy is very curvy and used often by log trucks and gravel trucks traveling out of the hills and gravel pits. Most people think they have discovered a short cut but the truth is that route only saves .27 mile in distance and is much slower because of the curves.

My point here is to let all travelers know that the four lane hwy 15 is only 4 miles from Leland!! Take the four lane in SI and leave the curvy back roads for the trucks, tractors and locals. God Bless.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

i figured that was the highway, though i know it as the peck cutoff. the reason its considered a shortcut is bc everyone speeds on it. i am guilty of that.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

This is very sad. I'm going to teach my kids about this type of accident because it happens so much.

The same exact thing killed my cousin in her first year of college, and also a couple of kids I knew in high school. In fact it almost happened to me once but luckily I didn't flip. I think if I would have been driving a SUV it would have gone over for sure (nissan maxima).

Thoughts and prayers.

+ Reply to Thread