+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Offshore oil exploration work?

Big Dog LTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the rough LTUIronDawg's Avatar

Offshore oil exploration work?

Anybody have any experience working offshore in oil service/exploration field? I've been made an informal job offer from a oil exploration company. I should be tendered a formal offer within a week or so. I've been impressed with the company and people that I've had the opportunity to visit with. I would be working aboard a Ramform vessel at sea on a 5/5 schedule. I would appreciate any insight into the industry from any insiders. Thanks.

Also, interestingly, they don't recruit at Tech. When I was talking with the staffing manager he mentioned schools that they recruit but didn't mention Tech. After our conversation he added Tech to his list.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Re: Offshore oil exploration work?

Quote Originally Posted by LTUIronDawg View Post
    Anybody have any experience working offshore in oil service/exploration field? I've been made an informal job offer from a oil exploration company. I should be tendered a formal offer within a week or so. I've been impressed with the company and people that I've had the opportunity to visit with. I would be working aboard a Ramform vessel at sea on a 5/5 schedule. I would appreciate any insight into the industry from any insiders. Thanks.

Also, interestingly, they don't recruit at Tech. When I was talking with the staffing manager he mentioned schools that they recruit but didn't mention Tech. After our conversation he added Tech to his list.

Yeah, but it was a long time ago. I was a roustabout ~ 50 mi. offshore on a drilling rig one summer while attending LA Tech. Jeeze, I could tell some great stories about this experience. Here's how long ago it was.

I drove down to Morgan City to take my physical. The nurse asked me some questions listed on a form. Then, she told me to take off my shoes and socks. I asked, "Why ??". She said, "I can see your fingers and thumbs, now I need to count your toes". I said, "What" ?? She said, "If you have lost any fingers or thumbs or toes, the company figures you are a safety risk". I had 'em all (and still do). End of physical.

Like I said, it was quite a few years ago.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LTUIronDawg View Post

Offshore work is more of a mindset, if you don't have anyone at home (wife/girlfriend/kids) and don't mind being on call you should like it. Also you can bring in the dough big time by working offshore more than just the 5/5 usually get a bonus for everytime you go offshore.

Big Dog LTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the rough LTUIronDawg's Avatar

I would be working on a boat in a technical position rather than on a rig. I guess there's only one way to find out.

Puppy striker0051 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestriker0051 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestriker0051 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestriker0051 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestriker0051 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestriker0051 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestriker0051 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestriker0051 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestriker0051 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestriker0051 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestriker0051 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

what would you be doing?

Working on a seismic vessel planning the shooting schedule and ensuring that the vessel and equipment is in proper position. If that means anything to you. PGS is the company.

How do like my new avatar photo? I just scored that off e-bay to add to my collection. It's from a player that we all know from Tech.

+ Reply to Thread