+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dooley Dawg Football Camps-Please Help

Champ theinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her game

Thumbs Up Dooley Dawg Football Camps-Please Help

Please get this information directly in the hands of anyone you know that may be a high school coach, player or parent who may be interested. As you know, camps are very important in our entire rebuilding effort. Every high school coach in Louisiana should have also received in the mail last month. This is a big push to help.

Anyone that you can get to sign up will help. Please help by contacting Coach Brent Indest at

bindest@LaTech.edu or call him at 318-257-4546.

Youth Camp
    June 6-9
    Ages 8-14
    Cost: $250 Resident and $200 Commuter with Team Rates $25 off for each individual per session. Ten or more participants from the same team will qualify for this discount.
    Work Out Gear Necessary

Developmental Clinic
    June 13th
    Senior Football Players Only
    Cost $25.00
    Location: Memorial Stadium, 1702 Foss Street, Baton Rouge, LA.

High School Camp
    July 25 through July 28
    Grades 9-12
    Cost: $250 resident and $200 commuter. Team Rates $25 off for each individual per session. Ten or more participants from the same team will qualify for this discount.

Please help get this information to anyone you can.

Dear Camper:

The Louisiana Tech coaching staff is committed to helping you reach your full potential. That is why we are inviting you to join us at the Dooley Dawg Football Camp. At the camp, you will receive personal instruction from each member of our staff. The camp is designed to enhance your development in the following areas:

Fundamentals at your position
    Basic Football Schematic Concepts
    Speed, Strength and Agility Improvement

Throughout the camp, we will also emphasize and develop key intangibles that are the backbone of our program:

Attitude, Discipline, Toughness, Effort and Teamwork!

The camp will not only give you a chance to work with our coaches and learn the "Tech way," it will also give you an opportunity to develop relationships with the other athletes from different schools in the region.

See you at the Camp---Go Dawgs!!!!

Sincerely,

Derek Dooley
    Head Football Coach

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Dooley Dawg Football Camps-Please Help

You mean Dooley's going to conduct football camps instead of going to New England for the summer? What does he think he's doing? Trying to build a football program?:icon_wink:

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

RUSTON – Louisiana Tech head coach Derek Dooley will be holding the Dooley-Dawg Kick-To-Win Instructional Camp June 5 at Joe Aillet Stadium for young men entering grades seventh through 12.

The camp is geared towards kickers, punters and deep snappers and will feature former NFL players Chris Boniol, Toby Gowin and Trey Junkin.

Big Dog 8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game

question though. why is the one day camp, (developmental camp for seniors), being held in baton rouge and not in ruston. seems we'd want the kids to see campus & the renovations going on.

only thing i could figure is that we are trying to get more exposure down south. but i think it would be a good idea to have a one day camp at tech.

more & more, (if not all) of the seniors to be are doing the one day deals. less expensive & they can do more during the summer that way.

i think we miss the boat by not having one aon campus.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I don't think it's a bad thing...hopefully he'll be able to do more camps in the future around the state...(New Orleans, Lafayette, BR, Shreve, etc)

For some kids, transportation is an issue (due to cost, parents both working, etc.) I remember most kids in my highschool (el dorado) went to the Henderson St camp in Arkadelphia rather than UA in Fayetteville because it was closer. You got an 1.5 hr drive verse a 5 hr drive. I think it's good that Dooley is able to expose Tech in south LA for individuals who do not have the means to travel to Ruston.

Champ theinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her game

Do any of you guys think you could help get this out to folks?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Get messages out to every youth football league director in North Louisiana. I went to the WOLBFA site and guess who had a nice looking ad on the front page? I'm working on getting Tech some ink there myself.

Puppy YardDawg seems to have something between the earsYardDawg seems to have something between the earsYardDawg seems to have something between the earsYardDawg seems to have something between the earsYardDawg seems to have something between the earsYardDawg seems to have something between the ears

My 8 year old "Kiroli Comet" will be at the camp. Hopefully, he can learn something from the offensive/defensive line coaches. His coach has ask him to practive snapping the ball for next year. If you ever want to have fun at a football game other than at a TECH football game, go watch these little guys play Tackle I. It is amazing to watch what these boys can do at 7 & 8 years of age.

I ask the coaches to do one thing, GET HIM TO HATE LSU!!!!!:bigcry: I can credit JBIII for him taking on two schools, but he assures his dad that he likes Louisiana Tech more....

Insider, do you know what the schedule of activities look like for the youth camp? I have call coach Brent three times, but all I get is an answering machine.

GO DAWGS!!!!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YardDawg View Post
    My 8 year old "Kiroli Comet" will be at the camp. Hopefully, he can learn something from the offensive/defensive line coaches. His coach has ask him to practive snapping the ball for next year. If you ever want to have fun at a football game other than at a TECH football game, go watch these little guys play Tackle I. It is amazing to watch what these boys can do at 7 & 8 years of age.

I ask the coaches to do one thing, GET HIM TO HATE LSU!!!!!:bigcry: I can credit JBIII for him taking on two schools, but he assures his dad that he likes Louisiana Tech more....

Insider, do you know what the schedule of activities look like for the youth camp? I have call coach Brent three times, but all I get is an answering machine.

GO DAWGS!!!!
    Welcome to the board YardDawg. I hate to tell you but the Comets will be up against a powerhouse when they face the Drew Bobcats this year. Not only are we stacked with 8 yr olds, we are also very well coached.

Do y'all have your speedster Young coming back again or will he move up? Good kid, but his Dad is an lsu homer.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Where can I get a registration form? Also, I have a 9 year old whose Mom needs a little reassurance that he will be fine going away for 3 days. Where can we get more info on the camp? As a side note does anyone know about youth football in the Shreveport/Bossier area?

May I have your contact info? I will get the forms you need asap.

Puppy YardDawg seems to have something between the earsYardDawg seems to have something between the earsYardDawg seems to have something between the earsYardDawg seems to have something between the earsYardDawg seems to have something between the earsYardDawg seems to have something between the ears

Actually, I have been on the board for about 5 years. My original name was "ChampDawg" but my old password did not work anymore one day; I had changed e-mail addresses and I couldn't use the "forget your password" button. So, I couldn't ever get the webmaster to respond to 3 different e-mails, so I had to create a new name.

We to are stack with 8 year olds also that played first string last year as 7 year olds. We only lost to Riverside and Claiborne #1(twice) . We didn't play Drews #1 team, I think we played Drew's #2 team and beat them. Hey, it's just fun to watch those boys play. Actually, the best part is going to practice everyday and meeting the parents of the kids that your child plays with everyday, made some great friends. Glad to know there will be some boys there that are his age that he might know. Look for #21 and introduce yourself on sign-in day!

Who knows, they may be future BULLDAWGS together one day!!!!!

we still need a serious push to help our camps. Please do what you can.

Varsity Bulldog dogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the rough dogtrooper's Avatar

did anybody watch the news last night here in monroe? It featured a couple of the former tech/nfl players that were helping with the camp. Everyone of 'em pretty much said, "All I was waiting on was an invitation to help from the coaching staff." Change is good!

Varsity Bulldog bigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nice bigwagee's Avatar

I watched it on the news also. I found it interesting with their comments. They have always wanted to help out the program but no one ever asked them.

+ Reply to Thread