+ Reply to Thread

Thread: O.K. Davis

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

O.K. Davis

I read the RDL online for the first time in a while, the other day -

Made me wonder -

Why doesn't the BOT pick up Buddy's articles? Because there's no RSS?

Now, granted, Buddy's no Letlow or Watson... (there's no Internet smiley face in the world for the sarcasm meant there.....)

But the RDL (Buddy) has got some really, really good stuff that I think the board populace would genuinely appreciate.

Can the BOT pick it up?

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Re: O.K. Davis

You don't like my "dripping with sarcasm smiley"?

I do, and I still would like it added...............CHRIS! (just pickin!)
    http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34957

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Wouldn't hurt if Bot is/was capable.
    Buddy Davis IS a wealth of knowledge and will probably be the only insider when it comes to Dooley.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by turbodawg View Post
    I read the RDL online for the first time in a while, the other day -

Made me wonder -

Why doesn't the BOT pick up Buddy's articles? Because there's no RSS?

Now, granted, Buddy's no Letlow or Watson... (there's no Internet smiley face in the world for the sarcasm meant there.....)

But the RDL (Buddy) has got some really, really good stuff that I think the board populace would genuinely appreciate.

Can the BOT pick it up?
    I don't think they do RSS feeds -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

To my knowledge, the RDL does not offer an RSS feed. While there are ways around this, like setting up a Google RSS feed searching the RDL, this method typically results in our getting an extreme number of multiple posts containing the same article. This means that we, the administrators, end up having to move one of them into the appropriate forum and then delete all the rest of the posts by the Bot (i.e., a LOT of extra work on our part). If they ever do provide an RSS feed, we'll by HAPPY to add them to the Bot's list of searches. So if anyone knows somebody over there, see if you can get them to provide it.

Chris

+ Reply to Thread