+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: We aren't the only ones with CUAS on our mind:

Puppy GreenThing is an unknown

Re: We aren't the only ones with CUAS on our mind:

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    Marshall might be likely to move, but the question is where to? The Big East is unlikely, but going back to the MAC is not completely out of the question. It's a long shot, but not out of the question because the MAC is not a bad conference.
    Thats a pipe dream, it will never happen. In 97 Marshall had to agree to take only 1/2 of the TV contract money that the rest of the conferece got. In '03 and '04 that was 33K. When Marshall jumped to CUSA in '05 they got 1.26 Mil and in '06 1.32 Mil. . So lets do a lil math here.

1.26 Mil CUSA
    1.32 Mil CUSA
    --------
    2.58 Mil CUSA
    0.66 K 2 Yrs MAC
    --------
    1.92 Mil Net from CUSA over MAC

Puppy UTEPDude is an unknown

Re: We aren't the only ones with CUAS on our mind:

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I will admit that the 3/4 thing was told to me by a CUSA fan. He could certainly have been wrong. The convinced some UNT guy that every CUSA program has to have a $20,000,000 budget...somebody needs to get that memo to USM, UAB, and Marshall.
    Actually from what I read on the El Paso Times a while back was that UTEP was voted into C-USA unanimously by the 11 C-USA presidents, the AD's had already recommended UTEP to the presidents days before the voting took place.

BTW, it does take a three-quarters vote to invite a school into C-USA.
    http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22066

+ Reply to Thread