+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ULM May Flip The Switch On Tech - latechreport.com

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Post ULM May Flip The Switch On Tech - latechreport.com

A new article has been posted on www.latechreport.com:

Rumblings are coming out of the Warhawk camp about a potential plan to turn the tide on Louisiana Tech when it comes to playing each other.

More...

Official Unofficial BB&B Pollster TennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her game TennesseeDawg's Avatar

Re: ULM May Flip The Switch On Tech - latechreport.com

They were a bunch of cry baby's when I was at Te and it seems like they are still that way

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I like that plan. I say we call their bluff and make it none.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

You know what, if they want to play us in football, the all-or-nothing proposal really isn't a bad idea.

I'd tell them to CYA, personally. Who needs sorry-ass ULM?

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    You know what, if they want to play us in football, the all-or-nothing proposal really isn't a bad idea.

I'd tell them to CYA, personally. Who needs sorry-ass ULM?
    You're right. Tell them we'll play them in all sports-in Ruston.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

ULM is making a big mistake if they think they can coerce Tech into playing them in basketball and football. I actually lean toward playing them, but like any true Tech alum I would be for telling them to shove it if they try to force us into anything.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

If it is all or none- then none it is. I don't care who you are, you never let any other institution force your hand.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

I just wonder why they are hankering for a pounding so much? Oh, it's because our fans will fill up their stadium. Without their "little rock" home game they need some numbers.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

All sports or nothing...

Yeah right, and we'll tell LSU the same thing.

Hold your breath UL-JuCo.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Someone should remind them about the last time we played NLULM in Ruston. They brought a few hundred fans and the rumor was that they boycotted because they did not want Tech and Ruston to make any money off of their fans. You can't have it both ways, and a true rivalry is about competition, not petty grudges. We pounded them in that game and embarrassed them even worse the next year in their own stadium, when our fans outnumbered them at least 3 to 1.

Tell them to go screw themselves and we can easily replace them on the schedule with Grambling. Grambling would bring more fans and the team is just as good, if not better. Plus, a tailgate party with Grambling would be hopping! In basketball, we can replace them with NSU. McConathy would love the chance to compete against us, and their team is twice as good as the WarChickens. In baseball and softball, replace them with NSU or a CUSA team.

They are in no position to make demands, and we do not negotiate with WarChickens.

Puppy BOPdawg is on top of his/her gameBOPdawg is on top of his/her gameBOPdawg is on top of his/her gameBOPdawg is on top of his/her gameBOPdawg is on top of his/her gameBOPdawg is on top of his/her gameBOPdawg is on top of his/her gameBOPdawg is on top of his/her gameBOPdawg is on top of his/her gameBOPdawg is on top of his/her gameBOPdawg is on top of his/her game

who the hell do they think they are?!!! They have no leverage in this discussion with that kind of ultimatum . Call their bluff and move on! I do want to play the JuCo from Monroe but they haven't earned anything to try and push us into a game. That is apparently the act of a very desperate athletic program.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

I would not do this just so they can also play us in football. We need to schedule other teams in OOC for football. I would play them in all but football. If they want to hold to this line of all or none, then it is none.

Bulldog RockNRoll Warrior has turned a few heads around hereRockNRoll Warrior has turned a few heads around hereRockNRoll Warrior has turned a few heads around here RockNRoll Warrior's Avatar

Are there other sports that we do not play them? I know we have not played them in soccer. Any other sports?

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

I say forgot them.

If they really want to play us, then they will agree to playing us in Ruston on a year to year basis.

If the game achieves an attendance of 30,000 then we will play them again next year in Ruston. If the attendance is less, then we end the deal.

Put up or shut up.

Puppy Ijuswannawin is an unknown Ijuswannawin's Avatar

I am sick of the Monroe crowd playing this card all the time. Why should we play them, why would we want to play them, what possible benefit is there for Tech in a continuation of this series. Either we have gotten past this, or we need to go back to the days when we played Northwestern in the State Fair Classic (which was at least fun) played McNeese, USL, Southeastern etc. In other words, if we want to step back 30 years, play them...otherwise tell Lee Fletcher (a supposed Tech grad) and all the other "Back To The Future" LOSERS to get a life and find another windmill to tilt.

+ Reply to Thread