+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ULM May Flip The Switch On Tech - latechreport.com

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

Re: ULM May Flip The Switch On Tech - latechreport.com

*yawn*

looks like someone decided they needed to puff their feathers...

the last time they played Tech in football, in Ruston, yeah, they didn't travel well. They were way out numbered, and Tech rolled them something to the tune of 70-14. The last time Tech played there, they started a fight on the field and their officials said we did and tossed out two of out O-line. Then their fans started trowing trash at us on the sidelines and their officials did nothing. Whipped them then too...

They want to play in all sports? fine and f-ing dandy, but they can't cry about losing, nor make excuses for not traveling fans the 30 miles over.

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

You have to love ULM.

"Go ahead, make my day..."

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Last time we played ULM at Monroe, their fans didn't show up.

*ULMLR, this year they get a break not playing UA in Little Rock...so no padding up their attendance with the Razorback game.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Last time we played ULM at Monroe, their fans didn't show up.

*ULMLR, this year they get a break not playing UA in Little Rock...so no padding up their attendance with the Razorback game.
    I didn't goto the Monroe game, but I was at the Ruston game. We killed em, if football had a mercy ruling they would have put it in for that game. As far as fans go, BOTH sides of the stadium had loads of Tech fans, but all I could see of the former-indians was a small band, handful of supporters, and their cheerleaders. It was pretty bad, and they left pretty soon after the beatings began.
    Last edited by revf; 06-01-2007 at 04:36 PM.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

We had a down year athletically last year. But, we're not down enough to start jumping when ULM gives us some sort of ultimatum. Talk to Dooley and talk to Rupp. If they want to play ULM, sign the deal and let the injuns get whooped.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Big Dog rbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her game rbhtech's Avatar

I do love beating the sh*t out of them in football!

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I love how on their msg board at http://forums.delphiforums.com/IndianInsider/start they have in big bold letters " 2005 Sunbelt Conference Football Co-Champions " when they went 5-6 (in a 3 way tie with ULL and Ark State). Sunbelt conf, you can have a losing record and still be champs!

Last edited by qng001; 06-02-2007 at 12:52 AM.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

I think an "ULtiMatum" is ridiculous. If Staub has thrown down the gauntlet, send him packing. Thats not a smart way to do business.

At the same time, I think it makes MUCH MORE SENSE to play ULM than a Central Arkansas, Nicholls or Sam Houston.

Does playing Monroe bring in the revenue of a bodybag game? No, but it keeps what revenue IS generated right here in our area. I say lets play them...and beat them OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER until they quit coming. Just like they lost interest in the late 90's...and stopped showing up for their annual booty whoopin.

On a bigger level, I think we should play ULM, UL-Lafayette, Tulane and LSU on a rotating basis, with home and home's with everyone. I know the evil ones won't agree to that...but the other 3 would.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Tulane wouldn't either. They are not as friendly to us as most think and helping them out after Katrina will only lend so much good will.

After a couple of years of ass whoopings, they stop coming then its a question of is it worth what little revenue would be generated. Until ULM has a winning season there is absolutely no reason to play them.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

At the same time, I think it makes MUCH MORE SENSE to play ULM than a Central Arkansas, Nicholls or Sam Houston

Those three don't require a return game. Do we make enough money playing nlulm at home to make up the difference for the years we travel to nlulm? I talking football here. Seems sad that our fan base would help support their program in years we travel over there. Staub has not been receptive to a ticket deal that would benefit the seller of the most tickets at both places.

WE DON'T NEED NLULM TO BE SUCCESSFUL!!

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

"WE DON'T NEED NLULM TO BE SUCCESSFUL!!"

Sheesh, I hope I didn't imply that we DID! I've done a 180 on this ULM/Tech deal. With the price of gasoline and jet fuel going thru the roof, it's time we quit thinking with our emotions and using our head.

If you're gonna play games against 1A opponents and you can play one each year that is either 100% PROFIT or ZERO EXPENSE we're financially irresponsible for not doing it. ESPECIALLY if Dwayne's plan with the ticket sales was worked out.

If you're gonna schedule a 1AA opponent, why bring in a Central Arkansas and play in front of 18,000 AND write THEM a check for coming down? Play GRAMBLING, fill up the Joe and pay virtually NOTHING.

No, we don't need NLULM nor Grambling to be successful, but playing them could be an indirect help along the way.

Big Dog DarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really nice

Seems to me that we need 30,000 Tech fans to fill the stadium no matter who we play. The real successful programs fill the stadium with their own fans and do not worry about the fans from other schools.

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    "WE DON'T NEED NLULM TO BE SUCCESSFUL!!"

Sheesh, I hope I didn't imply that we DID! I've done a 180 on this ULM/Tech deal. With the price of gasoline and jet fuel going thru the roof, it's time we quit thinking with our emotions and using our head.

If you're gonna play games against 1A opponents and you can play one each year that is either 100% PROFIT or ZERO EXPENSE we're financially irresponsible for not doing it. ESPECIALLY if Dwayne's plan with the ticket sales was worked out.

If you're gonna schedule a 1AA opponent, why bring in a Central Arkansas and play in front of 18,000 AND write THEM a check for coming down? Play GRAMBLING, fill up the Joe and pay virtually NOTHING.

No, we don't need NLULM nor Grambling to be successful, but playing them could be an indirect help along the way.

ULM needs to at least drop back to D-IAA, or preferably drop back to the Junior College leagues. This needs to be the goal.

If we choose to play ULM to save a few bucks it could end up being a bad decision because it could re-juvinate their dying fan base. ULM does seem to be infatuated with Tech. If the fans know that Tech will never be on the schedule, they could lose all interest and ULM would be gone.

However, if we play them and completely destroy them, it could demoralize their fans.

Either way, we should approach the situation with the goal of having ULM leave D-1A.

Champ garddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to behold

I tell this story every time new talk surfaces about ULM wanting to play Tech.

When Tech agreed to the last 4 game home and home series in the late 90’s, my dad and I made the trek up from Lafayette to Ruston to watch the first game. That Saturday night with a nearly sold out stadium the atmosphere was totally electric. To add to it the game was close until we finally took it at 17-14 or something(I have always been bad with remembering exacts). Basically my dad and I left with the idea that the atmosphere and drama would have been enough to relay to people at least around the state what a BATTLE it was they missed.

When I had returned to Lafayette the next day, I looked at both the Laf. Paper and the Baton Rouge paper looking for a big write-up. Both had only the typical 3 to 4 paragraph recap with no fanfare. And this on a weekend when LSU, ULL and the Saints were either idle or out of the state. We were the ONLY BIG BATTLE in the state and it still was not enough for people outside N La to care.

I realized then and there that playing ULM to the rest of the country and even the state is a complete non-event and does nothing to advance us.

I would rather have the Cajuns or the other mentioned but I am still fine with not playing any of them.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Chuck, I'm hearing that we tried to be creative with the ticket sales idea. Staub was totally against it. It's back to the question of playing them for a return game. They gain much more than we do from it IMO. The worst part of all is listening to the smug and uniformed media talk about what a shame it is that this series has not continued all along and "how great it is for the community." You know the ones who think nlulm and Tech are peers. Besides the media, we have to listen to the water cooler talk from bandwagon lsu fans who look down their noses while patting us on the back and telling us how great it is that we play each other.

+ Reply to Thread