+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What does Tech really need to get to CWS as a regular? - latechreport.com

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Baseball What does Tech really need to get to CWS as a regular? - latechreport.com

A new article has been posted on www.latechreport.com:

"Two to three players away" is the most common answer to my question.

More...

Bulldog littledawg50 is an unknown

Re: What does Tech really need to get to CWS as a regular? - latechreport.com

Quote Originally Posted by News_Bot View Post
    A new article has been posted on www.latechreport.com:

"Two to three players away" is the most common answer to my question.

More...
    Pitchers. Thats the difference between pretty good teams and very good, regional type teams. Most of the teams I've seen in the regionals do not hit like we do. Most have 3-5 guys hitting over .300, we had about 10 that hit either well over .300 or right at .300. Usually we had only one or two guys in the line-up that was below.300. To get to and win a regional we have to either get strong pitchers in or develop what we have, hopefully both. Not dissing the pitchers we have now but that is the difference.

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Baseball Re: What does Tech really need to get to CWS as a regular? - latechreport.com

Quote Originally Posted by littledawg50 View Post
    Pitchers. Thats the difference between pretty good teams and very good, regional type teams. Most of the teams I've seen in the regionals do not hit like we do. Most have 3-5 guys hitting over .300, we had about 10 that hit either well over .300 or right at .300. Usually we had only one or two guys in the line-up that was below.300. To get to and win a regional we have to either get strong pitchers in or develop what we have, hopefully both. Not dissing the pitchers we have now but that is the difference.
    You're right littledog50.........it was pitching that sent us home packing this year, and it will be much improved pitching that will put us in the post-season nex't year. Nex't season they will be jamming more games into a shorter season, so we will probably need 4 solid starting pitchers.That will be a tall order to fill for every Division 1 team.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

The WAC tournament was the first chance I had to see Tech live. I have been critical of Luke Burnett in the past and I owe him an apology. He was hit hard in the first game, but I don't believe it was his fault. Sims was calling every pitch from the dugout. I doesn't take someone who has been coaching long (I'm talking about the opposing coaches) to pick up some signs. By the 3rd inning, they knew every pitch that was coming. Someone needs to tell Sims to change something. Have a couple of people sending signs if he has to.

By the way, the Beavers are still alive. They beat Virginia today and have to beat them again tomorrow to advance.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Oregon State is still alive, but 5 of the alleged "top 8 national seeds" all lost at home in regionals. #1 Vanderbilt, #4 Texas, #6 Florida State, #7 Arkansas, and #8 San Diego....gone. Add in other #1 regional seeds Long Beach State, Missouri, and Coastal Carolina that lost and that's 8 of the 15 number #1 seeds gone. If Oregon State wins Tuesday that would be 9 of the 16 out.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    The WAC tournament was the first chance I had to see Tech live. I have been critical of Luke Burnett in the past and I owe him an apology. He was hit hard in the first game, but I don't believe it was his fault. Sims was calling every pitch from the dugout. I doesn't take someone who has been coaching long (I'm talking about the opposing coaches) to pick up some signs. By the 3rd inning, they knew every pitch that was coming. Someone needs to tell Sims to change something. Have a couple of people sending signs if he has to.

By the way, the Beavers are still alive. They beat Virginia today and have to beat them again tomorrow to advance.

I doubt Simoneaux was actually calling the pitches. Maybe he was. But, Tree usually calls them.

Bulldog littledawg50 is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    I doubt Simoneaux was actually calling the pitches. Maybe he was. But, Tree usually calls them.
    One of the pitchers told me Tree literally "calls" the pitch to the catcher, but Sim gives the thums up or thumbs down--sort of a veto power. I think that's why we've taken so long at times between pitches. Seems like it worked really well when they let the catcher call pitches.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    Doesn't matter. If our catcher can see the signals, so can the other team. If they figure them out, it dooms our pitcher. Have some confidence in your catcher and pitcher.

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Baseball Re: What does Tech really need to get to CWS as a regular? - latechreport.com

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    Doesn't matter. If our catcher can see the signals, so can the other team. If they figure them out, it dooms our pitcher. Have some confidence in your catcher and pitcher.
    In the Nevada series in Reno, their players were stepping out of the box to "get the signals" from our coach at the same time that Combs was looking into the dugout.They literally knew what pitch was coming I think that the best system is to let the catcher call the game with the understanding that the pitcher can "shake off" when he needs to. The pitching coach and head coach can send in a signal only in critical situations as they see fit. Allowing the pitcher to get into a rythym also allows the defense to get off their heels and play better defense. If the coaches insist on calling the pitches, then we need to use the new "quarterback wristband" system that a lot of division 1 schools have gone to. That is an almost foolproof system in which it is almost impossible to figure out the signs, because you can change the wristband inserts as often as you want to really confuse the other team.

+ Reply to Thread