+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Grand Bayou

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Grand Bayou

Went fishing at Grand Bayou Lake just outside Coushatta yesterday. I caught over 20 bass in a span of about three hours. I also caught enough big Mason bream to have a couple of fish frys with. The reason I switched from bream to bass was the fact that bass kept blowing up on my slip cork. Switched to a Pop-R. Nothing like bass on topwater.

There is also a fantastic Farm/fresh produce/peaches stand just on the west side of the Red River bridge outside of Coushatta. It is on the way if you're coming from I-49 or Highway 1. I had a salad with homegrown lettuce/cukes, sweet onions with my fried fish last night.

I highly recommend that you try this lake out in the future. They have fantastic cabins for rent, they come with their own private dock and there is a real nice beach with amenities there. Here is the link to the resort. I'm calling today to reserve a cabin in September.

http://www.grandbayouresort.com/
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Puppy Good Dog33 is an unknown Good Dog33's Avatar

Re: Grand Bayou

Thanks for the heads up. We are looking for places to go this summer and had no idea about this place.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

The park there has a really nice beach as well. Perch were tearing it up earlier this year as well. The bass slot is pretty restrictive, so watch what you keep.

If you RV, it's MUCH better than Bisteneau and a lot better atmosphere.

Chris

Puppy Good Dog33 is an unknown Good Dog33's Avatar

Is Grand Bayou a State or Parish Park?

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Good Dog33 View Post
    Is Grand Bayou a State or Parish Park?
    Neither, its privately owned.

+ Reply to Thread