+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: libby gets LIFE......

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Re: libby gets LIFE......

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    Libby was convicted for what they charged him for, he was convicted for obstruction of justice in the case where they did not get a conviction.
    Yes, it is true that the investigation did not reveal any criminal wrong-doing, which makes Libby's entire effort to obstruct justice totally unnecessary.

Remember, these are the same great minds that got us into a unnecessary and wrong invasion of Iraq. The fact that they tried to derail the investigation because it might influence the election tells you quite a lot about their psychology.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

Once upon a relatively recent time......

A sitting president of The United States of America was IMPEACHED and tried by the H of R because of an allegation of perjury...... And possibly obstruction of justice, I honestly do not recall.

I have no knowledge of this board at that time......
    But I'll take a wild guess and suspect that the vast majority of DAWGS who posted here back then...... Were hell bent for conservative leather and righteous IMPEACHMENT/CONVICTION, and ever so PROUD of THEIR AMERICAN SYSTEM OF JUSTICE.

BUT I HAVE FORGOTTEN......
    What was the "UNDERLYING CRIME" committed by Slick Willie...... That made his perjurous prevarication so necessary to identify...... That it merited virtually no other significant congressional business being moved forward, until all such "noble" and needed IMPEACHMENT matters were so righteously concluded?

Nothing fancy needed......
    Just American simple and in 25 honest words, more or less......
    Slick Willie's UNDERLYING CRIME was____________________________.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said...... But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spinoza View Post
    Once upon a relatively recent time......

A sitting president of The United States of America was IMPEACHED and tried by the H of R because of an allegation of perjury...... And possibly obstruction of justice, I honestly do not recall.

I have no knowledge of this board at that time......
    But I'll take a wild guess and suspect that the vast majority of DAWGS who posted here back then...... Were hell bent for conservative leather and righteous IMPEACHMENT/CONVICTION, and ever so PROUD of THEIR AMERICAN SYSTEM OF JUSTICE.

BUT I HAVE FORGOTTEN......
    What was the "UNDERLYING CRIME" committed by Slick Willie...... That made his perjurous prevarication so necessary to identify...... That it merited virtually no other significant congressional business being moved forward, until all such "noble" and needed IMPEACHMENT matters were so righteously concluded?

Nothing fancy needed......
    Just American simple and in 25 honest words, more or less......
    Slick Willie's UNDERLYING CRIME was____________________________.
    i'm no lawyer, but it seems to me that for someone to lie, he would have to have a motive. people don't typically lie to federal prosecutors unless they have something to hide. since we know the correct answers to the questions libby answered incorrectly, and they did not implicate anyone, what did he gain by lying? it's like if you asked me where anthony's is/was and i said, "i think it's on vienna street." then you said, "ha! it's on trenton! you lied!" i didn't have any reason to lie. i just told you the best i could remember. therefore it was not a lie -- simply a false statement.

slick willy, on the other hand, obviously knew the correct answers, and had obvious political, personal, and legal reasons for lying. and the matters that he lied about did tend to implicate him in the crimes for which he was accused. regardless of whether a crime was committed, his conduct was such that it would get 99% of americans fired without notice, without an impeachment trial.

at any rate, if libby intentionally lied under oath, then he should certainly be punished to the full extent of the law -- whether it was a cheap political trap or not.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

It's not a crime to cheat on your wife, but it does speak volumes about your character. I know that probably doesn't mean much to you guys but for me and my family to have a president of that low moral standards is not acceptable. Do not wrongly assume that I agree with the current administration. I find both to be equally offensive. But to say that one deserves to be put away while the other goes free is not applying justice equally. We need to expect more from our represenatives, no matter what party they come from. To excuse ones behavior simply because we happen to agree with their policy, but condem the other because we do not will not work and has not worked. It has gotten us to the current situation and falls right into the politicians hands.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    i'm no lawyer, but it seems to me that for someone to lie, he would have to have a motive. people don't typically lie to federal prosecutors unless they have something to hide. since we know the correct answers to the questions libby answered incorrectly, and they did not implicate anyone, what did he gain by lying? it's like if you asked me where anthony's is/was and i said, "i think it's on vienna street." then you said, "ha! it's on trenton! you lied!" i didn't have any reason to lie. i just told you the best i could remember. therefore it was not a lie -- simply a false statement.

slick willy, on the other hand, obviously knew the correct answers, and had obvious political, personal, and legal reasons for lying. and the matters that he lied about did tend to implicate him in the crimes for which he was accused. regardless of whether a crime was committed, his conduct was such that it would get 99% of americans fired without notice, without an impeachment trial.

at any rate, if libby intentionally lied under oath, then he should certainly be punished to the full extent of the law -- whether it was a cheap political trap or not.
    The evidence clearly shows that Libby intentionally lied to the Grand Jury and to investigators. His motive was to stonewall the investigation during GWB's re-election campaign.

It's not a crime to cheat on your wife, but it does speak volumes about your character. I know that probably doesn't mean much to you guys but for me and my family to have a president of that low moral standards is not acceptable. Do not wrongly assume that I agree with the current administration. I find both to be equally offensive. But to say that one deserves to be put away while the other goes free is not applying justice equally. We need to expect more from our represenatives, no matter what party they come from. To excuse ones behavior simply because we happen to agree with their policy, but condem the other because we do not will not work and has not worked. It has gotten us to the current situation and falls right into the politicians hands.
    The country knew Slick Willie had low moral standards when it elected him President 2 times. Now, if GWB was caught in the Oval Office playing with a young female aide, now that would be news.

Talk about low moral standards, just look at Newt and all the other adulterers in this country.

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    The evidence clearly shows that Libby intentionally lied to the Grand Jury and to investigators. His motive was to stonewall the investigation during GWB's re-election campaign.
    Please specifically state how the evidence clearly shows that he intentionally lied.

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9701Dawg View Post
    Please specifically state how the evidence clearly shows that he intentionally lied.
    THE VERDICT.....!
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said...... But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

And the verdict of a jury shall not be questioned and is never tainted.

Yes the country elected the Slickster and he is the figurehead for what I find offensive, that we care so little about our leaders character. You keep insinuating that I have some love for GWB as if to insult him is to insult me, not the case. I am no fan. As I am no fan of anyone that comes for the elite class of this country. Read the biography of the Bush family and you will find that they are related to 16 former presidents. That is no coincidence. So please do not use Bush as an excuse for Clinton. This country has been held hostage too long by a federal government that is all too powerful. The power elite is aided and abetted by the media that has this country so focused on Paris Hilton that they have no idea of what is going on right in front of them. They have us so polarized that Democrats will excuse any behavior by one of their own and the republicans will excuse any behavior of their own, but they all stay in power and continue to steal the assets and liberties of the masses. Meanwhile the news shows another clip of Brad and Angelina's new adopted accessory.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Yes, it is interesting the things people in "public service" do to gain/remain in positions of "service."
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Yeah, it funny if I criticize a republican I get accused of being a liberal, if I criticize a Democrat I'm a republican.
    If you say Clinton was a disgrace to the office of the presidency, it Bush sucks, if you disagree with a Bush policy you're a Hillary supporter. I'm not from a red state or a blue state I'm from a red, white and blue state. Too many people have been sucked into this two party system that just perpetuates the same problems while pretending to fix them. Until we get back to advancing the principals of liberty and personal responsibility the power elites are going to do every thing they can to keep things just like they are.

Yeah, it funny if I criticize a republican I get accused of being a liberal, if I criticize a Democrat I'm a republican.
    If you say Clinton was a disgrace to the office of the presidency, it Bush sucks, if you disagree with a Bush policy you're a Hillary supporter. I'm not from a red state or a blue state I'm from a red, white and blue state. Too many people have been sucked into this two party system that just perpetuates the same problems while pretending to fix them. Until we get back to advancing the principals of liberty and personal responsibility the power elites are going to do every thing they can to keep things just like they are.
    I'm sorry for unfairly classifying you as a Bush/Republican supporter.

As far as the evidence showing Libby to be a first-class prejurer, I suggest you research the evidence yourself. For you to hint that the jury in that case was wrong in its verdict doesn't really mean a lot since you yourself have admitted that you don't know the facts of the case.

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    I'm sorry for unfairly classifying you as a Bush/Republican supporter.

As far as the evidence showing Libby to be a first-class prejurer, I suggest you research the evidence yourself. For you to hint that the jury in that case was wrong in its verdict doesn't really mean a lot since you yourself have admitted that you don't know the facts of the case.
    Again I did not say that he was not guilty, just that the law was not applied evenly in the case of the Clinton. Seems to me that perjury is perjury and if you are guilty of it then the penalty should be the same. But in this case they chose to make Libby the fall guy so people would forget about the other people that commited more serious crimes. I also think it stinks to high heaven that Sandy Berger is allowed to smuggle documents out of the National Archive with a slap on the wrist. I smell a whole bunch of rats and they reside in DC.

Again I did not say that he was not guilty, just that the law was not applied evenly in the case of the Clinton. Seems to me that perjury is perjury and if you are guilty of it then the penalty should be the same. But in this case they chose to make Libby the fall guy so people would forget about the other people that commited more serious crimes. I also think it stinks to high heaven that Sandy Berger is allowed to smuggle documents out of the National Archive with a slap on the wrist. I smell a whole bunch of rats and they reside in DC.
    I thought I answered that previously. President Slick Willie was never found guilty by a jury or a court of the crime of prejury. Hence, he is presumed innocent of such a crime. You have convicted the guy in your own mind. Yes, he gave up his license to practice law up that is the same has a criminal conviction. So there is absolute no comparison to the situation LIbby is facing since he was found guilty in a court of law.

What you say about the power elites makes a lot of sense. However, slick willie was never a major player in the power structure in the USA and never will be. He's just a very, very talented lower class guy who made good.

Remember, people in this country are presumed innocent of a crime UNLESS they are convicted in a court of law.

No he was not found guilty, again that does not mean that he was inocent. He got away with a lot because he had protection of people who had an interest in him staying in power. Just as the real perpetrators will go free while a small timer like Scooter will get a perjury charge and everyone on the left will cheer and feel like they have won, when in fact the only winners are the ones that divert attention from their true agenda.

If you consider being a great politician very talented then I would and always have agreed that Bill was without equal. I disagree that he made good, yeah he went a long way but many of the policies that he brought about and the example that he set, and the lowering of the expectations of our leaders that he accomplished were not great achievements. The thing with leaders is that history will judge them not on weather they won elections but on how they used their time. Clinton used his to allow the sell of our guidance systems to China, not respond to the terror threat, and get the country debating weather a bj is sex or not.

+ Reply to Thread