Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
Tech78,

Before we email him and encourage him to pursue branding, should we come up with some ideas to present to him? In other words, if we email him specific suggestions rather that just a "hey, do this." email, we might get a more favorable response, and he might get some good ideas out of the deal.

Your thoughts?
Let me first state that I am not a marketing expert, but I do know that a good starting point is for Dr. Reneau to require that Tech representatives working Tech events wear the colors with a Tech logo of some sort. This would immediately eliminate the AD and coaches appearing at Champs functions, signing day events, press conferences, etc. in street clothes devoid of Tech colors and logos.

Other ideas that are actionable can cover quite a gamut i.e. more logos throughout the campus on buildings and/or inside buildings, all computer labs use Tech screen savers and mouse-pads, Tech banners / pictures throughout the campus buildings (visit COB building to see this being done), handout material and mailings from Tech sources should be in red/blue whenever possible (one time I attended an advisory council meeting on campus and my name tag was printed on green stock - why?).

Tech is already branding in many ways. We have room to do even better without much extra effort. Some brainstorming as you suggest is a good idea, so let's identify some in addition to what I listed above.

I will close by saying that I would like people to focus on the one thing Dr. Reneau can affect from his position - require his employees to look like Tech employees to the outside world by wearing Tech colors and logos.