+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AF Command Center in Shreveport/Bossier

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

AF Command Center in Shreveport/Bossier

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/...0324/1002/NEWS

10,000+ high-tech jobs and possible defense contractors moving into the area would be a huge boost to the local economy and for Tech. The research at Tech, especially nanotechnology, could tie in with this. I just hope Blanco doesn't screw this up.

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Re: AF Command Center in Shreveport/Bossier

Quote Originally Posted by 9701Dawg View Post
    http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/...0324/1002/NEWS

10,000+ high-tech jobs and possible defense contractors moving into the area would be a huge boost to the local economy and for Tech. The research at Tech, especially nanotechnology, could tie in with this. I just hope Blanco doesn't screw this up.
    That would be awesome! I just don't have a lot of faith that the present administration in Baton Rouge can get this done...$100 million is not a lot to spend for something of this magnitude...

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgcrazy View Post
    That would be awesome! I just don't have a lot of faith that the present administration in Baton Rouge can get this done...$100 million is not a lot to spend for something of this magnitude...
    Blanco offered over $400 million for a German steel mill, if I remember correctly. Yet, she only offers $100 million for a project that should have a greater economic impact and bring in many highly educated people?

I really hope those in BR understand the potential this has.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

That's all that was requested. They are asking for $50 million from the state. They already have $50 million in local funds to make up the $100 million. They need to take the rest of that $400 million and dedicate it to I-49 North/South

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    That's all that was requested. They are asking for $50 million from the state. They already have $50 million in local funds to make up the $100 million. They need to take the rest of that $400 million and dedicate it to I-49 North/South
    That's good to hear.

I agree that I-49 should be funded, soon. I've heard that if progress is not made within a few years on extending I-49, then the federal funds for the project will expire.

Varsity Bulldog Gunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her game Gunslinger's Avatar

Blanco is just now offering support for this. This is a Bossier Parish/City of Bossier/Bossier City Council/Barksdale deal -- if she gets the glory for it, it will be a shame.

Think about how many of those 10,000 new jobs would come from (1) high quality people from other states and (2) high quality people who WOULD HAVE LEFT the state to have better opportunities!!!

IMO, this would truly SAVE Northwest LA (especially Shreveport, as I have grave concerns over its future). When you consider the prospects of I69, the Port, and this Cyber Command Center things could really start looking up!

The good news is that I'm hearing it's almost a done deal. The bad news is that we are in Louisiana and our politicians in BR will find a way to screw it up -- especially since it isn't in South LA.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

They are just now asking for it from the LEGISLATURE. The governor is just going to sign the bill. The folks getting the credit will be Barksdale & the Bossier Community.

Champ MattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the rough MattB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    Blanco is just now offering support for this. This is a Bossier Parish/City of Bossier/Bossier City Council/Barksdale deal -- if she gets the glory for it, it will be a shame.

Think about how many of those 10,000 new jobs would come from (1) high quality people from other states and (2) high quality people who WOULD HAVE LEFT the state to have better opportunities!!!

IMO, this would truly SAVE Northwest LA (especially Shreveport, as I have grave concerns over its future). When you consider the prospects of I69, the Port, and this Cyber Command Center things could really start looking up!

The good news is that I'm hearing it's almost a done deal. The bad news is that we are in Louisiana and our politicians in BR will find a way to screw it up -- especially since it isn't in South LA.
    Good post. You can thank mainly bossier parish/city/etc. for this when(:icon_wink it goes through. Also, I can assure you the local leaders of Bossier really did not want to put any of this in the hands of BR, but unfortunatly it was a necc. evil. They hammered out the details up here before BR could jack it up. Good job to the Bossier crew (police jury, mayor, council, BAFB, etc.)

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

I have heard grumbling about this project being moved to Texas. The theory is that Bush wants to have it in his home state. Is there any truth to this?

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    I have heard grumbling about this project being moved to Texas. The theory is that Bush wants to have it in his home state. Is there any truth to this?
    I heard that recently too, although what I heard had nothing to do with the President. I hope this isn't true...

Article from the AF times with some more details:

http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/20...ndjobs_070602/

Sounds like the major competition is from Nebraska.

Varsity Bulldog Gunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her game Gunslinger's Avatar

I will never put Louisiana past losing ANYTHING to Texas. However, unlike in the past when companies would locate in Longview to be under Texas taxes and yet use Shreveport's resources, this is not a manufacturing industry (they lack taxable inventories)! Louisiana absolutely screws "blue collar" companies with our taxes and "white collar" companies don't view our area in that positive of a light either, so to land a project of this magnitude is huge! I really think that this could change alot of things in our entire area!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    I will never put Louisiana past losing ANYTHING to Texas. However, unlike in the past when companies would locate in Longview to be under Texas taxes and yet use Shreveport's resources, this is not a manufacturing industry (they lack taxable inventories)! Louisiana absolutely screws "blue collar" companies with our taxes and "white collar" companies don't view our area in that positive of a light either, so to land a project of this magnitude is huge! I really think that this could change alot of things in our entire area!

Also, it sounds like this project is already being controlled by the 8th Air Force, which is headquartered out of Barksdale.

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?storyID=123030505

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgcrazy View Post
    I heard that recently too, although what I heard had nothing to do with the President. I hope this isn't true...
    Some bleeding heart told me, so it doesn't surprise me they wanted to spin it like it was all Bush's fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9701Dawg View Post
    Also, it sounds like this project is already being controlled by the 8th Air Force, which is headquartered out of Barksdale.

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?storyID=123030505
    GOOD!

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Beware of any politician that talks about 10,000 jobs. They have proven they know two things about business:

1. If the revenue is down from your taxes - raise taxes (if your sales are off- raise your price and everything will be ok!)

2. The only jobs they really know how to create are more government jobs.

Its good that Bossier is stepping up and not waiting on Baton Rouge. There is also some very strong competition from Arnold Air Base in Tennessee.

+ Reply to Thread