+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AF Command Center in Shreveport/Bossier

Champ MattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the rough MattB's Avatar

Re: AF Command Center in Shreveport/Bossier

I think we will be OK on this one guys.:icon_wink: Look for an anoucement in about a week and a half to two weeks.

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MattB View Post
    I think we will be OK on this one guys.:icon_wink: Look for an anoucement in about a week and a half to two weeks.

Seriously? This is excellent news!

Champ MattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the rough MattB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9701Dawg View Post
    Seriously? This is excellent news!
    Yup, talked to somebody in the thick of it a few days ago, and looks to be a done deal. Unless something crazy goes down, it's ours.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

The impact on the whole economic community would be huge.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Should this be on the recruiting forum? We wouldn't want it stolen out from under us by some of these other communities that think they still have a chance.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I am keeping my fingers crossed as well. I would love to jump ship to this project if there are any good opportunities. I am sure they will need accounting people as well.

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I am keeping my fingers crossed as well. I would love to jump ship to this project if there are any good opportunities. I am sure they will need accounting people as well.

It would be great for Shv/Bos if the command center brings companies like these to open offices in the area:

Lockheed Martin Corp; Boeing Co.; Northrop Grumman Corp.; Raytheon Co.; and General Dynamics Corp.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

This would be huge for keeping some of those great Tech graduates in the area.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

The paper is mentioning a few competitors today. I really would be nice for Bossier to get it. Bossier is growing so fast now, but 10,000 new jobs will bring in lots more people to the area. It will be interesting to see what Bossier City would look like after that. It is certainly not the place it was when I was young.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

I wish all the luck to Bossier City and Barksdale AFB in this project. Not being aware of any of the political maneuvers that might have gone on, I think San Antonio would be the big front runner on this. San Antonio has a long history in this area and a significant work force that fit this type of work to a T. I sincerely hope that Tech can benefit from this if it goes to BAFB since Tech grads have been working in these areas for some time.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    I wish all the luck to Bossier City and Barksdale AFB in this project. Not being aware of any of the political maneuvers that might have gone on, I think San Antonio would be the big front runner on this. San Antonio has a long history in this area and a significant work force that fit this type of work to a T. I sincerely hope that Tech can benefit from this if it goes to BAFB since Tech grads have been working in these areas for some time.
    Actually the only competitor mentioned in the article today is Nebraska. Apparently the others are not seriously being considered at this time - but, in politics everything is subject to change.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

I used to work in a related field here in San Antonio till I retired. Trust me, the size of the work force in that field here is significant. There was a post theorizing that GWB was pulling political strings to get the jobs in Texas. The jobs they are talking about are probably already here. If it does move to BAFB, there will probably be a few folks moving from San Antonio to Bossier City. I think Tech could benefit from this if it does go to BAFB as the jobs will require a significant amount of continuing education in technical fields.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    I used to work in a related field here in San Antonio till I retired. Trust me, the size of the work force in that field here is significant. There was a post theorizing that GWB was pulling political strings to get the jobs in Texas. The jobs they are talking about are probably already here. If it does move to BAFB, there will probably be a few folks moving from San Antonio to Bossier City. I think Tech could benefit from this if it does go to BAFB as the jobs will require a significant amount of continuing education in technical fields.
    Oh, I am not doubting you. I am just saying from the articles I have seen they just are on the sidelines watching and hoping - not really a consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    Oh, I am not doubting you. I am just saying from the articles I have seen they just are on the sidelines watching and hoping - not really a consideration.
    We've got this thing in the bag if the State politicans would just stay out of it and let Bossier handle it. I am telling you, I don't know how in the hell this State has not fell into the ocean with current crew running the helm in BR. I will give details after it is said and done, but we have some grade A+ morons down there.(not a surprise to most, but this is my first time dealing with some of them)

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MattB View Post
    We've got this thing in the bag if the State politicans would just stay out of it and let Bossier handle it. I am telling you, I don't know how in the hell this State has not fell into the ocean with current crew running the helm in BR. I will give details after it is said and done, but we have some grade A+ morons down there.(not a surprise to most, but this is my first time dealing with some of them)
    Let me guess, are they trying to make the US Air Force buy LSU a new mascot?

+ Reply to Thread