+ Reply to Thread

Thread: History of BB&B

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

History of BB&B

When did Bulldog Barks and Bytes start? Who were the founder and pioneers of this wonderful board...I know it spawn from the delphiforums board.

I want to say thanks to the ppl who kept this running. You guys give me something to do at work. If I spend less time on BB&B, I would be a very productive worker.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Re: History of BB&B

dawgbytes ran the delphiboard, from feb 1998 to nov 02:

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/member.php?u=1258

before 1998, it was somewhere else, maybe dawgbytes can tell us.

chris, dwayne, joey, and monty (im i leaving off anyone? sorry!) decided to start this forum, which is in its 2nd or 3rd phase. it was at the end f 02 when they started it.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAY View Post

chris, dwayne, joey, and monty (im i leaving off anyone? sorry!) decided to start this forum, which is in its 2nd or 3rd phase. it was at the end f 02 when they started it.
    Thanks, but I've just been along for the ride. Not much help (none) from me.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    When did Bulldog Barks and Bytes start? Who were the founder and pioneers of this wonderful board...I know it spawn from the delphiforums board.

I want to say thanks to the ppl who kept this running. You guys give me something to do at work. If I spend less time on BB&B, I would be a very productive worker.
    Q,

Here's a link to the "Old School" BB&B, created by Dawgbytes. I used to lurk on this page just to get articles, but never signed the guest book like VegasDawg (formerly ShreveDawg). This is a site that was created shortly after Al Gore invented the internet. You can make a good guess about the age of the site based on the "SunBelt Conference" link...

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Track/4094/latech/

Then, sometime in the mid to late 90s, someone created a "bulletin board" at www.CustomForums.com/dawgbytes

I joined the CustomForums board sometime toward the end of the 97-98 football season (I can't recall an exact date) and joined the Delphi board shortly after, whenever CustomForums got bought out by Delphi. Some guy named DwayneW1 was all over those boards talking about how we needed to change our handling of money in the athletic department. I guess Reneau finally came across some of those posts and used them to conjur up the 2020 plan.

In 2002, Delphi started charging a membership fee, and most of us paid it just to satisfy our addiction, but Dwayne, TDF, and a few others decided to put this site up and maintain it free of charge, so that everyone could keep up with Tech Athletics. Before moving to this site, we were the most visited message board on all of Delphi.

We probably don't thank the admins enough, but maintaining a site like this is not terribly easy and they do a great job....and their salaries suck. Thanks to Dawgbytes for being the "visionary" who created this monster, and thanks to the admins for keeping it running.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    Thanks to Dawgbytes for being the "visionary" who created this monster, and thanks to the admins for keeping it running.
    Dawgbytes is the GODFATHER of BB&B....

And every transition made from Delphi was with his blessing - we all bowed down and kissed the ring sealing each deal....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

My claim to fame is that I was one of the first 20 to sign up on BB&B. I think it was March of 1996.
    Go Tech!

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaDawg View Post
    My claim to fame is that I was one of the first 20 to sign up on BB&B. I think it was March of 1996.

Truly a sad existance.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAY View Post

I don't rank in that company, either. I was a latecomer. I thank those who had the vision and abilities to get this thing rolling.

Champ GrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaDawg View Post
    i first heard of it in 99 when Tech came to Tallahassee to play the Noles. i've been mostly lurking (since i have a lot of family that went to Tech), but occasionally throwing my 2 cents in ever since.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrassyNoleHitman View Post
    i first heard of it in 99 when Tech came to Tallahassee to play the Noles. i've been mostly lurking (since i have a lot of family that went to Tech), but occasionally throwing my 2 cents in ever since.
    ...and you continue to have the most creative name on the board. Even if you aren't all BLUE.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrassyNoleHitman View Post
    Now that you are in Little Rock, can we expect you at a few games this year? How many FSU games do you think you will make?

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Now that you are in Little Rock, can we expect you at a few games this year? How many FSU games do you think you will make?
    If he comes to some TECH games, I'm sure that us BBB members can give him at least his first few games worth of tickets. Sounds like he's well respected here.

..... after a while he'll have to buy his own though. :icon_wink: (hey, we need the numbers)

Champ GrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    of course i'll make a few games. I already have my season tickets lined up! ok...so i'm cheating. my dad has been a season ticket holder for a long time.

i doubt i'll make it to tallahassee for any FSU games. too long to drive, and too expensive to fly there for a game. if I had any vacation time left in the year I would consider making a trip to Boston College, Colorado, or Maryland (DC) for an away game, but since i have no vacation time left that is not a possibility. I'm looking at the schedules. I'll probably be at the UCA, UH, and NMSU games. SJSU is a possibility (depending on how FSU and Maryland are doing...they play that day) I REALLY hope that the FSU-UM game is a noon game so i can watch it while tailgating for the Boise State game, otherwise i may have to skip that game. (sorry guys)

+ Reply to Thread