+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gotta say that I agree . . .

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Gotta say that I agree . . .

“Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Puppy Good Dog33 is an unknown Good Dog33's Avatar

Re: Gotta say that I agree . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    I agree too. Let's play'em every other year. I remember some great games and crowds in the eighties. It was hard to see over those Flock of Seagulls hair doos but great none the less.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Gotta say, I don't. Lee, I thought you were creating a La Tech homer site. That has to be the worst thing I've ever seen. If you want to kiss ULM rear, please don't do it under the guise of a Tech site.

Looks like Lee was found out fabricating a rumor of Staub demanding an all or none stipulation, so now, he's trying to cover his tracks. Sorry that your scheme of scaring Tech into playing ULM didn't work. Next time, why don't you just talk to JOakes about it instead of making up stories.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Ditto -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Good Dog33 View Post
    I agree too. Let's play'em every other year. I remember some great games and crowds in the eighties. It was hard to see over those Flock of Seagulls hair doos but great none the less.
    Yeah, and that was over 20 years ago. Different times, different programs and different circumstances. The best thing for Tech is to forget about ULM and the high schoolish rivalry it represents. The fact that we still have so many fans clamoring for a Tech/ULM game makes me wonder if we will ever get to where we want to be. We sure won't if the locals can't get past the past and look to the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Ditto -
    What are you dittoing?

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

"Pretty logical in my book. Tech and ULM both win if they play. The fans win and the schools win."

A win for ULM. This is why this game should NEVER happen. ULM should not be allowed to gain a foothold, when they are hanging by a thread.

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Yeah, and that was over 20 years ago. Different times, different programs and different circumstances. The best thing for Tech is to forget about ULM and the high schoolish rivalry it represents. The fact that we still have so many fans clamoring for a Tech/ULM game makes me wonder if we will ever get to where we want to be. We sure won't if the locals can't get past the past and look to the future.
    Me too. I'm sure many of these "fans" would love to see us in the sun belt where the only think to look forward to each year is the I-20 "rivalry".

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Ditto -
    d.f.m. is a d.h.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Until we start averging a true 22,000+ for home conference games and non-conference games in Ruston - we SHOULD be playing the juco -

Like it or not THEY ARE the best draw we have in Ruston - PERIOD - no ifs and or butts -

PLAY THEM, BEAT THEM and their fans shut up - but ours still go to the games -

They put butts in the seats and money in the coffers -

The trick is working out agreeable terms on the return game -

BTW - we should add the Cajuns on alternating years....

I'm telling ya'll the ONLY way we will get TRUE separation from the pack is to play them and beat them on a CONSISTENT basis -

Truthfully - I don't think last year's team in bsketball or football would have faired well against them and this years team may not either -

Until we start averging a true 22,000+ for home conference games and non-conference games in Ruston - we SHOULD be playing the juco -

Like it or not THEY ARE the best draw we have in Ruston - PERIOD - no ifs and or butts -

PLAY THEM, BEAT THEM and their fans shut up - but ours still go to the games -

They put butts in the seats and money in the coffers -

The trick is working out agreeable terms on the return game -

But we won't be able to work out agreeable terms. That's the whole problem. Nothing we do will ever please them and it will always be our fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    But we won't be able to work out agreeable terms. That's the whole problem. Nothing we do will ever please them and it will always be our fault.
    I don't believe that -

What we proposed to them earlier was NOT an equitable plan -

It has to be equitable - not slanted to either team one way or another - has to be where the TEAM that sales the tickets gets the most benefit - especially if its your fans buying the tickets to the away game -

Look - we have 3 years to make hay - and that means putting butts in the seats for ballgames - this series is where it should start - along with A&M, CLEMSON, BOISE, HAWAII and FRESNO -

Right now - ULM outdraws BOISE, HAWAII & FRESNO and only lags behins A&M & CLEMSON -

It just makes FISCAL sense to play them -

Champ theinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her game

My story about Flipping the Switch is accurate and I have sources. They have considered many options which is what I was pointing out that they were considering it and it was getting some talk around town and gaining momentum. I stand by the story.

BTW - we should add the Cajuns on alternating years....

I'm telling ya'll the ONLY way we will get TRUE separation from the pack is to play them and beat them on a CONSISTENT basis -

Truthfully - I don't think last year's team in bsketball or football would have faired well against them and this years team may not either -
    I say BS. You mean to tell me that if we follow our plan and consistently compete for the WAC title and make some top tier bowls and beat our competition in those bowls as well as consistently beating BCS teams, that you honestly believe we won't have true separation unless we're also beating a couple of 6-6 UL Sunbelt teams? Is that what you're saying?

Look I can see the argument for playing ULM for the next two years while Dooley is getting us to where we need to be, but if we still need ULM at the gate in 3 years, we better drop back down to 1aa, or whatever it's called now, and focus on basketball or even do away with athletics as a whole.

Once again, I can see the reasoning behind playing ULM for immediate attendance numbers, but what I have a problem with is all these people wanting to play ULM for "old time's sake". It's not how it used to be. The landscape of college athletics has changed. It's time to grow up and think nationally instead of locally.

+ Reply to Thread