+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gotta say that I agree . . .

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

Re: Gotta say that I agree . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Lee, I thought you were creating a La Tech homer site. That has to be the worst thing I've ever seen. If you want to kiss ULM rear, please don't do it under the guise of a Tech site.

Looks like Lee was found out fabricating a rumor of Staub demanding an all or none stipulation, so now, he's trying to cover his tracks. Sorry that your scheme of scaring Tech into playing ULM didn't work. Next time, why don't you just talk to JOakes about it instead of making up stories.
    I am glad to see someone else saying what I have been thinking. I really appreciate the effort and level of work required to run that site, but I quit reading it several weeks ago.

Lee, if you would like to get me reading it again, then start writing some stuff that people within the athletic department actually say and attribute it to them. I got tired real quick of trying to discern what was pure speculation on your part and what had any substance to it.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

play them every other year, as our 13th game, in years where we play @ hawaii.

4 wac home games every year. 8 total.

1 southland/swac school @ home every year. 9th game.

home/away with ull/unt/asu every year. 10th game.

2 bcs schools every year as part of 1 for 1 or 2 for 1 deals. no money games. 11th and 12th game.

13th game would be ulm on even number years.

we can have a winning season every year with that schedule with a chance to have a great year. it is still tougher than boise when they play one bcs team a year.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Once again, I can see the reasoning behind playing ULM for immediate attendance numbers, but what I have a problem with is all these people wanting to play ULM for "old time's sake". It's not how it used to be. The landscape of college athletics has changed. It's time to grow up and think nationally instead of locally.

i think we should play them every couple of years. if we did the 20,000/10,000 deal, i know we can sell almost all of our 20,000 tickets in ruston and almost all of our 10,000 in monroe.

they wont be able to, but thats their problem.

Champ theinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her game

I am not trying to scare anyone into playing anyone-what an ignorant and sad reach. I will say that I stand by the story and my sources are solid. The one thing that may happen in this case is that no ultimatum will be issued because this exposed the speculation in the first place so it is just the opposite of what some are saying. If you think both sides are not aware of the issue that I raised when I heard the speculation was mounting--- then think again.

Also I just report what I hear to keep many people updated and informed without negativity. I offer my take on matters to simply help provide information.

If you like it great...if not no problem. It is up to you... but I am not putting info on there to do anything but promote Tech and keep people current who may be out of town or really interested. Period. If you do not like the fact that we are promoting Tech on www.latechreport.com then we can simply disagree.

This site was suggested to me by a variety of Tech fans for a couple of years now who wanted something similar to Dandy Don's site for Tech. There have been people like Dirty who said it would not be anything different from the beginning but we will let the readers decide. There are probably plenty of folks who can find fault with any effort to support and promote Tech but I will keep on doing what I can because the emails and feedback has been extraordinary and has generated major traffic which tells me people are truly interested--not that they agree or even disagree but they are interested in Tech.

That is what the site is all about: Promoting Tech in a positive manner. Supporting Louisiana Tech is a passion and something I enjoy doing which I make no apologies about and ask everyone to do.

We are getting ready to go into full push on season ticket sales so I hope folks will consider buying season tickets too.

i appreciate your website, it is a good positive outlet for tech. thats why i mentioned it in my letter to the editor. i also tried to suck up to them a little, because if you are too negative, you wont get your point across. (i also understand dirtydawg when he says we shouldnt suck up too much, we are tech people)

we should also play them in basketball. dwaynes idea that was talked about on fox and co. is a no brainer.

tech, ulm, grambling and either centenary or northwesten st as the 4th team. alternate who gets the games between monroe, ruston, and gramblings new arena.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Look I can see the argument for playing ULM for the next two years while Dooley is getting us to where we need to be, but if we still need ULM at the gate in 3 years, we better drop back down to 1aa, or whatever it's called now, and focus on basketball or even do away with athletics as a whole.

Once again, I can see the reasoning behind playing ULM for immediate attendance numbers, but what I have a problem with is all these people wanting to play ULM for "old time's sake". It's not how it used to be. The landscape of college athletics has changed. It's time to grow up and think nationally instead of locally.
    Amen Dirty...you're spot on. Not to mention tha tthe attendence would take a serious hit after a while. I like Jay's idea to play them when we have a 13th game. Let us sell 10,000 tickets and it's a done deal.

But, I don't think ULM would EVER do that.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theinsider View Post
    Also I just report what I hear to keep many people updated and informed without negativity. I offer my take on matters to simply help provide information.

If you like it great...if not no problem. It is up to you.
    I just wanted to let you know what I thought would help your reporting. I apologize if I offended you for stating it publicly.

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I don't believe that -

What we proposed to them earlier was NOT an equitable plan -

It has to be equitable - not slanted to either team one way or another - has to be where the TEAM that sales the tickets gets the most benefit - especially if its your fans buying the tickets to the away game -

Look - we have 3 years to make hay - and that means putting butts in the seats for ballgames - this series is where it should start - along with A&M, CLEMSON, BOISE, HAWAII and FRESNO -

Right now - ULM outdraws BOISE, HAWAII & FRESNO and only lags behins A&M & CLEMSON -

It just makes FISCAL sense to play them -
    DITTO!
    Go Tech!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theinsider View Post
    I am not trying to scare anyone into playing anyone-what an ignorant and sad reach. I will say that I stand by the story and my sources are solid. The one thing that may happen in this case is that no ultimatum will be issued because this exposed the speculation in the first place so it is just the opposite of what some are saying. If you think both sides are not aware of the issue that I raised when I heard the speculation was mounting--- then think again.

If you like it great...if not no problem. It is up to you... but I am not putting info on there to do anything but promote Tech and keep people current who may be out of town or really interested. Period. If you do not like the fact that we are promoting Tech on www.latechreport.com then we can simply disagree.

This site was suggested to me by a variety of Tech fans for a couple of years now who wanted something similar to Dandy Don's site for Tech. There have been people like Dirty who said it would not be anything different from the beginning but we will let the readers decide. There are probably plenty of folks who can find fault with any effort to support and promote Tech but I will keep on doing what I can because the emails and feedback has been extraordinary and has generated major traffic which tells me people are truly interested--not that they agree or even disagree but they are interested in Tech.

That is what the site is all about: Promoting Tech in a positive manner. Supporting Louisiana Tech is a passion and something I enjoy doing which I make no apologies about and ask everyone to do.

We are getting ready to go into full push on season ticket sales so I hope folks will consider buying season tickets too.
    Lee, I was one of the first to say that Tech needed a homer site like Dandy Don's when you said you were going to start it. And, when I have time, I read what you have to say. It just strikes me that your site isn't a Dandy Don type homeristic site. You kiss ULM's rear too much. I guess that's because you have to worry about your political ties in the area and your business ties as well. It's just that in this one opinion piece, you seemed to kiss ULM's rear so much, I was tempted to send you some Listerine spray. The little I've read of Dandy Don's site, he has never gushed over anybody other than LSU to the degree you do over ULM.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I don't believe that -

What we proposed to them earlier was NOT an equitable plan -

It has to be equitable - not slanted to either team one way or another - has to be where the TEAM that sales the tickets gets the most benefit - especially if its your fans buying the tickets to the away game -

Look - we have 3 years to make hay - and that means putting butts in the seats for ballgames - this series is where it should start - along with A&M, CLEMSON, BOISE, HAWAII and FRESNO -

Right now - ULM outdraws BOISE, HAWAII & FRESNO and only lags behins A&M & CLEMSON -

It just makes FISCAL sense to play them -
    Dwayne, I agree with what you say about things needing to be equitable and the ticket sales. However, I don't believe that ULM will agree to those terms after the first couple of games. I truly believe, that if they agree to those terms, it will be on a 2 game, maybe 4 game, deal. Then, when we beat the crap out of them and they don't draw like they thought they would and see Tech making all this money playing at their stadium when they barely get anything from their own fans, they will want to change the terms and whine to the press that we're being unfair by making more money at their stadium than they are. To really make it equitable, we should divide concessions as well. Let Tech run the concessions on their side of the stadium and ULM on their side. Each school gets the take from what its side brings in.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

ULM won't sign anything but a traditional one for one.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    If that's true, then you send the media a copy of the deal you offered to sign.

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

Yes, this is a homer site. It was designed to be, and Lee never advertised it as anything but a homer site.

Should we play ULM and ULL? Yes, we should. Why? Because playing the UCA, SFA, and Delta States's of the world freakin' sucks! I hate playing these schools more than I hate playing ULL and ULM.

Replace the Nicholls State game in 2006 with ULM

In 2000, we played Mississippi Valley State and SFA in the same year! WHAT THE !

Sure, schedule ULM for a game in Ruston for 2008 and ULL for 2009. One and done. If they attendance reaches a certain threshold, say 24,000 fans, then schedule them again. One and done.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post

ok, say we pay them $250,000 to come here. we have to sell 10,000 tickets to their fans to make that money up, or since they wont bring that many, we have to sell them to more of our fans.

they know we will bring 10,000 people to monroe. thats what they are counting on.

i still say they have to be the 13th game every other year because they wont bring enough fans to ruston on a consistent basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    If that's true, then you send the media a copy of the deal you offered to sign.
    I agree.

+ Reply to Thread