+ Reply to Thread

Thread: latechreport: Reneau

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

latechreport: Reneau

http://www.latechreport.com/archives...07&id=94#story

"It is sad at times past to hear people get riled up and say such talk when they really do not know what they are talking about and are upset with losing a football game or basketball game or both. I hate to lose in any sport but it is not something to slam Dan Reneau about week in and week out as many have done for the past few years.

As a matter of fact, Dr. Reneau has shown leadership in the hiring of Derek Dooley and Kerry Rupp. He also has a major plan in place that is working. We have to be patient and put in our own support too."

Yes, Reneau has shown tremendous leadership in the last several months.

The big picture was that he had turned his back on athletics for years. It was not a few losses that had people calling for his head, it was his total neglect for athletics.

Like it or not, it was the public outcry of fans that finally embarrassed him to the point of doing something about it. You see what he is doing now, it would have never happened if everyone continued to let things ride the way they had been going.

Karl Malone offered his "deal" to tech LAST year, it was not taken. It took a total turnaround by Dr. Reneau for us to take Karl up on his very generous offer.

This is a great time to be a Tech fan, but please do not throw the negative crowd under the bus. If it was not for us, you would still be talking about how great Keith Richard and Jack Bicknell were.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Re: latechreport: Reneau

Quote Originally Posted by JAY View Post

The big picture was that he had turned his back on athletics for years. It was not a few losses that had people calling for his head, it was his total neglect for athletics.

Like it or not, it was the public outcry of fans that finally embarrassed him to the point of doing something about it. You see what he is doing now, it would have never happened if everyone continued to let things ride the way they had been going.

Karl Malone offered his "deal" to tech LAST year, it was not taken. It took a total turnaround by Dr. Reneau for us to take Karl up on his very generous offer.

This is a great time to be a Tech fan, but please do not throw the negative crowd under the bus. If it was not for us, you would still be talking about how great Keith Richard and Jack Bicknell were.
    Bingo!!

Excellent post, Jay.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Ditto Jay. I echo all of your comments.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

I too am grateful for the sudden strong commitment exhibited by our President in recent months to Louisiana Tech Athletics. I come from the thought of, "Better late than never." I really am not interested at all in rehashing all of the negative aspects of Tech athletics but, like ALL of our BB&Bers, READY to move to the 2020 goals. I also would really LOVE to know what the Tech 2020 Plan is for Tech athletics.

We are being told again & again that because our President has stepped up with great hires & immediate facilities improvements, that we must step up as well with our contributions. I buy that & I think most of you do as well &, without KNOWING the specific increase in CHAMPS giving in recent months, I would feel comfortable in saying that the increase has been in double digits (%) & perhaps even in triple digits. I personally know of many contributors in recent days that have given to CHAMPS, some in a very significant way, that have NEVER given in the past. IF we ever see a current record of ACCURATE CHAMPS GIVING, I really believe that we will all be most impressed.

Now, there is another part of this equation and, you guessed it, it involves our President. We are going to GIVE & GIVE & GIVE. We Tech fans are going to hold up our end of the deal. BUT, it is way past time for our athletic administration to HELP US by maximizing the revenue opportunities inherit in our athletic programs. I know you are sick of hearing me say this but I will continue to repeat it over & over again. There is money to be made to support our giving in ticket sales, concessions, souvenir sales, parking, naming rights, licensing, radio & television, along with potential bowl & tournament revenue. There are corporate sponsors out there frothing at the mouth to join what they KNOW is going to be a special period of time in Tech athletics. There are specific big game sponsors just waiting to be asked, like so many of our individuals have been waiting to be asked. IF, IF, IF we will hire a corp of BUSINESSMEN to MANAGE our athletic program, we will NAIL our Tech 2020 vision, whatever that vision may be. AND, the TIME to bring these people on board is YESTERDAY!!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

"It is sad at times past to hear people get riled up and say such talk when they really do not know what they are talking about and are upset with losing a football game or basketball game or both. I hate to lose in any sport but it is not something to slam Dan Reneau about week in and week out as many have done for the past few years.

As a matter of fact, Dr. Reneau has shown leadership in the hiring of Derek Dooley and Kerry Rupp. He also has a major plan in place that is working. We have to be patient and put in our own support too."

I'm glad you got to it before I did. I probably wouldn't have been as eloquent or congenial. Excellent post.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14 View Post
    There is money to be made to support our giving in ticket sales, concessions, souvenir sales, parking, naming rights, licensing, radio & television, along with potential bowl & tournament revenue. There are corporate sponsors out there frothing at the mouth to join what they KNOW is going to be a special period of time in Tech athletics. There are specific big game sponsors just waiting to be asked, like so many of our individuals have been waiting to be asked. IF, IF, IF we will hire a corp of BUSINESSMEN to MANAGE our athletic program, we will NAIL our Tech 2020 vision, whatever that vision may be. AND, the TIME to bring these people on board is YESTERDAY!!

ding ding ding

we have a winner.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I too am grateful for the sudden strong commitment exhibited by our President in recent months to Louisiana Tech Athletics. I come from the thought of, "Better late than never." I really am not interested at all in rehashing all of the negative aspects of Tech athletics but, like ALL of our BB&Bers, READY to move to the 2020 goals. I also would really LOVE to know what the Tech 2020 Plan is for Tech athletics.

We are being told again & again that because our President has stepped up with great hires & immediate facilities improvements, that we must step up as well with our contributions. I buy that & I think most of you do as well &, without KNOWING the specific increase in CHAMPS giving in recent months, I would feel comfortable in saying that the increase has been in double digits (%) & perhaps even in triple digits. I personally know of many contributors in recent days that have given to CHAMPS, some in a very significant way, that have NEVER given in the past. IF we ever see a current record of ACCURATE CHAMPS GIVING, I really believe that we will all be most impressed.

Now, there is another part of this equation and, you guessed it, it involves our President. We are going to GIVE & GIVE & GIVE. We Tech fans are going to hold up our end of the deal. BUT, it is way past time for our athletic administration to HELP US by maximizing the revenue opportunities inherit in our athletic programs. I know you are sick of hearing me say this but I will continue to repeat it over & over again. There is money to be made to support our giving in ticket sales, concessions, souvenir sales, parking, naming rights, licensing, radio & television, along with potential bowl & tournament revenue. There are corporate sponsors out there frothing at the mouth to join what they KNOW is going to be a special period of time in Tech athletics. There are specific big game sponsors just waiting to be asked, like so many of our individuals have been waiting to be asked. IF, IF, IF we will hire a corp of BUSINESSMEN to MANAGE our athletic program, we will NAIL our Tech 2020 vision, whatever that vision may be. AND, the TIME to bring these people on board is YESTERDAY!!
    I'm not tired of hearing you say it coach. There is an old Jonathan Swift quote that one of my coworkers keeps in his desk. It says, "No preacher is listened to but time, which gives us the same train and turn of thought that elder people have in vain tried to put into our heads before."

Of course, I would never refer to you as "elder people" except in the most respectul way. Keep preaching and eventually someone will listen. If we get a new AD, I would suggest that you approach him with the same plan you proposed to Dr. Reneau several years ago. Now that we are looking at getting more sponsors, your ideas are very timely.

It's funny how that works....when the department needs money, guys like you suddenly look a whole lot smarter.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

You are so kind to an old Blue Hair Stray. So kind, & I appreciate it. In my humble opinion, we are on the verge of the next "Golden Age of Tech Athletics." Some very important pieces are now in place. Our supreme leader has seen the light & is acting accordingly. Our fan base along with our entire alum base is being re-energized. Our people are responding in ways we have not seen in many years. We are all HUNGRY to match our academic success with athletic success. We have a GREAT, GREAT university that DESERVES success in every area in which she participates. We are now down to plugging in some of the most vital pieces of our puzzle that can go a long way in determining our ultimate success. I suppose that I am just a bit impatient in seeing these final parts plugged in------all systems go. When you get my age, you do come to realize that time is not on your side and consequently adopt the philosophy that, THE TIME IS NOW! Thank you Stray for being such an encouragement to me & all of the rest of us.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

You are so kind to an old Blue Hair Stray. So kind, & I appreciate it. In my humble opinion, we are on the verge of the next "Golden Age of Tech Athletics." Some very important pieces are now in place. Our supreme leader has seen the light & is acting accordingly. Our fan base along with our entire alum base is being re-energized. Our people are responding in ways we have not seen in many years. We are all HUNGRY to match our academic success with athletic success. We have a GREAT, GREAT university that DESERVES success in every area in which she participates. We are now down to plugging in some of the most vital pieces of our puzzle that can go a long way in determining our ultimate success. I suppose that I am just a bit impatient in seeing these final parts plugged in------all systems go. When you get my age, you do come to realize that time is not on your side and consequently adopt the philosophy that, THE TIME IS NOW! Thank you Stray for being such an encouragement to me & all of the rest of us.
    The thing that really fires me up about it, is that he didn't see the light sooner when I was in a position to help financially.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    The thing that really fires me up about it, is that he didn't see the light sooner when I was in a position to help financially.
    you mean pre'wedding??? :icon_wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    you mean pre'wedding??? :icon_wink:
    no comment.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Great Post!

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Big Mick for AD. I know you don't want it Mick, but I think that if we can create an advisory type position for Karl in MBB that we should be able to come up with something similar in football. Its a shame to see someone, with so much experience and so much passion for his alma mater who could really make a difference, sit on the sidelines. Just another example of our administration not utilizing available resources.

66--Karl is a YOUNG MAN. We NEED capable, experienced, qualified, aggressive, & thoughtful YOUNG MEN & WOMEN administering our athletic program & there are hundreds of them out there (now asst. AD's @ BCS schools all over the USA) just waiting for an opportunity like we currently have. Thank you for the thought--us BLUE HAIRS need to stick together!

+ Reply to Thread