+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I like the Red!!!!

Big Dog BOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the rough

I like the Red!!!!

I became a Tech fan in 97......so I can say that I've never seen the Red jerseys......Pretty nice!!!! I wouldn't mind seeing those brought back....

http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs...706100338/1006

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Re: I like the Red!!!!

That's a great article. The red jerseys are pretty good...I'm not sure why we don't wear them anymore.

But, I am glad to see that Willie will enter the HOF as a Saint. I wasn't expecting that.
    Last edited by StrayDawg; 06-10-2007 at 12:29 PM.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

I have one with a certain number on it. A real La. Tech jersey used in practice. I might have to auction it for the next BBB fundraiser. I'll reveal more at a later date. No it's not my Terry B. auto. jersey but it's still pretty cool. Stray, it's the same number you and your cousin put on his dad's golfcart (if I remember the story right). I had a buddy snag it and then give it to me as a reward for a "favor".
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    That's a great article. The red jerseys are pretty good...I'm not sure why we don't wear them anymore.

But, I am glad to see that Willie will enter the HOF as a Saint. I wasn't expecting that.

NO. Everybody in the country wears red. We have made a conscious decision to "Back the Blue" and try to get our fans to wear blue to the games "Real Tech Fans Wear Blue"...the last thing Tech needs to do is to confuse the crowd by showing up in red.

Tech's color scheme should always be PRIMARY Reflex Blue, secondary Red. We've had 40 years of mish-mesh RED dominate, columbia barfy-blue dominate, 50/50 ...never sure what we wanted to be known for...and finally we settle on a GREAT COLOR scheme: REFLEX BLUE with red trim...let's not confuse the fanbase anymore.

Next thing you know some of y'all will see a throw-back retro 80's jersey and start pining for Columbia blue to make a comeback. BLAH!:bigcry:

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I'd love it if Nike would make us some throw-backs to wear for special occasions.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Yeah, we could break it out for really special games. Like the irish do with that funky green they wear.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

maybe we could wear the throw-backs that are red with columbia blue for the ulm games (if played)... they want to live in the past so much, why not complete the memory?

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Here you go Boston. I posted a video clip (albeit low quality) of the win over UL-Laf in 1990 on YouTube with the red jerseys. Off Coord Pat Tilley, TE coach Mike Barber, Jason Davis, William Roaf, Bobby Slaughter, Eddie Brown, Eric Shaw, Demise Loyd, Doug Evans, and Artie Smith are in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrfOGKPb3Dk

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Man that was a fun year.

Champ bulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the rough bulldog_in_baton_rouge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Here you go Boston. I posted a video clip (albeit low quality) of the win over UL-Laf in 1990 on YouTube with the red jerseys. Off Coord Pat Tilley, TE coach Mike Barber, Jason Davis, William Roaf, Bobby Slaughter, Eddie Brown, Eric Shaw, Demise Loyd, Doug Evans, and Artie Smith are in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrfOGKPb3Dk
    Wow. The Bulldogs were some BA's back then, weren't they. You don't really appreciate how miserable things had recently gotten until you see a reminder like that one. The energy and excitement was definitely there.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

He's taking courses in California but hopes to return to Tech to finish up and graduate. When he's not hitting the books, Roaf also spends time with his four children and travels.
    Did no one else notice this?

Puppy indian71201 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeindian71201 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeindian71201 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeindian71201 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeindian71201 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeindian71201 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeindian71201 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeindian71201 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeindian71201 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeindian71201 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeindian71201 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    Somebody clear me up on this. What determines the team a player enters the HOF with?

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I'd love it if Nike would make us some throw-backs to wear for special occasions.

we need to be selling replica blue and white jerseys already.

we could have red jerseys and columbia blue jerseys to pull out for homecoming every now and then and then sell them in the team shop the rest of the year. have the players autograph the jersey they wore in the game, then you could sell it for more.

Varsity Bulldog bigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nice bigwagee's Avatar

A player enters the HOF for the NFL as just a player not from a team.

Varsity Bulldog techfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nice techfreak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigwagee View Post
    A player enters the HOF for the NFL as just a player not from a team.
    Not true. There is ALWAYS a big debate over what team a player will represent when he goes into the HOF.

While I have never been to Canton or Cooperstown to see the HOF busts and plaques, I do know that it is very important to teams and fans whether a player represents your team or another.

The biggest question recently was whose hat will Roger Clemens wear when he enters the Hall. NY Yankees? Boston? Houston??? Same thing with Nolan Ryan. Would he be an Astro? A Met? A Ranger?

While Willie spent the best of his years with the Saints, he left as a Chief. Roaf going is anything BUT a Saint would have been as bad as Emmitt going in as anything BUT a Cowboy.

TF

+ Reply to Thread