+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RUMOR: Target in Ruston?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: RUMOR: Target in Ruston?

I agree with some that Target won't survive in Ruston...due to current population and Wal-Mart

What I wish be done is more investment in downtown Ruston..local dining and entertainment would be nice. I hope one day we can see a big push to revitalize the area...example el dorado. Things I would like to see Ruston do first about downtown...bury the electric line, install brick paved street, and landscape (plant trees, bushes, etc).

I don't know how many of you been to fredericksburg, tx...it's something that I wish Ruston would look like.

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I agree with some that Target won't survive in Ruston...due to current population and Wal-Mart

What I wish be done is more investment in downtown Ruston..local dining and entertainment would be nice. I hope one day we can see a big push to revitalize the area...example el dorado. Things I would like to see Ruston do first about downtown...bury the electric line, install brick paved street, and landscape (plant trees, bushes, etc).

I don't know how many of you been to fredericksburg, tx...it's something that I wish Ruston would look like.
    AND have the campus connected with downtown.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9701Dawg View Post
    AND have the campus connected with downtown.
    That should always be an on going progress with Tech and Ruston...i hope one day the TXI (texas industries) concrete plant will be moved on the outer limit of the city.

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

That should always be an on going progress with Tech and Ruston...i hope one day the TXI (texas industries) concrete plant will be moved on the outer limit of the city.
    Tech could probably invoke eminent domain to get it out of the way.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Things I would like to see Ruston do first about downtown...bury the electric line, install brick paved street, and landscape (plant trees, bushes, etc).

they have been talking about doing that for years. hasnt happened yet.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

I'm opening a sushi bar in Ruston if no one else does in the next 2-3 years. No need for hibachi, just a few on-hand sushi artists, a nice liquor selection, and some cute hostesses.

I cannot fathom why no one has done this yet. Tokyo gets SO MUCH BUSINESS from Ruston.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

they plan on buying the property and offering them a place on mcdonald or famerville st areas.

plans i saw a few years ago had tech wanting to build a nice entrance into tech coming in from arizona st. the txi plant would have to go in order for that to work. tech has bought just about all the property in between txi and the engineering building.

i had also looked at plans for a nice green area between keeny circle and first baptist. i dont know how much they have purchased or still plan to purchase between louisiana and texas streets, but i thought it was a great idea.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    lets do lunch :icon_wink:

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    Monroe's getting a BB
    I'd rather it be a Circuit City.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    WHAAAAAA

Oh heck no. Best Buy just slaughters Circuit City in every way possibly imaginable.

Well, I don't know much about the photography front, and since that's your area of expertise, you may have a point there, but for all of the geeky stuff I'm familiar with? Best Buy smokes that place.

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    I'm opening a sushi bar in Ruston if no one else does in the next 2-3 years. No need for hibachi, just a few on-hand sushi artists, a nice liquor selection, and some cute hostesses.

I cannot fathom why no one has done this yet. Tokyo gets SO MUCH BUSINESS from Ruston.

I heard about two months ago that one was looking at Ruston. Don't know if it is Tokyo though. Haven't heard anything since....but that's not unusual.

The biggest construction that I know of this year will be the Tech apartments.

There will be some stuff going in by Dowling's, but don't know when construction starts.

The rumor about Target has been going around for over a year and a half (Not just people talking but an actual SERIOUS rumor). I don't know if they are just planning or if it fell through. I haven't heard anything in a while.

The walls at Walgreen's are currently going up.

The city limits have been expanding and there has been a LOT of rezoning notices in the paper lately.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by firedog View Post
    I heard about two months ago that one was looking at Ruston. Don't know if it is Tokyo though. Haven't heard anything since....but that's not unusual.

The biggest construction that I know of this year will be the Tech apartments.

There will be some stuff going in by Dowling's, but don't know when construction starts.

The rumor about Target has been going around for over a year and a half (Not just people talking but an actual SERIOUS rumor). I don't know if they are just planning or if it fell through. I haven't heard anything in a while.

The walls at Walgreen's are currently going up.

The city limits have been expanding and there has been a LOT of rezoning notices in the paper lately.
    I really don't get Walgreen's setting up directly across the street from Rite Aid. If they pull that off then I see no reason Target couldn't survive here.

I think Target could hack it anyway. There are a lot of people ready to ditch Wal-Mart if there were an alternative. I can see a lot of people making the rounds--hitting both Target and Wal-Mart while they are out.

Big Dog LTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the rough LTUIronDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9701Dawg View Post
    I've also heard that a target is arriving in Ruston. I've also heard about plans for an Outback, anyone else heard this?
    I heard that a Hilton and Outback are going to be built by Dowling's BBQ. Dr. Armstrong from Monroe owns that property. There was a house on that property that was going to be torn down. He let us have it. We moved it over by Ruston High. The guys that were doing the land clearing said that there was going to be a Hilton, Outback and some kind of strip mall.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    CC will go bankrupt very soon. They are hurting pretty bad right now.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

I've heard the same, Hilton and Outback, apparentley they have some deal w/ the PGA tour and to host an event the town has to have both of those.

+ Reply to Thread