+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Here are the CHAMPS numbers

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Here are the CHAMPS numbers

as of right now -

On March 8, 2007 and found we had 668 members of CHAMPS, with our largest area being the varsity level, which is from $300-$499....

As of June 8, 2007 we have 758 members of CHAMPS, with the largest level being booster, which is
    $100-$299....

As expected, our largest numbers are in the bottom three levels. Here are the numbers as follows:

Booster: 241
    Varsity: 181
    Trophy: 220
    Legend: 38
    Director: 44
    President: 13
    Charter: 20

The next idea for a push before football is the “Just Get One” program. If each CHAMPS member will locate just one person and get them to sign up for CHAMPS, we of course would double our numbers.

The goal would be 1,000 TOTAL members by the time football season rolls around....

As everyone can see - we have a LONG way to go - and folks from listening to Dr. Reneau talk on several instances, he is only providing a FINANCIAL BRIDGE of three years - it will be up to us after that....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Re: Here are the CHAMPS numbers

thanks dwayne.

yeah, we need to be at 1,000 total members just to take advantage of everything that is happening around here. (football season tickets need to be way up too)

i would like them to have a goal of 2,000 total CHAMPS members in 3 years. I know it is doable, but it will take a lot of work and some winning by the football and basketball teams.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAY View Post
    i would like them to have a goal of 2,000 total CHAMPS members in 3 years. I know it is doable, but it will take a lot of work and some winning by the football and basketball teams.
    I believe that is the EXACT number that they want to be at in 3 years....

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Any season ticket info yet?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I believe that is the EXACT number that they want to be at in 3 years....

i must have espn or something.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Someone should remind our administration about the proposal that Mickey Slaughter took to Dr. Reneau when we entered the WAC. Reneau has said that we need to generate an extra $2 Million per year, and Mick's proposal could literally generate $1 Million per year.

Increasing CHAMPS membership is essential, no doubt about it, but we should also do the BIG things that can make a big impact.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I like these goals:

2010: 2,500 champs members
    2015: 5,000 champs members
    2020: 7,500-10,000 (I say 10,000 is possible because this stuff tends to gain momentum)
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

In three years here is what I think we must have in place -

I think the main things is a SUSTAINED CHAMPS base of 2,500 individuals giving an avg of $500 each -

A WORKING season ticket base in football of 10,000 season tickets....

A WORKING season ticket base in men's basketball of 2,500 season tickets....

A WORKING season ticket base in wbb of 1,500 season tickets....

A WORKING season ticket base in baseball of 1,000 season tickets....

If those bases are NOT achieved or close to being achieved in 3 years I think you will see a reversal of support from the administration -

That's your base right there - that's what you have to have to expect to compete on an AVG level in today's WAC -

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

All very doable goals, which I think will be sparked off once football season gets going, most of the rest of the Tech family (i.e. not us crazy BB&B fanatics) has heard only whats going on at the surface (new coaches and Karl) and haven't heard about some of the deeper administrative changes going on. Once everyone starts coming together at football games and the normal fans start hearing and seeing the difference I think CHAMPS will experience a dramatic increase (if the admin can take advantage of it).

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

In three years here is what I think we must have in place -

I think the main things is a SUSTAINED CHAMPS base of 2,500 individuals giving an avg of $500 each -

A WORKING season ticket base in football of 10,000 season tickets....

A WORKING season ticket base in men's basketball of 2,500 season tickets....

A WORKING season ticket base in wbb of 1,500 season tickets....

A WORKING season ticket base in baseball of 1,000 season tickets....

If those bases are NOT achieved or close to being achieved in 3 years I think you will see a reversal of support from the administration -

That's your base right there - that's what you have to have to expect to compete on an AVG level in today's WAC -
    In my mind, meeting those goals starts with hiring a competent AD. Someone ready to market.

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    which I think will be sparked off once football season gets going
    I don't think you can hinge this on football season -

There is still a good chance that this team could be bad - maybe even very bad....

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

I'm not saying it's hinged on the football season, more of it's hinged on people seeing first hand the changes taking place at Tech, and also will be a chance for many of us, the BB&B faithfull, to spread the excitement to others.

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

I thought the numbers would be higher than they are at this point. We are moving in the right direction since we have more members and are picking up new ones. I understand that follow-up reminders will be occurring soon which should keep the numbers increasing over the next couple of months.

People procrastinate and then forget. Talk about Champs and all the good things happening at Tech with other Tech alumni and fans often. Share with them how you personally have stepped up your support and maybe they will be inspired...

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

as of right now -

On March 8, 2007 and found we had 668 members of CHAMPS, with our largest area being the varsity level, which is from $300-$499....

As of June 8, 2007 we have 758 members of CHAMPS, with the largest level being booster, which is
    $100-$299....

As expected, our largest numbers are in the bottom three levels. Here are the numbers as follows:

Booster: 241
    Varsity: 181
    Trophy: 220
    Legend: 38
    Director: 44
    President: 13
    Charter: 20

The next idea for a push before football is the “Just Get One” program. If each CHAMPS member will locate just one person and get them to sign up for CHAMPS, we of course would double our numbers.

The goal would be 1,000 TOTAL members by the time football season rolls around....

As everyone can see - we have a LONG way to go - and folks from listening to Dr. Reneau talk on several instances, he is only providing a FINANCIAL BRIDGE of three years - it will be up to us after that....
    How many student Champs members are there?

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

I think the main things is a SUSTAINED CHAMPS base of 2,500 individuals giving an avg of $500 each
    I think the donor average should be higher than $500. Using the minimum giving level in each group the average donation now is around $820. Figuring the current average at the midpoint of each level it's just under $1,300. I'd hope the average would end up closer to the $750-$1000 range. That would easily bring in $1.5 million per year more than the current amount.
    Last edited by RealityCheck; 06-13-2007 at 09:52 PM.

+ Reply to Thread