+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Here are the CHAMPS numbers

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Re: Here are the CHAMPS numbers

As a teacher, $750-1,000 might be a stretch for my wife and I. I can usually do around $500. I thought the Champs mailer was nicer this year, but I really wish we had some people from the alumni center or even students calling and really selling it. As long as the students had some hard numebrs to throw at the people, and were willing to really sell the idea of, support any support helps.

Like someone said people procrastinate, and the brochure can end up under a pile, in the trash, etc. A person actually requesting aid sticks with you a little longer. I am sure we would even have some student groups on campus willing to make calls, it wouldn't have to be paid student workers. We just need to arm them with the right information for the sales pitch.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Yes, Dallas. Arkansas sends co-ed athletes to the homes of old alums to beg. The book with Arkansas donors at all levels is almost as big as the Lagnaippe. Tech has a lot of graduates. They all deserve personal calls. And we would accept money from north Louisiana folk who attended no college but enjoy good local athletic events.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    As a teacher, $750-1,000 might be a stretch for my wife and I.
    Reported contributions for 2005-2006 were over $1.5 million. DFM's 2500 members at a $500 average each is only $1.25 million.

After checking those numbers the average donation for 2005-2006 was probably closer to $2500 (600 x $2500 = $1.5 million). Of course the average will come down with more donations. But after looking at last year's numbers, the average donation right now with 758 members has to still be well over $2000. If not then total donations would be down from last year's level.

1742 more members at the minimum $100 apiece would put the overall average somewhere in the $750-$1000 range. And based on DFM's numbers the increases since March have been mainly in Trophy ($500 minimum) and Booster ($100 minimum). 2500 members at a $1000 average won't get it done...that's only up a million total from the 2005-2006 level. 2500 at $1400 average is the $3.5 million total the goal must be to get the $2 million increase.

There are three keys to success...
    1) Get the grassroots membership up with new donations in the lower levels.
    2) Maintain existing donations and push to move those up a level or two.
    3) THE BIG ONE...new corporate donations. Money is this area must be doubled or tripled as a start and increased steadily from there. And I'm not sure this can be accomplished until there is a change in the AD's office.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    If those bases are NOT achieved or close to being achieved in 3 years I think you will see a reversal of support from the administration
    What was the contract time for the construction of Rome?

The three year thing worries me. To get the CHAMPS numbers up it is not up to US, it is up to people that don't even pay much attention to Tech athletics right now. And the only way we are going to get them to donate is to win. We are already talking about how bad 1 A.B. (after Bicknell) could be . . .

Five years is fair.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

A "calling" event has been planned, but I do not know the details. I offered the services of the Blue and suggested the Bulldog Corps might also be available; however, I no longer speak for either party.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

We hired a young, energetic football coach and had momentum...our AD did nothing to capitalize on it!

We hired a seemingly great basketball coach with a young, but seasoned staff and had momentum especially with the recent signings...our AD did nothing to capitalize on it!

Anyone see the pattern? If we want to move forward and succeed...we need fresh blood in the left-hand seat!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    We hired a young, energetic football coach and had momentum...our AD did nothing to capitalize on it!

We hired a seemingly great basketball coach with a young, but seasoned staff and had momentum especially with the recent signings...our AD did nothing to capitalize on it!

Anyone see the pattern? If we want to move forward and succeed...we need fresh blood in the left-hand seat!
    I agree. So much good stuff has happened with the new coaches that I went ahead and backed off my "wait until Oakes is gone" policy on Champs and other athletic department donations.

Clearly we've got some improvements to make in the athletic leadership department. Hopefully that will still happen.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by markay714 View Post
    I agree. So much good stuff has happened with the new coaches that I went ahead and backed off my "wait until Oakes is gone" policy on Champs and other athletic department donations.

Clearly we've got some improvements to make in the athletic leadership department. Hopefully that will still happen.
    I also did, increasing my Champs contribution and just received, for the first time, and thank you letter from Dr. Dan.

Varsity Bulldog CorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her game

So I'm talking to my wife the other night and mention to her that I think we need to get involved with donating to Tech. We are very involved with NT since we live about 10 minutes away, but if we pull for both we need to support both. My question is this, is it more beneficial for Tech that we join champs or send in a donation to the ATAC deal? Before someone replies, I know "both" is the answer I'm going to get from ya'll. But if you had to pick one which would it be?

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CorinthEagle View Post
    So I'm talking to my wife the other night and mention to her that I think we need to get involved with donating to Tech. We are very involved with NT since we live about 10 minutes away, but if we pull for both we need to support both. My question is this, is it more beneficial for Tech that we join champs or send in a donation to the ATAC deal? Before someone replies, I know "both" is the answer I'm going to get from ya'll. But if you had to pick one which would it be?

if you give to ATAC, at least $100, you will be considered a CHAMPS member. at least thats what i have been told.

please consider giving to ATAC through this board. we really need to back up our talk with our wallets.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

So true Jay. I have actually accepted your challenge and I'm giving 386.44 to the ATAC fund. That's actually one penny for each point that he scored in the NBA PLUS his points at TECH.

Dwayne, I'll have that check friday.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    So true Jay. I have actually accepted your challenge and I'm giving 386.44 to the ATAC fund. That's actually one penny for each point that he scored in the NBA PLUS his points at TECH.

Dwayne, I'll have that check friday.

alright!

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAY View Post
    if you give to ATAC, at least $100, you will be considered a CHAMPS member. at least thats what i have been told.

please consider giving to ATAC through this board. we really need to back up our talk with our wallets.
    It is my understanding that if you give a designated gift, you will be considered a member of CHAMPS and eligible for the perks associated with your level of giving. I am not clear, however, whether that gift will be counted toward CHAMPS giving totals.

@CorinthEagle: My personal advice would be to give to ATAC by sending a check to DFM made out to Tech. This will help BB&B establish our voice, it will count you toward CHAMPS and so forth, and it will help to send a message to the administration that when they offer a goal with measurable outcomes we will respond.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

ATAC and Vision 2020 donations do count towards your CHAMPS level.

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    ATAC and Vision 2020 donations do count towards your CHAMPS level.
    What are Vision 2020 donations?

+ Reply to Thread