+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Good news for Jr. fans!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Good news for Jr. fans!

Well you guys finally will be associated with winners like Jimmy Johnson and Jeff Gordon. No more of "it's like being a Cub's fan". Jr. now has a chance to be somebody.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Good news for Jr. fans!

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Well you guys finally will be associated with winners like Jimmy Johnson and Jeff Gordon. No more of "it's like being a Cub's fan". Jr. now has a chance to be somebody.
    And Jeff is now a "teammate" -

Oh the HORROR for JUNIOR fans - who will they throw beer bottles at now - Stewart? Kenseth? Newman?

And it's going to be DOUBLY hard to change all those "8" tattoos to "5's" or "25's"....

''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    And Jeff is now a "teammate" -

Oh the HORROR for JUNIOR fans - who will they throw beer bottles at now - Stewart? Kenseth? Newman?

And it's going to be DOUBLY hard to change all those "8" tattoos to "5's" or "25's"....

I heard them say today that he would likely take over for Kyle in the 5. Who is in the 25?

Varsity Bulldog bigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nice bigwagee's Avatar

In the press conference, Hendrick said they will have a good team with Junior, Gordon, Johnson, and Mears. There was no mention of Kyle Busch. He might go drive for Penske who could be adding a third car.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigwagee View Post
    He might go drive for Penske who could be adding a third car.
    He will not surface at Penske - Roger already has had his full of one Busch and defintely doesn't want to deal with the "shrub"....

I don't think he will end up at Gibbs - so my guess would be Michael Waltrip Racing in a Toyota or Ginn Racing in a Chevy....

Varsity Bulldog bigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nice bigwagee's Avatar

I heard that Dale Jarret might retire in the next couple of weeks, and go to the TV booth where he does a great job.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

I believe we are on the verge of witnessing the most dominating team in NASCAR history... I really think DE is smiling down on his son right now, as well as his new team.

Why wouldn't he be able to keep the "8"??? I'm always confused about this type of thing when a person switched or changes something...

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

DEI owns the rights to the number 8 but it is my understanding that they are releasing it and Budwieser from DEI. That being said I think HMS and Dale Jr would be ignorant to not keep the same number at least.

Also with most of Dale Jr's fans dislike, sometimes hatred, for Jeff Gordon, I think he will lose many fans over this. And the other thread is right, for Dale Jr's fans, this is kind of like the beginning of Darth Vader. I just wonder if he will finally pick up that intimidation factor that his dad had on the track.

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
    DEI owns the rights to the number 8 but it is my understanding that they are releasing it and Budwieser from DEI. That being said I think HMS and Dale Jr would be ignorant to not keep the same number at least.
    Actually NASCAR assigns the numbers to active teams - they CANNOT be sold or traded between teams -

An official yesterday stated that the 8 would remain with DEI and the 3 would remain with RCR and a Hendricks rep also stated that they would NOT petition NASCAR for the release of either numbers from their current assigned teams -

Look for JR to be in the 5 or 25 -

However, its long been known that Bud and Wrangler will follow JR where ever he landed -

It will be interesting to see if LEVI's and WRANGLER can work in the same garage and BUD was with Hendricks when he was ALLSTAR Racing and then HMS....

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

I think he'll be 5... I don't see them switching Mears from 25 to 5. the 25 just looks really good on the ANG/GMAC car.

They 5 is "close" to the 8, so that may be something they look at... or they will push to have Junior and Gordon team up big time, so indeed do give him the 25.

I don't think many people will "defect" from Juniors camp either since he's joining Hendrick. I think it's been rationalized enough to where even the fan that hated Gordon the most, would at least bare it enough for a while. Remember, they still don't have to like him or anything, it's allllll about Junior. But I'm sure if Gordon doesn't help Junior out with a win somehow, they'll be up in arms against Gordon, especially if Gordon "takes the thunder" from Junior.

Big Dog SkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the rough

But did anyone see the interview that Jr. did. He said that now that he and Gordon have the same equipment, Gordon can't use that for an excuse anymore. HMS cars have been the best, collectively this year, especially the COT. Bush has had a car good enough to win several more times this year and did something stupid (seems to run in the family) to wreck himself. I think this move will really show how good of a driver Jr. is. He is going to be driving very competitive cars next year.

+ Reply to Thread