+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ex-Tech coach Bicknell happy to be home again at Boston College - News Star

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Ex-Tech coach Bicknell happy to be home again at Boston College - News Star

A new article has been posted on The News Star:

Jack Bicknell Jr., a three-year letterman at Boston College, is looking forward to his new challenge as the assistant head coach and offensive line coach at BC.

More...

Feel free to discuss it here

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Re: Ex-Tech coach Bicknell happy to be home again at Boston College - News Star

Former coach Jack Bicknell said that it's almost "impossible" to win regularly at Louisiana Tech

Glad to see Bicknell stil has that never give up attitude! Kinda reminds me of Rocky. :icon_wink:

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

it's easy to see why we never played the second half of a game, man I'm glad he's gone

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

I believe we'll be a lot better this year than people expect. Bicknell may actually have done us a favor by taking our football program to a new depth. It made Reneau go out and hire a real coach that believes Tech can be a winner and he is doing all the right things to bring a winning attitude to the team. Bicknell was over his head from the very beginning.

Big Dog Tech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really nice

I just wonder what the part about never being able to win at Tech has to do with him being the Asst. Head Coach at Boston College.

This is just another example of the folks at the Newstar taking a shot at us. I am sure that if you asked Zambrecker or whatever the coach was before Wetherby at ULM, they would probably say the same thing about them. The difference is that it would never end up in the story.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Hey Insider,

So do you still think Bicknell was a good coach?

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

"I feel like I did a good job there. I was the third winningest coach in the program’s history and the top two guys coached when it was a I-AA school," said Bicknell.

He also coached the 3rd most games (95). And for any coach that coached 30 or more games (10 total) he had the LOWEST winning % at .453

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post
    "I feel like I did a good job there. I was the third winningest coach in the program’s history and the top two guys coached when it was a I-AA school," said Bicknell.

He also coached the 3rd most games (95). And for any coach that coached 30 or more games (10 total) he had the LOWEST winning % at .453
    Of course, that is not in the story. He left on a classy note and now he does this.

I have no problem with it, though. He (and the media) will soon find out how Tech can win.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Of course, that is not in the story. He left on a classy note and now he does this.

I have no problem with it, though. He (and the media) will soon find out how Tech can win.

I agree Champ. Good post.

Did you hear that Champ...we agree again!

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech XXIX View Post
    I just wonder what the part about never being able to win at Tech has to do with him being the Asst. Head Coach at Boston College.

This is just another example of the folks at the Newstar taking a shot at us. I am sure that if you asked Zambrecker or whatever the coach was before Wetherby at ULM, they would probably say the same thing about them. The difference is that it would never end up in the story.
    It wouldn't need to be in the story. It's self evident. All you have to do is look at their (the Indians/ChickenHawks') record year after year.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

What a loser. He has no place even being in the same room with that picture of the greatest QB to ever play the game.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Thumbs Down Re: Ex-Tech coach Bicknell happy to be home again at Boston College - News Star

Gonzo,

You are exactly right. This article has been under my skin since it showed up. And, the fact that he would compare himself to people like Maxie Lambright and Joe Aillet makes me want to drive to Boston and punch him in his big mouth. I can't blame him for trying to pump himself up in front of his new BC folks, but a guy who never believed in this university and only averaged 5 wins a season needs to realize that he isn't Knute Rockne.

He is right about the scheduling that he had here, and our budget was badly underfunded, but money has no affect on his "don't worry about winning the big game", "we recruited whatever was left" attitude.

Jack always seemed like a nice guy, but he's making it easy for me to root against BC next season.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Bicknell lost to Idaho (former sunbelt team) on homecoming...what a loser.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Former coach Jack Bicknell said that it's almost "impossible" to win regularly at Louisiana Tech

Glad to see Bicknell stil has that never give up attitude! Kinda reminds me of Rocky. :icon_wink:
    He's wrong. With his attitude it isn't almost impossible to win regularly, it is absolutely impossible to win ANYWHERE!

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Kind of looking forward to a Tech/BC Humanitarian Bowl in the next couple of years. Would love to show him what a committed and winning attitude would do for you.

+ Reply to Thread