+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sherry Named Lady Techster Soccer Coach - latechsports.com

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Sherry Named Lady Techster Soccer Coach - latechsports.com

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech announced the hiring of Kevin Sherry as its new head soccer coach Friday....

More...

Discuss it here.

Bulldog RockNRoll Warrior has turned a few heads around hereRockNRoll Warrior has turned a few heads around hereRockNRoll Warrior has turned a few heads around here RockNRoll Warrior's Avatar

Re: Sherry Named Lady Techster Soccer Coach - latechsports.com

Really? Who?

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Graceland University used to be Graceland College. My older sister went there years ago and was really where she got her start performing musically in a group that was sponsored by the the college. It will be interesting to see what he can do here at Tech. I wonder if he's had to face the challenges that he's getting ready to face.

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

I found this article about our new soccer coach, written by an Illinois paper. He definitely has experience in dealing with a lack of funding!

http://media.www.westerncourier.com/...-2917431.shtml

This guy sounds like a good hire.

Varsity Bulldog 10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by 96bulldog View Post
    I found this article about our new soccer coach, written by an Illinois paper. He definitely has experience in dealing with a lack of funding!

http://media.www.westerncourier.com/...-2917431.shtml

This guy sounds like a good hire.
    He may be a good hire, but I still think that Rich got a raw deal from our administration. I am not saying that Rich was a better choice because I don't know if he was. I hope that Sherry does great at Tech. Our soccer players work hard and deserve the best. What I am saying is that Rich should not have been treated the way he was.

Bulldog RockNRoll Warrior has turned a few heads around hereRockNRoll Warrior has turned a few heads around hereRockNRoll Warrior has turned a few heads around here RockNRoll Warrior's Avatar

How was he treated badly? I heard that he had bad references that would have prevented him from being hired. How did Tech give him a raw deal? Just curious.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

If he's been you're employee for the last 2 years as an assistant, then these references better not tell you anything that you don't already know. This wasn't a fresh relationship.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Why continue to talk about this. It's past, I know personally that Rich is moving on and the program is also. Focus on the upcoming season not the process. Rich loves the program and would not want this to continue to rehashed. He has talked to Kevin and so have I so lets just move on.

The two sides of this situation are never going to agree what went down, and how it happened. Honestly at this point it doesn't matter anymore, just that the program continues to build.

Varsity Bulldog 10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by RockNRoll Warrior View Post
    How was he treated badly? I heard that he had bad references that would have prevented him from being hired. How did Tech give him a raw deal? Just curious.
    He was told he was the guy for the job, and then they told him he didn't get it. So he was not out looking for another job during that time and is now having to look for one. It wasn't his references, but I agree with Doc Marvin. He has been at Tech for first 3 years of the program so therefore, there shouldn't have been anything his reference said that they didn't say before.

+ Reply to Thread