+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Catfish Lancelot Barlay, August 17,1995 June 11, 2007

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Catfish Lancelot Barlay, August 17,1995 June 11, 2007

Had to put down my old lab this week. He was a good dog and I trained him myself. He was a fantastic retriever despite my own shortcomings as a trainer. He was my friend when I was young and single and became a friend of my second wife's after I was married (although he never got used to not sleeping in the bed with me after I was married and nobody really liked my first wife). Cancer got him. It was in his mouth. I used to chew tobacco, actually I snuffed or dipped Copenhagen. After my dog began suffering from oral cancer I decided to get treatment for my addiction and haven't had a dip in over six months. Not only was this guy my best hunting buddy he stuck with me through a divorce, custody battle, and a business opening without complaining and probably saved my life by getting me to quit tobacco without actually saying a word. I am a much better person for having known "Catfish Lancelot Barclay", or just old "Fish" as we loved to call him around the campfire. The world may never know another as devoted as you..
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Catfish Lancelot Barlay, August 17,1995 June 11, 2007

Sorry about your loss. I know it has to be tough on you. 12 plus years is a long time.

You mentioned treatment to get off the snuff. What did you do? I'm ashamed to tell you how long I've been a user. I quit cold turkey once for a week and my wife was ready to have me committed.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

www.chantix.com The drug is called Chantix. This stuff works. I used for years and years. I tried to quit so many times before but I always got physically ill, dizzy, irritable. The withdrawl was horrible. Chantix works differently. You keep using for a week..smoking, dipping, whatever as you normally do. Over that week's time you take the Chantix (definitely on a full stomach) and it slowly blocks the receptors in your brain from getting the nicotine. You don't wean yourself off of tobacco onto a nicotine patch or gum...you just wean yourself off of nicotine altogether. After one wek you just quit using. It wasn't a cakewalk but I did it. It has a support program with it. Now I'm addicted to sunflower seeds. I thank the Chantix as well as my old friend Catfish. If you really want to quit this stuff works. It has worked for two of my close friends recently as well. It's a nasty habit and I'm glad I quit. Good luck to you on quitting. I bet you can pull it off.
    The website is down now but keep trying.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Market,

Sorry to hear about losing your pal. I've had and trained a few retrievers in my time and I loved every hard headed one of them. I don't have room for a big dog right now but as soon as I have a larger area I'll definitely have another one. I lost one of my labs to canine leukemia, the day we put him down was the only time I ever saw my Dad cry.

+ Reply to Thread