+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Billboard Idea...

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Billboard Idea...

Okay, so I'm driving back to Louisville from Lexington this afternoon. When you get right outside of Lexington, there's a huge billboard overlooking I-64. It's just a Louisville Cardinal image and the words, "We're Miles Ahead." Of course, the point the board is trying to make is that Louisville is miles ahead of UK.

I think that'd look great right outside of Monroe on I-20, just north of BR and definitely on I-49 North of Natchitoches.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ garddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to behold

Re: Billboard Idea...

I miss the old Billboard just west of Thomas Rd that said "This is Tech Territory". That was back in the early 90's.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

I'm not sure where to put this, if anywhere, but to preface what I was getting on here to say, I did look for and saw the Tech billboard in WM today. Nice, with Bradshaw and Malone on it. I read about it on here somewhere the other day and specifically looked for it.

But I was going to ask if any of you macho guys were watching the Miss La. pageant? I would presume not, but La. Tech is a proud sponsor of it. Dr. Reneau just had a little blurp and the state T is on the sponsor page everytime they put it up. They said the pageant was on in all parts of La and maybe South Arkansas and East Texas (well I guess on a Shreveport station), but anyway there's a bit of getting Tech's name out there going on at the pageant. Has Tech ever done that before? I don't remember it if they did.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

LOL, ok, y'all can all laugh at this granny for posting this. However, Dr. Jarrell just presented flowers or whatever to one of the runner ups, so I'm guessing this is the Tech connection? Anyway, back to your football talk. lol Creative place to advertise, though, seems like. And y'all thought they didn't have any marketing ideas.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    I'm not sure where to put this, if anywhere, but to preface what I was getting on here to say, I did look for and saw the Tech billboard in WM today. Nice, with Bradshaw and Malone on it. I read about it on here somewhere the other day and specifically looked for it.

But I was going to ask if any of you macho guys were watching the Miss La. pageant? I would presume not, but La. Tech is a proud sponsor of it. Dr. Reneau just had a little blurp and the state T is on the sponsor page everytime they put it up. They said the pageant was on in all parts of La and maybe South Arkansas and East Texas (well I guess on a Shreveport station), but anyway there's a bit of getting Tech's name out there going on at the pageant. Has Tech ever done that before? I don't remember it if they did.
    Very strategic sponsorship, I'm sure, provided by Anonymous Donor.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garddawg View Post
    I miss the old Billboard just west of Thomas Rd that said "This is Tech Territory". That was back in the early 90's.
    Yeah, it needs to be revived and placed EAST of Monroe, like maybe as you cross over the Mississippi River!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Yeah, it needs to be revived and placed EAST of Monroe, like maybe as you cross over the Mississippi River!

i like it.

as soon as you cross into Louisiana on I-20, coming from Mississippi or Texas.

Put one on I-49 when you are heading north into Alexandria too. I bet all the ULBR fans down there would love it.

+ Reply to Thread