+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Life update - Alec bound

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Life update - Alec bound

I got married! I have a new job down in Alexandria with the Louisiana Legislative Auditors. I used to live in Pineville so I'm looking there first for places to rent. I'm excited to be within easy driving distance of Ruston so I will be able to make some basketball games in addition to all of the home football games.

I'm looking forward to seeing everybody during tailgating. I'll be at the horndawgs tent and may make the arduos walk over to the BBB tent to say hi.

As for the job with Trane in NOLA....

After faxing in my signed written offer they called me and said that corporate told them not to make any offers. So they pulled mine and told me they'd talk to corporate the next week. A month later I still haven't heard a peep.

SO, I'll be looking for buddies in Alec, James Myers you better call me, I don't have your number anymore.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Re: Life update - Alec bound

Congratulations on the new job NOT in New Orleans. There are some serious Tech fans in Cenla - including quite a few that wouldn't miss a home game for any reason.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Just a note: watch out saying Alec, they prefer Ellec. Seriously Congratulations. Try Alex 1805 on 3rd right off Jackson for drinks, or Fennigan's Wake for a beer. Suburban Garden is excellent if you like Italian. If you are into music and I assume you are check out the Alexandria Music Project or AMP. There is a great concert series down at the riverfront amphitheater.

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Horndawgs View Post
    I got married! I have a new job down in Alexandria with the Louisiana Legislative Auditors.
    Congrats on the marriage and new job, but it sounds like a do nothing job. Our legislature audited?

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
    Congrats on the marriage and new job, but it sounds like a do nothing job. Our legislature audited?
    Hopefully he's hitting that job at the perfect time - a new governor with change in mind will be coming soon. He'll be learning the ropes and be ready to roll when the wave of change hits this state!

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    Just a note: Suburban Garden is excellent if you like Italian....
    But remember, Don't Eat and Drive ! ! ! !

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/6764859.stm

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    But remember, Don't Eat and Drive ! ! ! !

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/6764859.stm

Yes I definitely recommend staying for the atmosphere. MacArthur Dr. is tough enough to navigate without the added distraction.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Lou and Laura's for some good pressed poboys...and of course, Shipley's for great doughnuts. But, the secret to happiness in Alexandria is Chinese Kitchen. It's on Jackson accross from the Frosty Factory...good and cheap.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Lou and Laura's for some good pressed poboys...and of course, Shipley's for great doughnuts. But, the secret to happiness in Alexandria is Chinese Kitchen. It's on Jackson accross from the Frosty Factory...good and cheap.

If you've never had the jalapeņo kalachi at Shipleys I highly recommend it.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I say Ellec when saying it but I've never had to write it before.

Today we rented a 3br house out on hwy 107(marksville) about 10 miles out of Pineville from Ada and Gary Moore.

They told me to eat at Angelino's, anybody eat there?

The LLA audit Tech and all the other state schools, most everything the state spends money on. I was excited about auditing nlulm but I won't get that pleasure. I may be doing Northwestern and LSUA. I don't know exactly what else I'll be working on.

I was just giving you a hard time because my wife did the same thing to me when we first started dating. Don't know about Angelino's but if you are near Marksville try the Red River Grill.

+ Reply to Thread