+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OK guys . . .

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

OK guys . . .

. . . thought I would share this with you.

Its getting real close to football season. Obviously we are all foaming at the mouth and ready to see the DAWGS in action. Since its a little down time in btw sports, here is a little story that happened today.

I was at my in-laws house in Baton Rouge today. Well, me & my wife, and the 4 children. My brother-in-law has a play station. My oldest son "Patrick"(age 5) and younger son "Ruston"(age 4) love to play(really simualted) College football 2007. I got them all riled up before we played the Warhawks. I was saying things like "The warhawks are going down", "we are going to hurt the warhawks", "we will show no mercy on the warhawks", etc . . you get the picture. Patrick asked me what a warhawk was and I told him a confused Indian w/ an idenity crisis, or course it went over his head and I just said "the bad guys". So I gave Patrick & Ruston a controller and I took one myself. I put the game on simualtion and the rout started. We kicked off and they went about 5 or 6 plays and punted. We received the punt and scored a touchdown in about 11 plays. A nice drive capped off by an 11 TD from Champion to Wheeler. PAT was good 7-0. I praised the boys the whole time saying things like "nice tackle Ruston, way to put your head in front of his body", "good pass break up Patrick", "nice pass Ruston, way to lead the receiver", "good catch Patrick", etc . . you get the picture. After the warhawks turned it over for the first time and we scored to make it 14-0(Muse caused a fumble and picked it up and ran it in), I left the boys in control and told them to have no mercy on the warhawks. This is where the story gets funny . . .

Everyone else was in the living room and they would run in and give us updates and high fiving, Saying things like "Dad, I just a made pass to #82 for a touchdown, the kicker kicked the ball into the net, we have 21 points, and the warhawks have O, dad, we are smoking them", "Dad, we just made another touchdown, the kicker kicked the ball into the net, we are beating the bad guys 28-0, oh yeah, we are winning, oh yeah, we are winning". Dad, #37 just smoked their QB and he hurt his hand, he is out of the game, YES".

The warhawks finally scored to make 31-7. Patrick came in and said "Dad, the warhawks scored a touchdown, aww man, dad, are you mad? Dad, what do we do?" The look on his face was so disappointing, I could tell he was upset that they scored. I then replied "Son, go in there and you score 2 more touchdowns and DO NOT let them score again" After I said that he said "yes sir, go Louisiana Tech, Go Lousiana Tech". I tell you what guys, that will give a die hard Tech fan chills to hear his son say "Go Louisiana Tech".

Well, this went on for the next hour and my boys listen well. Tech won 52-7. I went in late in the 4th quarter to see what was going on. Mosely was in for mop up duty and so was Patrick Jackson (Franklin is the starter). The D held them for just 7 points and Champion was 27-38 w/ almost 300 yards passing, 4 TD's and 1 interception. Pretty good stats. We had a punt return for a TD. Big Josh Muse had 10 tackles, 3 for a loss, 1 forced fumble, and 1 TD. Big day for him.

Hope you guys enjoyed the story, I was bored and hyper on a double expresso from CC's.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Re: OK guys . . .

Sounds like a blast.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

It's amazing what a little coaching and motiviation will do to a team. Bicknell's kids would probably have lost that game.

Champ TECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to all TECHLAX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    It's amazing what a little coaching and motiviation will do to a team. Bicknell's kids would probably have lost that game.
    that's funny...

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    Bicknell's kids would probably have lost that game.
    I think we did pretty well against the Xbox. That is one of the best Xboxes out there.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

You were probably hopped up on snowcones instead of coffee.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    I think we did pretty well against the Xbox. That is one of the best Xboxes out there.
    Well...the Xbox is a hell of a team...

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I was worried you were going to say the Warhawks mounted a big comeback in the second half because we did not make any halftime adjustments.

Sounds like you are raising those boys right.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

[quote=StrayDawg;487925]I was worried you were going to say the Warhawks mounted a big comeback in the second half because we did not make any halftime adjustments.

+ Reply to Thread