+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How come

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Re: How come

You ARE clueless if you think the Louisiana Purchase was just some tract of land. I didn't want to HAVE to give a history lesson, but it appears I have no choice with this imbecile. The Louisiana Purchase was the first piece of land EVER bought by the governemnt, and was UNCONSTITUTIONAL at the time. Jefferson, knowing that it could face opposition, bought it anyway because he knew it would be essential for trade. This gave way for the government to have the ability to purchase land. So, as was stated, without the Louisiana Purchase, there would be no rest of america...it would only consist of the thirteen colonies.

And while you are correct that Jefferson only bought it to have control of N.O., N.O. is certainly NOT the only historical gold mine in the Louisiana Purchase. Let me introduce you to two Native American brothers of the Nakatosh Tribe, Nacogdoches (pronounced "Nakadoshiss"), and Natchitoches (pronounced Nakadish). When their father, Nakatosh, died, a large stretch of land crossing the border of what is now Louisiana and Texas, was divided among the two brothers. The two felt it would be best to expand outward in hopes of increasing their numbers. That is how we ended up with the cities Nacogdoches, TX, and Natchitoches, LA. Natchitoches, of course, is a whole other history lesson all in itself, but I can't mention Natchitoches without also mentioning Lasyone's, the restaurant given credit for inventing...drum roll please...that's right: The Meat Pie!

And who can forget the great Capt. Henry Shreve, for whom the city of Shreveport, the Gateway To Texas, was named for, after his incredible feat of un-jamming, and keeping unjammed, one of the biggest logjams in all history with his great ship, The Heliopolis.

And if you knew ANYTHING about Huey P. Long or Edwin Edwards, you would realize it is ridiculous to claim that Louisiana History is "just as boring as Hawaii's" I'm sorry you don't take much interest in your culture's history (minus the haka, which you seem to be quite fond of), but that doesn't mean it isn't interesting and didn't have an impact.

Go home little girl.

Big Dog SundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to behold SundayJam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AG_jr View Post
    You ARE clueless if you think the Louisiana Purchase was just some tract of land. I didn't want to HAVE to give a history lesson, but it appears I have no choice with this imbecile. The Louisiana Purchase was the first piece of land EVER bought by the governemnt, and was UNCONSTITUTIONAL at the time. Jefferson, knowing that it could face opposition, bought it anyway because he knew it would be essential for trade. This gave way for the government to have the ability to purchase land. So, as was stated, without the Louisiana Purchase, there would be no rest of america...it would only consist of the thirteen colonies.

And while you are correct that Jefferson only bought it to have control of N.O., N.O. is certainly NOT the only historical gold mine in the Louisiana Purchase. Let me introduce you to two Native American brothers of the Nakatosh Tribe, Nacogdoches (pronounced "Nakadoshiss"), and Natchitoches (pronounced Nakadish). When their father, Nakatosh, died, a large stretch of land crossing the border of what is now Louisiana and Texas, was divided among the two brothers. The two felt it would be best to expand outward in hopes of increasing their numbers. That is how we ended up with the cities Nacogdoches, TX, and Natchitoches, LA. Natchitoches, of course, is a whole other history lesson all in itself, but I can't mention Natchitoches without also mentioning Lasyone's, the restaurant given credit for inventing...drum roll please...that's right: The Meat Pie!

And who can forget the great Capt. Henry Shreve, for whom the city of Shreveport, the Gateway To Texas, was named for, after his incredible feat of un-jamming, and keeping unjammed, one of the biggest logjams in all history with his great ship, The Heliopolis.

And if you knew ANYTHING about Huey P. Long or Edwin Edwards, you would realize it is ridiculous to claim that Louisiana History is "just as boring as Hawaii's" I'm sorry you don't take much interest in your culture's history (minus the haka, which you seem to be quite fond of), but that doesn't mean it isn't interesting and didn't have an impact.

Go home little girl.
    It was a TAUNT!!!!

You haven't heard me say anything about the grandeur of Hawaii have you? Cricket infested swamplands are what your own Techies have described your Barren Plain, when they were talking about defeating the Hawaiians this year. Even the trip-planners and would-be Hawaiian tailgaters are decrying the gawdawful state of weather over there on September the 8th. One of my favorite frontiersman is quoted as saying, "If I owned a place in Ruston, and a place in Hell...I'd rent out Ruston, and live in Hell."

Really. Don't worry about our Heisman candidate ruinning the reputation of yer wimen folk...they are not Colt's type. He prefers good-looking chicks that drop the charges after realizing how stupid they were in the first place. No one is gonna make unwanted advances at a bearded lady. You are safe.

Huey Long was portrayed beautifully by John Goodman on the silver screen. Yeah, we know about that sheister.

Big Dog SundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to behold SundayJam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SundayJam View Post
    How come? Techie Techie Techie.

I hate flood victims.

I hate competitive football.

I hate flamers flaming on the flamer's paradise.

I hate it that our opponents don't know which coach we stole from LSU.

I hate Colt Brennan for complaining about superior lockerrooms, when ours are sh!t.

I wish only Techie Trolls posted on BB&B.

I wish our record against Hawaii was better than one out of five.

I wish we could beat the Hawaiians September 8th with our new attitude.

I wish more than ten of us would show up for a home game so's we could make some noise.
    Our coaches' dad used to coach REAL Bulldogs Oh...yeah...our coach used to coach LSPooo...

Dang...ya'll really hate yourselves don't you? You're the designated bottom feeders of the WAC. I guess I can't blame you.

Go back to talking amongst yourselves.

Idiot, clueless, and spell-checkers are lame comebacks. Oh, yeah, and dooty dooty to you too JohnnyLightnin.

Ga ga ga Gonzo? Ya wont ma telly phone numba so's we kin talk real personal like? Hugs and kisses to your two balls buddy. I'm not gay.
    I love my school. We were once the greatest NCAA D1AA school of all thyme.

We have Mini-Me for a coach...just like Dr. Evil in The Spy Who Shagged me.

We have a Mini-Me doggie statue...just like Georgia...only lit'ler...

We hate LSPoo...thank gawwwd...our coach was saved (bought) from that cesspool.

What else?

We love our bronze calf (doggie), because it keeps our student body from thinking about the highschool bleachers we restored a century ago.

11-11-2006 Hawaii defeated La Tech 61 - 17.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

You do realize Dooley was assistant coaching for The Dolphins when we hired him, right? And you would think someone that defended their precious little hokie pkie would understand tradition.

Go home little girl.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SundayJam View Post
    11-11-2006 Hawaii defeated La Tech 61 - 17.
    I can play that game too. 10-08-2005 La Tech defeated Hawaii 46-14.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Everybody follow my lead.

Click on 'User CP'

Scroll to the bottom and you'll see on the left hand side 'Buddly / Ignore lists' Click that.

Under the Ignore section, type 'SundayJam'.

Save the list and your life will be better off.
    Ok, a little different this time....

Simon Says, click on 'User CP'

Simon Says, scroll to the bottom and you'll see on the left hand side 'Buddly / Ignore lists'

Simon Says, click that.

Simon Says, under the Ignore section, type 'SundayJam'.

Simon Says, save the list

lol...do what he says people, he's an admin now! :icon_wink:

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

lol...do what he says people, he's an admin now! :icon_wink:
    Wow he is an admin? When did that happen?

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Ok, a little different this time....

Simon Says, click on 'User CP'

Simon Says, scroll to the bottom and you'll see on the left hand side 'Buddly / Ignore lists'

Simon Says, click that.

Simon Says, under the Ignore section, type 'SundayJam'.

Simon Says, save the list
    What manner of beasts roam about outside our village? We must shun the outsider. He is not one of us. He makes desparaging remarks about our village within the very boundaries of our beloved BB&B.

When I think of Ruston, I think of a little movie called, "The Village."

How about this one, Juice:

Hawaii vs Louisiana Tech
    Record: 4-1

1 W 11-18-2000 27 - 10

2 W 10-18-2003 44 - 41

3 W 11-06-2004 34 - 23

4 W 11-11-2006 61 - 17

You do realize Dooley was assistant coaching for The Dolphins when we hired him, right? And you would think someone that defended their precious little hokie pkie would understand tradition.
    Dooley was Saban's man. With Saban not coaching at Miami, it didn't make sense for Dooley to stay. Prior to joining the Dolphins, Dooley spent five years at LSU, including the 2004 season when he served as assistant head coach/special teams coordinator/running backs coach.

The Spirit of 2006!!!!!!

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

It's Colt!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread