+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How come

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Re: How come

It doesn't take legislation, just take a look at the Board of Regent recent decision not to decide weather to increase funding.

Big Dog SundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to behold SundayJam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Magnum
    people ignore pro LSU people on here even though they are not flaming? Anyone can ignore, how about you grow a set and debate. Every team has douche bags for fans, some more than others. I am one who wants to see Tech succeed.
    Awww, come on Buck, the Techies hate outsiders. The outside world scares them. A good time in Ruston is the successful staging of a Civil War Reenactment. So, when fereigners post on their blog it freaks 'em out.

Still, I haven't quite figured out why this is the only board that even has a 'flamer's paradise' section on it. Have you ever seen such a thing on one of the other boards?

What is a flamer? Is that your way of saying anyone that disagrees with you is gay? I mean, when someone is very gay, doesn't one usually say they are flaming?

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SundayJam View Post
    Still, I haven't quite figured out why this is the only board that even has a 'flamer's paradise' section on it. Have you ever seen such a thing on one of the other boards?
    Get out a little more.

Miami's site is called "Smack Talk" http://miami.rivals.com/forum.asp?sid=903&fid=1556

OU calls theirs the "Smack Talk- Wanna be Rivals Board" http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=146#S=146

C-USA has their "Smack Talk" http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=430

And the WAC has the "WAC SMACK" http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=365

The list could go on and on but I'll stop there.

Sorry if you didn't understand that "Smack" and "Flaming" is the same.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

A good time in Ruston is the successful staging of a Civil War Reenactment.
    Not sure what was "civil" about the War Between the States, but allow me to educate you about the significance of the annual reenactment of the great and glorious 1863 Siege of Ruston during The War.

There were 45,000 ragtag, battle weary Confederates under the leadership of Stonewall Boudreaux and General Robert E. Woodard (who went by the nickname of "Bob from Minden" and whose great great grandson "Dwayne from Minden" is a regular poster on this board), and those dastardly Yankees...60,000 strong...

The cannons roared, the muskets fired, and 16,000 brave young men died just south of Griff's Hamburgers on the Old Grambling Pike (that's US Hwy 80 today).

Historians say that the South would have LOST The War if Generals Stonewall Boudreaux and "Bob from Minden" had not sent the Yankees running for Arkansas, which as I'm sure you know since you have a wealth of knowledge about this part of the mainland, had long been Union territory since the fall of El Dorado (El Do RAY doe, not El Do RAH do) just one year earlier.

Even after we whipped the yankees back to Arkansas, we still accepted Grants surrender in a tiny farmhouse in Virginia, freed all our slaves and decided to return to the United States because we're just good sports like that.

You'll excuse us if the Siege of Ruston and its reenactment is a little special to us here in the the great state of LouisiANNA.

Have a great day!

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Not sure what was "civil" about the War Between the States, but allow me to educate you about the significance of the annual reenactment of the great and glorious 1863 Siege of Ruston during The War.

There were 45,000 ragtag, battle weary Confederates under the leadership of Stonewall Boudreaux and General Robert E. Woodard (who went by the nickname of "Bob from Minden" and whose great great grandson "Dwayne from Minden" is a regular poster on this board), and those dastardly Yankees...60,000 strong...

The cannons roared, the muskets fired, and 16,000 brave young men died just south of Griff's Hamburgers on the Old Grambling Pike (that's US Hwy 80 today).

Historians say that the South would have LOST The War if Generals Stonewall Boudreaux and "Bob from Minden" had not sent the Yankees running for Arkansas, which as I'm sure you know since you have a wealth of knowledge about this part of the mainland, had long been Union territory since the fall of El Dorado (El Do RAY doe, not El Do RAH do) just one year earlier.

Even after we whipped the yankees back to Arkansas, we still accepted Grants surrender in a tiny farmhouse in Virginia, freed all our slaves and decided to return to the United States because we're just good sports like that.

You'll excuse us if the Siege of Ruston and its reenactment is a little special to us here in the the great state of LouisiANNA.

Have a great day!

See, i did not know this. This is a perfect example of why I visit BBB every once in a while. you can check on your favorite sports team and also get a History lesson ta'boot. Headed out to griffs now with my metal detector to see if i can find a cannon ball :icon_wink:

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    See, i did not know this. This is a perfect example of why I visit BBB every once in a while. you can check on your favorite sports team and also get a History lesson ta'boot. Headed out to griffs now with my metal detector to see if i can find a cannon ball :icon_wink:

Thank ya, Chou

Big Dog SundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to behold SundayJam's Avatar

Well, I'm sure 100 years from now, you boys will still be reenacting the great defeat of the Hawaiian Warriors at the hands of the defiant, mighty La Tech Bullogs on October the 8th, 2005.

Relish both the 1863 and 2005 victories, 'cause that's all yer gonna git.

Aloha.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Awww, come on Buck, the Techies hate outsiders. The outside world scares them. A good time in Ruston is the successful staging of a Civil War Reenactment.

A good time in Hawaii is breaking out a nice juicy gelatinous pork mixture in a can - Spam: the state meat of the Islands. No wonder Sunday is so irritable.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Well, I'm sure 100 years from now, you boys will still be reenacting the great defeat of the Hawaiian Warriors at the hands of the defiant, mighty La Tech Bullogs on October the 8th, 2005.

Relish both the 1863 and 2005 victories, 'cause that's all yer gonna git.

Aloha.

Another example of a great post and a great opportunity to be more than a crappy flamer and you hit a weak pop out.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    Another example of a great post and a great opportunity to be more than a crappy flamer and you hit a weak pop out.
    Gonzo, I am a crappy flamer, as you put it, specifically to piss YOU off. I can only go on about the inbred, swamp dwelling, backwoods, Techies who conjure up swarms of crickets and high humidity to defeat the mighty warriors for so many posts.

Besides, it's kinda scary when my digs about civil war reenactments strike a nerve with the Techies. It makes me think of Deliverance, and the banjos start a twangin', and then I start to think about yorn obsessions with corn dogs and homophobia and well, I restrain my comments.

One of the Techies cancelled his honeymoon plans in Hawaii because of what I posted. :bigcry:

Besides, the comebacks like, "you're a crappy flamer," don't exactly inspire me to flamer greatness.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Gonzo, I am a crappy flamer, as you put it, specifically to piss YOU off. I can only go on about the inbred, swamp dwelling, backwoods, Techies who conjure up swarms of crickets and high humidity to defeat the mighty warriors for so many posts.

Besides, it's kinda scary when my digs about civil war reenactments strike a nerve with the Techies. It makes me think of Deliverance, and the banjos start a twangin', and then I start to think about yorn obsessions with corn dogs and homophobia and well, I restrain my comments.

One of the Techies cancelled his honeymoon plans in Hawaii because of what I posted. :bigcry:

Besides, the comebacks like, "you're a crappy flamer," don't exactly inspire me to flamer greatness.
    You're clueless...he said your last post had the potential of NOT being a flame...

Seriously...you really ARE clueless. Go read a history book...and let me know when you find that "Siege of Ruston" in there.

LOL!

Seriously...you really ARE clueless. Go read a history book...and let me know when you find that "Siege of Ruston" in there.

LOL!
    Uhmm...Who gives a shhhtt about civil war history OR La Tech football in Ruston? I mean really. I could go on for hours about Hawaiian history, but...I don't 'cause it's almost as lame as Louisianna's history.

Go back to twangin on yer banjo and looking at yer cousin with that covetous eye.

Why the heck would I want to read about Ruston's involvement in the civil war? For chrisssakes....

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Uhmm...Who gives a shhhtt about civil war history OR La Tech football in Ruston? I mean really. I could go on for hours about Hawaiian history, but...I don't 'cause it's almost as lame as Louisianna's history.

Go back to twangin on yer banjo and looking at yer cousin with that covetous eye.

Why the heck would I want to read about Ruston's involvement in the civil war? For chrisssakes....
    That statement right there forever seals your ignorance. 'Who cares about civil war history'??? Any person with half a brain. I honestly feel sorry for you. To use the old saying, "How can you know where you're going, if you don't know where you've been?"

And if you actually knew ANYTHING about Louisianna history, you would not think it to be boring...how sad.

Look, Louisianna and Hawaii are footnotes in history. They both are significant enough and colorful enough to warrant discussion, but...only one of us relives the wars that we lost.

Get over it. Stop living in the past.

+ Reply to Thread