+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How come

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Re: How come

I would venture to say that most historians and other intelligent people would agree with me when I say that LouisiaNa is more than just a footnote in history, ESPECIALLY American History. We relive the Battles we Won.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Big Grin Re: How come

Quote Originally Posted by SundayJam View Post
    Uhmm...Who gives a shhhtt about civil war history OR La Tech football in Ruston? I mean really. I could go on for hours about Hawaiian history, but...I don't 'cause it's almost as lame as Louisianna's history.

Go back to twangin on yer banjo and looking at yer cousin with that covetous eye.

Why the heck would I want to read about Ruston's involvement in the civil war? For chrisssakes....
    The irony in your insults is that you attempt to say we in Louisiana are ignorant and backwards while at the same time, you demonstrate your own ignorance by misspelling the name of the state you attempt to insult. Bless your heart.

I'll acknowledge I'm ignorant to your customs of severe obesity and heart disease from overeating pork, living on a volcano (at least our swamps don't blow up with molten rock) and wearing grass (instead of real clothing) and playing ukulele's (at least they have the same number of strings as a banjo), even we in the ignorant land of "LOUISIANA" at least know how to spell "HAWAII." And one other little item, none of our state's most famous Ambassadors are surnamed "HO" ... some of 'em just act like it (or visit them)!

Have a nice day.

TINY BUBBLES IN THE WINE!
    Last edited by ChuckK3; 07-15-2007 at 09:13 AM.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Gonzo, I am a crappy flamer, as you put it, specifically to piss YOU off. I can only go on about the inbred, swamp dwelling, backwoods, Techies who conjure up swarms of crickets and high humidity to defeat the mighty warriors for so many posts.

Besides, it's kinda scary when my digs about civil war reenactments strike a nerve with the Techies. It makes me think of Deliverance, and the banjos start a twangin', and then I start to think about yorn obsessions with corn dogs and homophobia and well, I restrain my comments.

One of the Techies cancelled his honeymoon plans in Hawaii because of what I posted. :bigcry:

Besides, the comebacks like, "you're a crappy flamer," don't exactly inspire me to flamer greatness.

How in the world is you being a crappy flamer supposed to piss me off? I'm not sure I get that one. Hey Sunday what year did you graduate from UH? What was your degree in? By the way you came here to flame, why would I need to insprire you to greatness?

Big Dog SundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to behold SundayJam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    The irony in your insults is that you attempt to say we in Louisiana are ignorant and backwards while at the same time, you demonstrate your own ignorance by misspelling the name of the state you attempt to insult. Bless your heart.

I'll acknowledge I'm ignorant to your customs of severe obesity and heart disease from overeating pork, living on a volcano (at least our swamps don't blow up with molten rock) and wearing grass (instead of real clothing) and playing ukulele's (at least they have the same number of strings as a banjo), even we in the ignorant land of "LOUISIANA" at least know how to spell "HAWAII." And one other little item, none of our state's most famous Ambassadors are surnamed "HO" ... some of 'em just act like it (or visit them)!

Have a nice day.

TINY BUBBLES IN THE WINE!
    You're gonna tell me LouisiaNA isn't famous for babyback ribs? I'm sher mer then a few of yer kin are fatter then mine. In fackt, yer momma isssso FAt....(is that a spell checer in da uppa rite hand conna?)

Don't be dissing Don Ho. Dude is dead. Next, your gonna tell me you don't like Hawaii 5-0.

Ruston's best-selling magazine.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

How about an answer gutless?

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Ruston's best-selling magazine.

??

Did you know China has become the "home of the fatties" ??

They are approaching LSPOO fans' appearance, as evidenced by the yahoos I see strolling the local n.e. Louisiana malls, all decked out in their purple "gear".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6899437.stm

I had no clue.

Every Chinaman I know is skinny as a reed; every LSPOO fan (pretender) I see is a porker.

FWIW...................or, not ??

Last edited by nadB; 07-17-2007 at 12:20 AM. Reason: spellimg

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Look, Louisianna and Hawaii are footnotes in history. They both are significant enough and colorful enough to warrant discussion, but...only one of us relives the wars that we lost.

Get over it. Stop living in the past.
    I'm not sure I understand the difference between Hawaii's game of Simon Says and our game of Civil War. Aren't both celebrations of historical culture or do Hawaiians play Simon Says at work and stuff too?

The most obvious difference to ME is that you won't see any Civil War guns, uniforms, or reenactments during the game, while WE have to watch you all play Simon Says. Well, ok, we've got the cannon. So you've got Simon Says and we've got the cannon, both are guilty parties.

I've been to Hawaii. You cannot pretend for one second that Hawaii doesn't have historical reenactments; however, I will give you credit for including dancing girls wearing coconuts in those reenactments.

Big Dog SundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to behold SundayJam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    How about an answer gutless?
    I'm sorry Gonzo. What?

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    I'm not sure I understand the difference between Hawaii's game of Simon Says and our game of Civil War. Aren't both celebrations of historical culture or do Hawaiians play Simon Says at work and stuff too?

The most obvious difference to ME is that you won't see any Civil War guns, uniforms, or reenactments during the game, while WE have to watch you all play Simon Says. Well, ok, we've got the cannon. So you've got Simon Says and we've got the cannon, both are guilty parties.

I've been to Hawaii. You cannot pretend for one second that Hawaii doesn't have historical reenactments; however, I will give you credit for including dancing girls wearing coconuts in those reenactments.
    Gorrilla...the historical/cultural significance of the Haka to gaming is unimpeachable. Traditionally, polynesians have performed this ritual before meeting an opponent. We don't reenact the US Marines overthrowing the Hawaiian Soveriegn government which took place well after the civil war ended. The queen of Hawaii yeilded her thrown to avoid bloodshed in 1893. She trusted that the U.S. government would do the right thing. Hawaii always had good relations with America.

Keep the 'Simon says' videos coming. Parody and ridicule are the greatest compliments to a competitor. Yes, I do remember, vividly, the loss to La Tech in 2005.

You're still only 1/5....

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Gorrilla...the historical/cultural significance of the Haka to gaming is unimpeachable. Traditionally, polynesians have performed this ritual before meeting an opponent.
    But, unless the polynesians still perform this, it is historical and no different than a Civil War reenactment. When two companies are both bidding for the same building contract, do they Haka? But the Haka isn't the only historical reenactment. Hawaii has far more historical shows than Louisiana, it isn't even close.

And you've got to admit, the Simon Says video was funny and has much more class than most of the comments left by the Hawaiian fans. I'm glad you are better than them.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    When two companies are both bidding for the same building contract, do they Haka?

I'm sorry Gonzo. What?

When did you graduate from UH and what did you get your degree in?

Varsity Bulldog Junky has turned a few heads around hereJunky has turned a few heads around hereJunky has turned a few heads around here

Im going to brag alittle on Louisiana,

Without the Louisiana Purchase, Hawaii may have never become a state....

there, i did my part in defending my state

With out Napoleon, we might never have had a Louisiana purchase or a 50th state. If only Louis knew how to ride a horse!

Techies...please.

I'm sorry Gonzo, what?

Varsity Bulldog Junky has turned a few heads around hereJunky has turned a few heads around hereJunky has turned a few heads around here

Im talking about states....and who came first between Louisiana and Hawaii, and if the US would not have bought the Louisiana Territory from France, the US would have probably never gotten Hawaii because the US would not have two oceans to deal with.

+ Reply to Thread