+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shreveport-Bossier Alumni!

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Shreveport-Bossier Alumni!

The survey has been sent! Along with info about upcoming events.

http://latechalumni.com/mailout/statet.gif

LouisianaTechUniversity
    Division of University Advancement
    www.latechalumni.org

Dear Shreveport/Bossier Tech Alumni,

Exciting things are happening at your university and we want you to be a part of it. A group of alumni in your area are in the process of beginning a Shreveport/Bossier Alumni Chapter and would like to know what you might be interested in participating in.

Please complete a short online survey so they can plan activities that meet your needs. The link to the online survey is http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=gFlxnn0JgysKPD08xby15w_3d_3d.

The group’s next meeting is Tuesday, June 26, at
    6 p.m. in the meeting room at G&G Distributing, 410 Hamilton Road, Bossier City

Contact Adam Bullock to RSVP or for more information: Liteman75@yahoo.com, 318-747-2337 ext. 215 (work), or 318-868-3441 (home).

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Re: Shreveport-Bossier Alumni!

This is a reminder to all in the Shreveport Bossier area.

And for those that cannot make it but want to be apart of this group be sure to answer the survey and leave some contact information. Also, anyone may contact me directly.

If anyone (who is not going to make it) has any questions or ideas they would like to see answered or shared please email or PM me. We will bring them up tonight

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

First I would like to thank a few people for their help.

Ross at Maxwell's Market (Marketdawg)for suppling some excellent sandwiches.
    Jonathan Tynes with Acadiana Mortgage (shrevportdawg) for the wonerful mexican casserole.
    Ryan Richard with the Alumni Center for beverages and door prizes and alot of effort helping this group get started.
    Thank you for your time, effort, and expense.

And to the over 70 people that have either shown up to one of these events, filled out the contact info on the survey, or have emailed and/or called me to give contact info.........a big THANK YOU. Without your quest to promote TECH we would not be doing this.

Good turn out. The rain did keep a few away (including my wife) but we also had some show up that did not RSVP. Total count was 20 (at least that was the number of info sheets turned in) and there was a wide range of ages. We discussed everything from the survey that went out and ways to contact more alumni to what our goals and desires as a group should be. After discussing these things we decided that we should form a nine member board with people of all different interest with hopes that this group can represent this area's alumnni & friends in the best possible way.

One thing I do want to try and stress is that this will not be an Alumni Chapter or a Champs Chapter. This will be a Chapter for those that want to promote Louisiana Tech in all aspects of the university with plenty of Alumni Asso. members and Champs members involved and no one that wants to promote Louisiana Tech excluded. Also, we will not be "The Shreveport" or "The Bossier" group. We want to be a regional group including any persons that want to promote TECH in this area. (we have had people with local ties contact us even though they are currently living as far away as Hawaii)

We are calling this group of nine an "interim board" agreed upon by those in attendance last night. We have a President, James Ginn (aka JDubyadawg), and a VP, me, Adam Bullock (aka JAB). We also have seven other members (alot from this board) that have agreed to help form this board and fill the Secretary, Treasurer, and Chairmen positions. )Since I did not ask if I could openly post their names here I will leave it up to them if they want to be known.)

I hope I have answered most of the questions.
    Please remeber this group will be open to anybody that is a Louisiana Tech supporter.
    Any and all questions and/or ideas are welcome so feel free to post them here or PM me.
    And we are looking for a group name so any ideas would be great.

Thank You,
    ADAM BULLOCK

p.s. Can James get access to the recruiting folder now?:icon_wink:

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Check out Penn State's alumni site...very well organized and they have different levels where alumns can participate
    http://www.alumni.psu.edu/about_us/default.htm

And i like their strategic plan which they have posted it online
    http://www.alumni.psu.edu/about_us/plan/

+ Reply to Thread