+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How was TECH day in Little Rock?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

How was TECH day in Little Rock?

Heard y'all had a big crowd.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: How was TECH day in Little Rock?

We had about 70+ show up. It was a very nice evening. The Travs won.

This is how my night went:
    I arrived up to the stadium at 6:10pm...went to the Tech picnic area, bought some beer, talked to Ryan Richards and some alumns. Had a burger. Later sat and watched the game that started around 7:30. Went home.

Varsity Bulldog farright3030 has turned a few heads around herefarright3030 has turned a few heads around here farright3030's Avatar

When is the next Little Rock group event? I was out of town for the Travs game.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Don't know. Got any ideas of what you would like to do?

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Sounds like the event wasn't very exciting.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    Sounds like the event wasn't very exciting.
    70+ TECH people at an event in Little Rock?? I'd say that's pretty cool. If we end up with that much at our first event coming up, then I'm sure that we'll all be happy with that start.

Varsity Bulldog farright3030 has turned a few heads around herefarright3030 has turned a few heads around here farright3030's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Don't know. Got any ideas of what you would like to do?
    I would say maybe some watching parties for Tech games on TV. Just find a spot willing to promise a TV with our game on it and have everyone meet up for drinks and food there. Somewhere on the River Market perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by farright3030 View Post
    I would say maybe some watching parties for Tech games on TV. Just find a spot willing to promise a TV with our game on it and have everyone meet up for drinks and food there. Somewhere on the River Market perhaps?
    We had some game watching parties here in Little Rock in the past. Usually we would go to West-End Tavern and rent out their upstairs private room. Check the alumni site for any new updates of events.

If you have any ideas..email the alumni association.

I hope we can have a gathering and invite the coaches to talk about Tech sports, but from the alumni director guy...he told me they were too busy to come up to Arkansas this summer. Bummer. Maybe we'll have them come down later this year. Would like to hear Dooley speak.

Be on the look out:
    We'll do soemthing for the UALR/TECH basketball game

Puppy LR alum seems to have something between the earsLR alum seems to have something between the earsLR alum seems to have something between the earsLR alum seems to have something between the earsLR alum seems to have something between the earsLR alum seems to have something between the earsLR alum seems to have something between the earsLR alum seems to have something between the ears

Hey Guys!
    Just wanted to say thanks to all of you that attended the Traveler's game this past weekend. I thought that it went really well considering that it was the first planned alumni event in the Central Arkansas area in years.

It looks as though our next event will be a game watching party on October 27 when we take on Utah State. There was a game watching party last year at West End that seemed to go over well. The plan is to have it there again this year unless someone has a better suggestion. Just let me know...I am open to other ideas.

I am working with the Alumni office to try to plan an event for the UALR vs. Tech basketball game this winter as well. Hopefully we can get something together before the game.

As your contact for this area I welcome any ideas that you may have. You can email them to me or respond on this Board. Our goal is to get enough interest and consistant participation to start an official alumni chapter here. Again, let me know your thoughts and ideas.

+ Reply to Thread